Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Travel to Dolomites, Italy

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Travel to Dolomites, Italy

Hello, Does anyone know how to reach dolomites, Italy with public transport? We do not have a car and we cannot rent a car.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prashanth.

The text you are quoting:

Hello, Does anyone know how to reach dolomites, Italy with public transport? We do not have a car and we cannot rent a car.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prashanth.

Prashanth RJul 19, 2016 @ 23:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1423 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Travel to Dolomites, Italy
Post 1

I flew into Venice and then caught the bus to Cortina (CortinaExpress).  There are then lots of local buses that enable you to get from the end of your hike back into town...

I booked the bus from Venice to Cortina online - as there are only two a day!  The bus does come from Bologna so don't expect it to be on time....

Enjoy the Dolimites

I flew into Venice and then caught the bus to Cortina (CortinaExpress).  There are then lots of local buses that enable you to get from the end of your hike back into town...

I booked the bus from Venice to Cortina online - as there are only two a day!  The bus does come from Bologna so don't expect it to be on time....

Enjoy the Dolimites

Melita C, Aug 5, 2016 @ 18:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hello Melita, thanks for that info. Is there any place you could suggest for stay?

Prashanth

Hello Melita, thanks for that info. Is there any place you could suggest for stay?

Prashanth

Prashanth R, Aug 9, 2016 @ 22:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I stayed in Cortina but there is another big town Amprezzo - I think that is how you spell it.

There are heaps of local buses - so you can complete a 4/5 hour walk and then catch a local bus back into town...  Just have a look at Cortina Express timetable - at the bus station they are available.  

I stayed in a variety of accommodation - as I was walking - where ever you feel comfortable - everything is basically within walking distance.

it is cooler there than here and we never got to 20 degrees - but during the day the sun is out and strong - sunscreen required.  At night a thin jumper or jacket required (I was greatful for the down jacket that I carry).  It could rain also in the afternoon.  So take jacket or the hotel might have umbrellas...  I was surprised at the variety - came back with a good tan though!

Melita

I stayed in Cortina but there is another big town Amprezzo - I think that is how you spell it.

There are heaps of local buses - so you can complete a 4/5 hour walk and then catch a local bus back into town...  Just have a look at Cortina Express timetable - at the bus station they are available.  

I stayed in a variety of accommodation - as I was walking - where ever you feel comfortable - everything is basically within walking distance.

it is cooler there than here and we never got to 20 degrees - but during the day the sun is out and strong - sunscreen required.  At night a thin jumper or jacket required (I was greatful for the down jacket that I carry).  It could rain also in the afternoon.  So take jacket or the hotel might have umbrellas...  I was surprised at the variety - came back with a good tan though!

Melita

Melita C, Aug 10, 2016 @ 09:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks so much, this helps a lot for me.

Thanks so much, this helps a lot for me.

Prashanth R, Aug 11, 2016 @ 19:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1423 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form