Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Sharm el Sheikh - HELP!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Sharm el Sheikh - HELP!

Last minute, help!!

I've just decided to go to Sharm el Sheikh for diving, last week of August, anyone could give me a tip about how to get there from Geneva? Travel agency plane + hotel??

I've been there back in 89/90, lots of it changed now. How to get there, where to stay, diving groups...

Thanks' a lot,

alexandre

079 243-4657

www.alerizzo.com

The text you are quoting:

Last minute, help!!

I've just decided to go to Sharm el Sheikh for diving, last week of August, anyone could give me a tip about how to get there from Geneva? Travel agency plane + hotel??

I've been there back in 89/90, lots of it changed now. How to get there, where to stay, diving groups...

Thanks' a lot,

alexandre

079 243-4657

www.alerizzo.com

Ale RizzoAug 3, 2013 @ 19:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1302 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Sharm el Sheikh - HELP!
Post 1

check this out www.cameldive.com

I haven't stayed there but had a walk over on my last visit. Good access to the beach and very central for Naama bay town centre. It didn't have a 4 star feel to it and seemed a little more "bohemian" than the site gallery picts. However, i was unable to visit a room (fully booked). Not far from the airport. Not far from the port. Evidently full of fellow divers.

It will cost you an arm and a leg to get there....no easyjet flights available until september....so probably not possible without a change in Cairo, Rome, Zurich or wherever and loosing a whole day travelling....

check this out www.cameldive.com

I haven't stayed there but had a walk over on my last visit. Good access to the beach and very central for Naama bay town centre. It didn't have a 4 star feel to it and seemed a little more "bohemian" than the site gallery picts. However, i was unable to visit a room (fully booked). Not far from the airport. Not far from the port. Evidently full of fellow divers.

It will cost you an arm and a leg to get there....no easyjet flights available until september....so probably not possible without a change in Cairo, Rome, Zurich or wherever and loosing a whole day travelling....

Shirley T, Aug 4, 2013 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

My husband and I have been in Sharm 3 times. We always stay outside Naama bay in the area Hadaba. Many of the hotels have house reefs there and you can snorkel directly from the seashore. It's also quiet area but with a nice small mall with restaurants and cafe's. 
Naama bay is if you like disco, noise and a white sandy beach in the middle of town with lots of people - a lot of young people party here.
If you have your own gear and don't wanna pay for the boat trips  I recommend going to Ras Muhammed national park (you can rent a taxi for the day - if you are good at haggling) and dive right in from the shore. 
My husband has diabetes, so we only snorkel and free dive - but we have had great times at Hadaba seing  dolphines, lion fish, morays, sting rays and millions of fish and beautiful corals :)

My husband and I have been in Sharm 3 times. We always stay outside Naama bay in the area Hadaba. Many of the hotels have house reefs there and you can snorkel directly from the seashore. It's also quiet area but with a nice small mall with restaurants and cafe's. 
Naama bay is if you like disco, noise and a white sandy beach in the middle of town with lots of people - a lot of young people party here.
If you have your own gear and don't wanna pay for the boat trips  I recommend going to Ras Muhammed national park (you can rent a taxi for the day - if you are good at haggling) and dive right in from the shore. 
My husband has diabetes, so we only snorkel and free dive - but we have had great times at Hadaba seing  dolphines, lion fish, morays, sting rays and millions of fish and beautiful corals :)

Karina M, Aug 6, 2013 @ 16:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Just came back Today from hurgada, very sensitive situation.

all travels from belgium, France and switzerland are canceled due to the emergency state.

If you could postponed your trip it is better.

virginie

Just came back Today from hurgada, very sensitive situation.

all travels from belgium, France and switzerland are canceled due to the emergency state.

If you could postponed your trip it is better.

virginie

Virginie N, Aug 18, 2013 @ 12:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

last summer I was with a last minute to hurgada,Jazz Makadi star ,because i love diving and said to myself that sea must be beautiful everywhere overthere.

Big mistake!!!dirty water and nothing to see under the sea...locals at the reception couldn't even speak english...

beware of the last minute!!

last summer I was with a last minute to hurgada,Jazz Makadi star ,because i love diving and said to myself that sea must be beautiful everywhere overthere.

Big mistake!!!dirty water and nothing to see under the sea...locals at the reception couldn't even speak english...

beware of the last minute!!

Bluette, Aug 18, 2013 @ 14:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hello and g'day all,

First of all thanks' again for all good information and advises about the area and actual situation.

Any of you know about the road from Hurghada to Quena? Did any of you travel that way, by car or by bus?? How the road looks like, empty, for sure, but petrol station somewhere between Safaga and Quena?? I've seen that is about 160km and would like to know how is it when things get "back to normal" in the area.

Thank you all,

alexandre

Hello and g'day all,

First of all thanks' again for all good information and advises about the area and actual situation.

Any of you know about the road from Hurghada to Quena? Did any of you travel that way, by car or by bus?? How the road looks like, empty, for sure, but petrol station somewhere between Safaga and Quena?? I've seen that is about 160km and would like to know how is it when things get "back to normal" in the area.

Thank you all,

alexandre

Ale Rizzo, Aug 19, 2013 @ 09:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Ciao,

The easiest for yourself, is to get someboy to drive you from Hurghada to Quena in a private car.

I know friends in Hurghada who have a rental car agency, locals to the Upper Egypt area who can also arrange a chauffeur, Let me know if you need a quote.

Ciao,

The easiest for yourself, is to get someboy to drive you from Hurghada to Quena in a private car.

I know friends in Hurghada who have a rental car agency, locals to the Upper Egypt area who can also arrange a chauffeur, Let me know if you need a quote.

Salem T, Aug 19, 2013 @ 10:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Here we go again, g'day all

Apparently the situation in Egypt is back to normal and I'll have a go for the end of January/Feb 2014.

Please any help about diving tips for Hurghada and down the Nilo will be very welcome, oh sure, I will do it on a push bike, as usual...

Thanks' for all

alexandre

www.alerizzo.com

Here we go again, g'day all

Apparently the situation in Egypt is back to normal and I'll have a go for the end of January/Feb 2014.

Please any help about diving tips for Hurghada and down the Nilo will be very welcome, oh sure, I will do it on a push bike, as usual...

Thanks' for all

alexandre

www.alerizzo.com

Ale Rizzo, Oct 20, 2013 @ 07:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1302 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form