Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Visa question: Staying in France, visiting/studying in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Visa question: Staying in France, visiting/studying in Geneva

Hi there! I'm a US passport holder, and wondering whether it will be possible to stay in a hotel across the border in France for a few weeks while visiting and studying in Geneva on a daily basis. As an American I know I can get into either country without a visa, but is crossing the border from Ferney-Voltaire to Geneva ever going to be a problem? Would I be breaking any rules?

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hi there! I'm a US passport holder, and wondering whether it will be possible to stay in a hotel across the border in France for a few weeks while visiting and studying in Geneva on a daily basis. As an American I know I can get into either country without a visa, but is crossing the border from Ferney-Voltaire to Geneva ever going to be a problem? Would I be breaking any rules?

Thanks!

Chris RApr 11, 2016 @ 15:48
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1598 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Visa question: Staying in France, visiting/studying in Geneva
Post 1

No, it should not be a problem at all. Obviously you need to stay within the time limitation given for US citizens to stay in the Schengen zone without a visa.

No, it should not be a problem at all. Obviously you need to stay within the time limitation given for US citizens to stay in the Schengen zone without a visa.

Reka Y, Apr 11, 2016 @ 20:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi there,

usually there is no problem at all, but I recomend you to check anyway, because the americans have a 'special' status. Just to be on the safe side. It is true that your visa has time limitation.

Hi there,

usually there is no problem at all, but I recomend you to check anyway, because the americans have a 'special' status. Just to be on the safe side. It is true that your visa has time limitation.

Plamen I, Apr 11, 2016 @ 21:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

If you are studying in Geneva then you will get a student permit and this might have its limitations.

If you are studying in Geneva then you will get a student permit and this might have its limitations.

Marcy S, May 5, 2016 @ 09:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1598 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form