Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > South Korea

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
South Korea
 I'm leaving for South Korea in 3 weeks and I need advice on the places to go, including Seoul and Jeju. Is better to travel by train or bus? I will be travelling for 2 weeks!
Please help me! Open to all suggestions!
Thanks
The text you are quoting:
 I'm leaving for South Korea in 3 weeks and I need advice on the places to go, including Seoul and Jeju. Is better to travel by train or bus? I will be travelling for 2 weeks!
Please help me! Open to all suggestions!
Thanks
michSep 4, 2009 @ 16:03
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 843 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: South Korea
Post 1
 Hiya,  I lived in Daegu, Korea for five years, and have been to Seoul many times, and to Jeju three times. 

In Seoul I would go to Insadong, Dongdaemun and Namdaemun markets.  Insadong is not far from the Cheungdaecheung river, which can be nice.  It's also located in an area called Jong-ro which is good for shopping and bookshops.

As for Jeju island, I climbed Halla mountain twice.  It's an easy enough hike, though the mountain can be a bit tricky to get to.  That said, it was the best part of Jeju island for me.

The buses and the trains are both fine, though of course, the high speed KTX is the newest and the fastest. 

Have a great trip, and enjoy the food!
 Hiya,  I lived in Daegu, Korea for five years, and have been to Seoul many times, and to Jeju three times. 

In Seoul I would go to Insadong, Dongdaemun and Namdaemun markets.  Insadong is not far from the Cheungdaecheung river, which can be nice.  It's also located in an area called Jong-ro which is good for shopping and bookshops.

As for Jeju island, I climbed Halla mountain twice.  It's an easy enough hike, though the mountain can be a bit tricky to get to.  That said, it was the best part of Jeju island for me.

The buses and the trains are both fine, though of course, the high speed KTX is the newest and the fastest. 

Have a great trip, and enjoy the food!
Tara S, Sep 4, 2009 @ 18:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: South Korea
Post 2
Hello.

I hope I didn't find this article too late.
I am originally from Seoul. If you send me a message with your email, I will send you some of the suggested attractions I have created within Seoul (I already have a draft since my friends have already asked me for tips, so don't hesitate to send me a msg~! :)

I can give a you a few more suggestions for other cities which you can travel.

Going back to your question, it is far more convenient to travel by train since you are likely to get stuck in traffic jams. :(

Let me know if there is more you would like to know~!
Cheers~!
Hello.

I hope I didn't find this article too late.
I am originally from Seoul. If you send me a message with your email, I will send you some of the suggested attractions I have created within Seoul (I already have a draft since my friends have already asked me for tips, so don't hesitate to send me a msg~! :)

I can give a you a few more suggestions for other cities which you can travel.

Going back to your question, it is far more convenient to travel by train since you are likely to get stuck in traffic jams. :(

Let me know if there is more you would like to know~!
Cheers~!

beloquent, Sep 17, 2009 @ 20:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 843 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form