Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Tsunami warning, be aware!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Tsunami warning, be aware!
I just want to let you all know that if you or any of your friends are going to Thailand in July please stay away from the beaches all around in the month of July. There is a prediction that there will be another tsunami hitting on July 22nd. It is also when there will be sun eclipse. Predicted that it is going 2 be really bad and countries like Malaysia (Sabah & Sarawak), Singapore, Maldives, Australia, Mauritius, Si Lanka, India, Indonesia, Philippines are going 2 be badly hit. Please try and stay away from the beaches in July. Better 2 be safe than sorry.
The text you are quoting:
I just want to let you all know that if you or any of your friends are going to Thailand in July please stay away from the beaches all around in the month of July. There is a prediction that there will be another tsunami hitting on July 22nd. It is also when there will be sun eclipse. Predicted that it is going 2 be really bad and countries like Malaysia (Sabah & Sarawak), Singapore, Maldives, Australia, Mauritius, Si Lanka, India, Indonesia, Philippines are going 2 be badly hit. Please try and stay away from the beaches in July. Better 2 be safe than sorry.

MaritMMay 22, 2009 @ 23:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1427 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Tsunami warning, be aware!
Post 1
i thought the more destructive tsunami's are caused by catostrophic events such as an earthquake beneath the ocean's floor.

i've never heard of an eclipse causing tsunami's in the past. ;)

i thought the more destructive tsunami's are caused by catostrophic events such as an earthquake beneath the ocean's floor.

i've never heard of an eclipse causing tsunami's in the past. ;)
YouMeCo, May 23, 2009 @ 00:41

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Just goggled it (Tsunami 22nd July) and there are quite a few sites to choose from (+ indicating that it's a hoax): ...and it's nice to see where the initial posting came from!...

:o) J.

[url=http://www.snopes.com/science/tsunami.asp][/url]
Just goggled it (Tsunami 22nd July) and there are quite a few sites to choose from (+ indicating that it's a hoax): ...and it's nice to see where the initial posting came from!...

:o) J.

[url=http://www.snopes.com/science/tsunami.asp][/url]

JulianT, May 23, 2009 @ 01:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Oh by the way I got it from well informed sources that the State of Geneva is secretely working on taxing the oxygen used by foreign resident through a hidden 0,1% "social welfare withholding on salaries"... I am told that Obama is highly interested and closely monitoring this development...

lol

Oh by the way I got it from well informed sources that the State of Geneva is secretely working on taxing the oxygen used by foreign resident through a hidden 0,1% "social welfare withholding on salaries"... I am told that Obama is highly interested and closely monitoring this development...

lol

Gentlman4evr, May 23, 2009 @ 11:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
so now everyone go travel! and start stimulating the global economy!! (YES WE CAN!!!) :D
so now everyone go travel! and start stimulating the global economy!! (YES WE CAN!!!) :D
YouMeCo, May 23, 2009 @ 19:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
Here's the geologist speaking...

Tsunami, in opposition to tidal waves (related to tides), are triggered by massflows/landslides, submarine volcanic explosions, earthquakes or impact of an astrobleme in the water. All of these events CAN NOT be predicted on long term (hardly and with a lot of luck on very short term).

Just keep an eye open on the sea. If you see it withdraw with unusual rapidity to an unusual extent, run. If animals behave strangely, it can be the fore-signs of an earthquake, as for examples snakes and elephants can hear infrasounds, and those are pre-quake signs.

For the rest, enjoy you holidays!

All the best,

Syd.
Here's the geologist speaking...

Tsunami, in opposition to tidal waves (related to tides), are triggered by massflows/landslides, submarine volcanic explosions, earthquakes or impact of an astrobleme in the water. All of these events CAN NOT be predicted on long term (hardly and with a lot of luck on very short term).

Just keep an eye open on the sea. If you see it withdraw with unusual rapidity to an unusual extent, run. If animals behave strangely, it can be the fore-signs of an earthquake, as for examples snakes and elephants can hear infrasounds, and those are pre-quake signs.

For the rest, enjoy you holidays!

All the best,

Syd.
Syd_Brown, May 23, 2009 @ 22:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
[quote]i thought the more destructive tsunami's are caused by catostrophic events such as an earthquake beneath the ocean's floor.

i've never heard of an eclipse causing tsunami's in the past. ;)[/quote]

I didnt say that the eclipse is causing the tsunami and i did not get this information from an email, i got it from a friend who is living in Thailand. So i thought that maybe i should take this warning seriously enough to talk about it.

And ofcourse i hope that it will not happen but since im a bit paranoid about world climate and catastrophes then maybe i am easily scared :)
[quote]i thought the more destructive tsunami's are caused by catostrophic events such as an earthquake beneath the ocean's floor.

i've never heard of an eclipse causing tsunami's in the past. ;)[/quote]

I didnt say that the eclipse is causing the tsunami and i did not get this information from an email, i got it from a friend who is living in Thailand. So i thought that maybe i should take this warning seriously enough to talk about it.

And ofcourse i hope that it will not happen but since im a bit paranoid about world climate and catastrophes then maybe i am easily scared :)
MaritM, May 25, 2009 @ 01:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1427 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form