Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Where to stay in Miami

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where to stay in Miami

I will be in Miami for 4 days in February. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which neighbourhood to stay in in order to see as much of Miami as possible using public transport or just walking? 

Thanks

The text you are quoting:

I will be in Miami for 4 days in February. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which neighbourhood to stay in in order to see as much of Miami as possible using public transport or just walking? 

Thanks

Molula_MJan 22, 2014 @ 22:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1475 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where to stay in Miami
Post 1

The Art Deco District in Miami Beach (Ocean Drive) is a must and doable on foot.

The Art Deco District in Miami Beach (Ocean Drive) is a must and doable on foot.

Izzie, Jan 23, 2014 @ 13:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

If you live along the way where THE tram goes, it would be easy and cheap to visit Miami. Since last year, THE tram has become free for ALL!!

Of course, as mentioned by Lzzie, the beach / Ocean Drive is a must.

A side note: you can find different nuts there, which are good for your healthWink 

By the way, some cuban restaurants there are also nice, worth trying ...

Enjoy!

Cheers

If you live along the way where THE tram goes, it would be easy and cheap to visit Miami. Since last year, THE tram has become free for ALL!!

Of course, as mentioned by Lzzie, the beach / Ocean Drive is a must.

A side note: you can find different nuts there, which are good for your healthWink 

By the way, some cuban restaurants there are also nice, worth trying ...

Enjoy!

Cheers

Jimmy123, Jan 23, 2014 @ 17:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

you have 3 main public transport options in miami: bus, metromover (tram), and MetroRail ("metro"). given that, these are your options: 

1. staying on miami beach, and taking the bus into town when you want to go somewhere else. this is the best option if you would like to get a lot of beach time in and see a lot of the cultural stuff in south beach (art deco district, ocean drive, etc). the area is very walkable, and there is a lot to see/do. the bus runs to the mainland/into downtown very frequently from miami beach.  

2. staying downtown. it is usually cheaper to stay downtown than miami beach. it is not super walkable and there is not very much to do as it is primarily a business area. however, it has very high proximity to the tram, metro rail, and the bus system. so it would be a good central point if you wanted to explore a lot of other places. 

3. stay on the outskirts, some place like coral gables, that is on the Metrorail line.  some of these places are really pretty (like coral cables) and relatively quieter, but you can't really walk anywhere on foot. You could take the metrorail and buses into other parts of town, though.  

Miami is pretty awesome, there is loads to do, but you will need to be a little careful as well if you are walking a lot - there are some neighborhoods that aren't very safe for walking (e.g., Overtown). 

Have fun!

you have 3 main public transport options in miami: bus, metromover (tram), and MetroRail ("metro"). given that, these are your options: 

1. staying on miami beach, and taking the bus into town when you want to go somewhere else. this is the best option if you would like to get a lot of beach time in and see a lot of the cultural stuff in south beach (art deco district, ocean drive, etc). the area is very walkable, and there is a lot to see/do. the bus runs to the mainland/into downtown very frequently from miami beach.  

2. staying downtown. it is usually cheaper to stay downtown than miami beach. it is not super walkable and there is not very much to do as it is primarily a business area. however, it has very high proximity to the tram, metro rail, and the bus system. so it would be a good central point if you wanted to explore a lot of other places. 

3. stay on the outskirts, some place like coral gables, that is on the Metrorail line.  some of these places are really pretty (like coral cables) and relatively quieter, but you can't really walk anywhere on foot. You could take the metrorail and buses into other parts of town, though.  

Miami is pretty awesome, there is loads to do, but you will need to be a little careful as well if you are walking a lot - there are some neighborhoods that aren't very safe for walking (e.g., Overtown). 

Have fun!

michelle r, Jan 24, 2014 @ 00:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you all. I have booked Hotel Victor along the Ocean Drive.

Cheers.

Molula

Thank you all. I have booked Hotel Victor along the Ocean Drive.

Cheers.

Molula

Molula_M, Jan 24, 2014 @ 17:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Moula,

How was your stay in Miami? I will go there again soon. It would be nice to have an update on Miami to see if new things come out :) - it is an amazing place ....

Thanks in advance and cheers !

Hi Moula,

How was your stay in Miami? I will go there again soon. It would be nice to have an update on Miami to see if new things come out :) - it is an amazing place ....

Jimmy123, Feb 17, 2014 @ 19:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Moula,

Feb 17, 14 19:47

Hi Jimmy,

I am only going on Wednesday. I will give feed-back when I return after ten days.

M

Hi Jimmy,

I am only going on Wednesday. I will give feed-back when I return after ten days.

M

Molula_M, Feb 17, 2014 @ 21:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Thanks Molula,

Enjoy your stay there and look forward to hearing from you angain!

Thanks Molula,

Enjoy your stay there and look forward to hearing from you angain!

Jimmy123, Feb 18, 2014 @ 10:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi there!

Anyone just came back from Miami?

What's up over there? 

I will go back to Miami in a couple of weeks, hope to visit new interesting places that I might not know yet!

cheers,

Hi there!

Anyone just came back from Miami?

What's up over there? 

I will go back to Miami in a couple of weeks, hope to visit new interesting places that I might not know yet!

cheers,

Jimmy123, May 7, 2014 @ 20:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hehey. 

Miami is super cool.

If u have a time  then go to the Key West side and stop by Alligator farm.

Miami beach,boat tour,shopping streat, villa vizcaya, bayside, seaquarium, zoo miami,hooters bar,little havana, hard rock cafe etx etc!:-)

Enjoy!!!

P.s get a miami pass!

Hehey. 

Miami is super cool.

If u have a time  then go to the Key West side and stop by Alligator farm.

Miami beach,boat tour,shopping streat, villa vizcaya, bayside, seaquarium, zoo miami,hooters bar,little havana, hard rock cafe etx etc!:-)

Enjoy!!!

P.s get a miami pass!

Dace B, May 8, 2014 @ 09:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Thanks Dace for providing with useful info. 

I have always been to the "classic places", this timw will try something I didn't know...

Thanks again for suggestions!

Cheers

Thanks Dace for providing with useful info. 

I have always been to the "classic places", this timw will try something I didn't know...

Thanks again for suggestions!

Cheers

Jimmy123, May 8, 2014 @ 10:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1475 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form