Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Travel Advice Geneva - Krakow

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Travel Advice Geneva - Krakow

Hello,

My girlfriend will be in Krakow soon for 5 months. We are trying to figure out what the best way is to travel there. Any people with experience / useful advice when traveling from Geneva (or airport nearby)?

- We are looking for a flight without stopovers, so an aiport nearby would fine, as we can't find direct flights. We want to avoid stopovers in case the 1st flight gets delayed and we miss the connecting flight..

- It will be mainly weekend trips so we prefer short as possible traveltimes.

Any advice much appreciated!
The text you are quoting:

Hello,

My girlfriend will be in Krakow soon for 5 months. We are trying to figure out what the best way is to travel there. Any people with experience / useful advice when traveling from Geneva (or airport nearby)?

- We are looking for a flight without stopovers, so an aiport nearby would fine, as we can't find direct flights. We want to avoid stopovers in case the 1st flight gets delayed and we miss the connecting flight..

- It will be mainly weekend trips so we prefer short as possible traveltimes.

Any advice much appreciated!

ThomasNLAug 17, 2009 @ 18:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 2702 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Travel Advice Geneva - Krakow
Post 1
 As far as I know there are no direct flights from Geneva to Krakow. There are direct flights from Geneva to Warsaw ( around 2 hr flight) and from Warsaw to Krakow you can take a train ( I think it's like 2-3 hrs). Hope that helps. PS. I know cause my sis lives in Krakow.
 As far as I know there are no direct flights from Geneva to Krakow. There are direct flights from Geneva to Warsaw ( around 2 hr flight) and from Warsaw to Krakow you can take a train ( I think it's like 2-3 hrs). Hope that helps. PS. I know cause my sis lives in Krakow.

Marz, Aug 17, 2009 @ 18:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
 Thanks! So far what I found I think it's the best option.
 Thanks! So far what I found I think it's the best option.

ThomasNL, Aug 19, 2009 @ 21:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
my g'friend is from Krakow. you can fly through frankfurt and on to Krakow from there. If you try edreams.com you will find some kind of deals. hope this helps
my g'friend is from Krakow. you can fly through frankfurt and on to Krakow from there. If you try edreams.com you will find some kind of deals. hope this helps
Pioneer85, Aug 19, 2009 @ 21:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
As mentioned there are no direct flight from Geneva.

I am travelling there in a couple of weeks and I am flying via Vienna, its not so costly and takes about 3hrs including stop over. Lufthansa is another option via Frankfurt but truely expensive.

As Marz said LOT fly direct to Warsaw, I havent been for awhile but trains from what I have been told have improved a lot since 2005. I heard there is a high speed express now??
As mentioned there are no direct flight from Geneva.

I am travelling there in a couple of weeks and I am flying via Vienna, its not so costly and takes about 3hrs including stop over. Lufthansa is another option via Frankfurt but truely expensive.

As Marz said LOT fly direct to Warsaw, I havent been for awhile but trains from what I have been told have improved a lot since 2005. I heard there is a high speed express now??

natd76, Aug 19, 2009 @ 21:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
The train from Warsaw to Krakow takes around 3 hours and that's an express train. (high speed train in Poland goes maybe 130km/h with a good wind :) The trains run pretty much every hour during the day but you have to count the time spent on transfering from the airport to the train station as well. Taxi would be the fastest way around 15-20 min if there is no traffic... But if the plane is delayed you might miss the train and will have to wait for another one.
So I say if there is a possibility of flying cheaply via Vienna and getting there in 3 hours then you won't find a better option. I've never heard about this option before and my friends fly with lufthansa via Frankfurt but it takes half a day to get there.
The train from the Krakow airport to the city centre takes around 15 min but the trains run once an hour.

Good luck.

The train from Warsaw to Krakow takes around 3 hours and that's an express train. (high speed train in Poland goes maybe 130km/h with a good wind :) The trains run pretty much every hour during the day but you have to count the time spent on transfering from the airport to the train station as well. Taxi would be the fastest way around 15-20 min if there is no traffic... But if the plane is delayed you might miss the train and will have to wait for another one.
So I say if there is a possibility of flying cheaply via Vienna and getting there in 3 hours then you won't find a better option. I've never heard about this option before and my friends fly with lufthansa via Frankfurt but it takes half a day to get there.
The train from the Krakow airport to the city centre takes around 15 min but the trains run once an hour.

Good luck.

Kamil S, Aug 19, 2009 @ 22:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 2702 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form