Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Swiss daily ticket for 6th of August

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Swiss daily ticket for 6th of August

Hello everybody, do you know those tickets for 40 chf valid for 24 hours in all Switzerland, all public transport, that is almost impossible to find?

Well, I just got one and...for the wrong day :((

So if someome wants to travel on 6th of August, by train, boat, bus or other, from Geneva to Lugano and then to Bern or wherever, let me know!

Cry

The text you are quoting:

Hello everybody, do you know those tickets for 40 chf valid for 24 hours in all Switzerland, all public transport, that is almost impossible to find?

So if someome wants to travel on 6th of August, by train, boat, bus or other, from Geneva to Lugano and then to Bern or wherever, let me know!

Cry

Stephanie sdJul 16, 2013 @ 20:09
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1884 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Swiss daily ticket for 6th of August
Post 1

Hello Stephanie dont know if I really understood you correctly, but you can buy those tickets here As far as I know they are valid all over Switzerland for public transport, but there are also private transport, then if that is the case then probably you have to pay for private transport.

Just choose your village, or the one next to you and order the ticket in case there are still some available on that day.

Hope this Helps

Hello Stephanie dont know if I really understood you correctly, but you can buy those tickets here As far as I know they are valid all over Switzerland for public transport, but there are also private transport, then if that is the case then probably you have to pay for private transport.

Just choose your village, or the one next to you and order the ticket in case there are still some available on that day.

Hope this Helps

Dorothy W, Jul 16, 2013 @ 21:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I can see that in Bernex there is still 1 ticket left, and in Versoix 3, so you better hurry or order online.

I can see that in Bernex there is still 1 ticket left, and in Versoix 3, so you better hurry or order online.

Dorothy W, Jul 16, 2013 @ 21:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Cry

Jul 16, 13 20:09

Hi Stephanie,

Even I heard of this tickets.  You have to plan ahead of time and go on a trip.  You can go to any place in switzerland.  Recently we have seen many places on a day trip.  Just plan you day trip like you can catch a train early in the morning from Garre Cornavin and get down at place you want to visit. see the place and if there is a boat ride in between, you can show this ticket and get discounted price sometimes.  Or in some boat it is a free ride also.

If you have time from there you can go to another destination .  The point is finally you have to catch the last train back to Geneva before 12.00 night. Otherwise you have to end up paying more.

For example :

We went to see Chocolate factory - We took morning train : 5.51 - to Gruyeres which reached about 9.00 a.m. The trip to this place is to see Cheese factory first and then again took train to go to Chocolate factory wich is only 10 mts from there. came back and went to Molesan village there you got few castle etc . 

you can check www.tripadvisor.com to make your plans.

Have a nice day.

Girija R

Hi Stephanie,

Even I heard of this tickets.  You have to plan ahead of time and go on a trip.  You can go to any place in switzerland.  Recently we have seen many places on a day trip.  Just plan you day trip like you can catch a train early in the morning from Garre Cornavin and get down at place you want to visit. see the place and if there is a boat ride in between, you can show this ticket and get discounted price sometimes.  Or in some boat it is a free ride also.

If you have time from there you can go to another destination .  The point is finally you have to catch the last train back to Geneva before 12.00 night. Otherwise you have to end up paying more.

For example :

We went to see Chocolate factory - We took morning train : 5.51 - to Gruyeres which reached about 9.00 a.m. The trip to this place is to see Cheese factory first and then again took train to go to Chocolate factory wich is only 10 mts from there. came back and went to Molesan village there you got few castle etc . 

you can check www.tripadvisor.com to make your plans.

Have a nice day.

Girija R

GIRIJA RAGHAVAN, Jul 17, 2013 @ 11:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Cry

Jul 16, 13 20:09

Hi Stephanie,

If you have not made up your mind, then let me know how many tickets you have.  I am looking for atleast 2 tickets.Thank you.

Girija R

Hi Stephanie,

If you have not made up your mind, then let me know how many tickets you have.  I am looking for atleast 2 tickets.Thank you.

Girija R

GIRIJA RAGHAVAN, Jul 17, 2013 @ 12:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

check also in Ricardo (www.ricardo.ch), some people are selling such 1 day passes

Some German/French is required ;-)

a good word for a search is "Gemeindekarte"

check also in Ricardo (www.ricardo.ch), some people are selling such 1 day passes

Some German/French is required ;-)

a good word for a search is "Gemeindekarte"

Cynthia_BE, Jul 17, 2013 @ 13:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

hello ,

do you still have the ticket .Only 1 clarification , is it a one day pass which allows to travel in whole switzerland ?

If yes ,im interested in having it .

Thanks

hello ,

do you still have the ticket .Only 1 clarification , is it a one day pass which allows to travel in whole switzerland ?

Thanks

kavita1, Aug 1, 2013 @ 17:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

hello ,

Thanks

Aug 1, 13 17:46

Hi Kavita

You can also buy one from the Gemeinde if there is one available for the day you intend to travel, good thing is you can also go to neighbouring villages and check if they have one.

Hi Kavita

You can also buy one from the Gemeinde if there is one available for the day you intend to travel, good thing is you can also go to neighbouring villages and check if they have one.

Dorothy W, Aug 1, 2013 @ 21:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

If you live in the Canton of Geneva (Ville de Genève):

This is where you get your day pass:

http://www.ville-geneve.ch/demarches-administratives/mobilite/carte-journaliere-cff/

If you live in the Canton of Geneva (Ville de Genève):

This is where you get your day pass:

http://www.ville-geneve.ch/demarches-administratives/mobilite/carte-journaliere-cff/

gerald m, Aug 2, 2013 @ 09:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I think you can also buy them at the Tourist Office on "Pont de la Machine" in Geneva, but they go very quickly.

R.

I think you can also buy them at the Tourist Office on "Pont de la Machine" in Geneva, but they go very quickly.

R.

Ritchie, Aug 2, 2013 @ 09:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

R.

Aug 2, 13 09:40

Yes this is exactly where you should get it if you belong to the Canton of Geneva. They don^t have online reservation though.

Yes this is exactly where you should get it if you belong to the Canton of Geneva. They don^t have online reservation though.

gerald m, Aug 2, 2013 @ 09:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1884 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form