Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Tips on trip to Jeddah?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Tips on trip to Jeddah?

I am planning to go to Jeddah as a tourist for 1-2 weeks. Have never been to the Saudi Arabia. Any tips to share? Google shows some restrictions for women. Thank you!

The text you are quoting:

I am planning to go to Jeddah as a tourist for 1-2 weeks. Have never been to the Saudi Arabia. Any tips to share? Google shows some restrictions for women. Thank you!

gulchatayJun 7, 2016 @ 19:24
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1641 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Tips on trip to Jeddah?
Post 1

Jun 7, 16 19:24

Don't do it unless you're tired of living!

Don't do it unless you're tired of living!

emadysh, Jun 8, 2016 @ 18:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Strange choice for tourism! !! Saudi Arabia is famous for religious tourism for Muslims or as a working destination. It is not a touristic venue. I would recommend that you reconsider unless you are going in search of a job. 

Strange choice for tourism! !! Saudi Arabia is famous for religious tourism for Muslims or as a working destination. It is not a touristic venue. I would recommend that you reconsider unless you are going in search of a job. 

Nahed Z, Jun 9, 2016 @ 00:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

How did you manage that? You need an invitation from someone living there or a Saudi...

How did you manage that? You need an invitation from someone living there or a Saudi...

Maria H, Jun 9, 2016 @ 07:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey, I have been to jeddah for tourisme aswell.

what are you looking for in terms of experiance?

Neneh S, Jun 9, 2016 @ 11:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Jun 9, 16 11:33

I think she maybe looking for the "Saudi Prince" experience! Which if that's the case I'd stick to Geneva or Knightsbridge in London - both of which are safer and flooded with Saudi Princes every summer :)

If I am wrong, it would be nice to hear why this is a tourism spot.

I think she maybe looking for the "Saudi Prince" experience! Which if that's the case I'd stick to Geneva or Knightsbridge in London - both of which are safer and flooded with Saudi Princes every summer :)

If I am wrong, it would be nice to hear why this is a tourism spot.

Angie S, Jun 9, 2016 @ 13:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Honestly i went there to visit some of my friends. i was extremly on the reserve  and had alot of prejudgement before getting there.

ofcourse one may not forget that we are in a arabe country and that Saudi is the place of pelgrim for milions of muslims.

my experiance was suprising in a good way. Jeddah in contrast to Riyahd is considered to be "open" meaning that you will not see the girls covered up in burkas. you will be able to go to the beach resorts and be in casual clothing and swim wear. you can go have coffee with ur male friends as long as you sit in the familly section.

there is alot to do especially going camping in the desert, ride camels, visit the old jeddah..

maybe i had a good experiance because i was there with locals. never have i felt to wear the vail in public. the restriction i felt was that as a woman i could not drive and had to wear the abbaya.

Honestly i went there to visit some of my friends. i was extremly on the reserve  and had alot of prejudgement before getting there.

ofcourse one may not forget that we are in a arabe country and that Saudi is the place of pelgrim for milions of muslims.

my experiance was suprising in a good way. Jeddah in contrast to Riyahd is considered to be "open" meaning that you will not see the girls covered up in burkas. you will be able to go to the beach resorts and be in casual clothing and swim wear. you can go have coffee with ur male friends as long as you sit in the familly section.

there is alot to do especially going camping in the desert, ride camels, visit the old jeddah..

maybe i had a good experiance because i was there with locals. never have i felt to wear the vail in public. the restriction i felt was that as a woman i could not drive and had to wear the abbaya.

Neneh S, Jun 9, 2016 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

1-2 weeks in Jeddah as a tourist? Goodness me. Well, the diving is pretty good, the corniche is pretty with some lovely cafes, there are some decent food places.

"Some restrictions for women" is rather understating the case. If you haven't been to Saudi before, prepare for some culture shock...

And as others have said, how will you get a visa? Saudi Arabia does not encourage tourism.

If I were there for that long, I'd be doing everything I could to get to Mada'in Saleh though. Still so sad I never managed to visit in the years I lived in Saudi Arabia.

1-2 weeks in Jeddah as a tourist? Goodness me. Well, the diving is pretty good, the corniche is pretty with some lovely cafes, there are some decent food places.

"Some restrictions for women" is rather understating the case. If you haven't been to Saudi before, prepare for some culture shock...

And as others have said, how will you get a visa? Saudi Arabia does not encourage tourism.

If I were there for that long, I'd be doing everything I could to get to Mada'in Saleh though. Still so sad I never managed to visit in the years I lived in Saudi Arabia.

Niall S, Jun 10, 2016 @ 12:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Jun 10, 16 12:07

And I hope the OP is not intending to drive herself around to the hot spots?

My two SILs were stationed there for three years and never went anywhere without having to be covered from head to foot in a Hijab/Niqab [sorry don't know the correct terminology but you get the drift]. And if you feel like going to a night club and having a drink......... forgot it!

And I hope the OP is not intending to drive herself around to the hot spots?

My two SILs were stationed there for three years and never went anywhere without having to be covered from head to foot in a Hijab/Niqab [sorry don't know the correct terminology but you get the drift]. And if you feel like going to a night club and having a drink......... forgot it!

sheila c, Jun 10, 2016 @ 18:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1641 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form