Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Your best tips/addresses in Milano ?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Your best tips/addresses in Milano ?

I'm headed to Milano on July 30-31, let me know of any wine bar, restaurant or any nice place in general that I shall not miss !

The text you are quoting:

I'm headed to Milano on July 30-31, let me know of any wine bar, restaurant or any nice place in general that I shall not miss !

aurelien01Jul 27, 2014 @ 19:08
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1569 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Your best tips/addresses in Milano ?
Post 1

Awesome but inexpensive eats. Open all day long. 4 locations around the Centro. No Pasta. I like the one on Via Tandino. Close to the non-couture shopping area where you can still get good deals on shoes and clothes. 

www.pandenus.it

Excellent slow food restaurant in Loretto. Some of the best Sicilian dishes north of Naples. Good prices too. Everything is good. Masters of the eggplant. 

www.anticafocacceria.it

Awesome but tiny seafood restaurant. Badass Tuna Tartare. Good prices. Eat in or take out. It's also a legit fish market on top of being a kickass restaurant. 10 minute walk from the Duomo. 

www.ipesciolini.milano.it

If you want legit super authentic Milanese food and you don't mind paying then Ribot is the joint. Spectacular veal chop. Make reservations.

ribotmilano.it

There are lots of great places to get a cocktail all over the city. But if you're looking to whoop it up and get stupid then the Corso Sempioni is the place. There are nightclubs, bars and restaurants-a-plenty in this area. Martini's @ the Huggy Bear ,gelato and Champagne the Cream Lounge, free candy and really good Long Island Ice Teas at Bar Quince, or Tex-Mex food and a great bottle of Chianti at a place called Wild Wild West are just a few ideas that have worked for me in the past. 

Again Milan is full of awesome places. But the above listed are pretty much a sure thing. Hope this is helpful. 

Awesome but inexpensive eats. Open all day long. 4 locations around the Centro. No Pasta. I like the one on Via Tandino. Close to the non-couture shopping area where you can still get good deals on shoes and clothes. 

www.pandenus.it

Excellent slow food restaurant in Loretto. Some of the best Sicilian dishes north of Naples. Good prices too. Everything is good. Masters of the eggplant. 

www.anticafocacceria.it

Awesome but tiny seafood restaurant. Badass Tuna Tartare. Good prices. Eat in or take out. It's also a legit fish market on top of being a kickass restaurant. 10 minute walk from the Duomo. 

www.ipesciolini.milano.it

If you want legit super authentic Milanese food and you don't mind paying then Ribot is the joint. Spectacular veal chop. Make reservations.

ribotmilano.it

There are lots of great places to get a cocktail all over the city. But if you're looking to whoop it up and get stupid then the Corso Sempioni is the place. There are nightclubs, bars and restaurants-a-plenty in this area. Martini's @ the Huggy Bear ,gelato and Champagne the Cream Lounge, free candy and really good Long Island Ice Teas at Bar Quince, or Tex-Mex food and a great bottle of Chianti at a place called Wild Wild West are just a few ideas that have worked for me in the past. 

Again Milan is full of awesome places. But the above listed are pretty much a sure thing. Hope this is helpful. 

roman s, Jul 27, 2014 @ 21:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Oh one more.

Arnold Coffee. 3 Locations in the Centro. It is a lot like a Starbucks. Good coffee, nice sweets, sandwiches and free FAST WiFi. Not at all expensive and cold Air-Con. This is nice because Milan gets hot. Nice place to cool off, get online and take a break to regroup. 

www.arnoldcoffee.it

Oh one more.

Arnold Coffee. 3 Locations in the Centro. It is a lot like a Starbucks. Good coffee, nice sweets, sandwiches and free FAST WiFi. Not at all expensive and cold Air-Con. This is nice because Milan gets hot. Nice place to cool off, get online and take a break to regroup. 

www.arnoldcoffee.it

roman s, Jul 27, 2014 @ 23:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You can tour San Siro...that is if you are a football person. Some nice shopping streets like  Via Buenos Aires,  Via Monte Napoleon( Ghosh you need to have broken some bank), some nice Pirelli branded stuff generally it is a nice place. Visit the outskirts like Abbiate Graso.....

You can tour San Siro...that is if you are a football person. Some nice shopping streets like  Via Buenos Aires,  Via Monte Napoleon( Ghosh you need to have broken some bank), some nice Pirelli branded stuff generally it is a nice place. Visit the outskirts like Abbiate Graso.....

Gichana, Jul 28, 2014 @ 15:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Roman, thank you for the amazing tips! 

Couldn't have hoped for so much insights. 

I'll be sure to try some of them!

Roman, thank you for the amazing tips! 

Couldn't have hoped for so much insights. 

I'll be sure to try some of them!

aurelien01, Jul 28, 2014 @ 16:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Thanks HD! Aperitivo sounds great, I'll try and check that. 

Thanks HD! Aperitivo sounds great, I'll try and check that. 

aurelien01, Jul 28, 2014 @ 16:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

a cool and friendly place is ostello bello. It is an hostel as you can guess (just in case you don't know where to sleep), but the bar is full of local people and the aperitivo is cheap (4/6 euros)... it is not a place where you go if you want to eat a lot, but there are many international guests (and friendly locals) so you can definitely find somebody to chat with (I went saturday and I did meet new people!), and if you don't like,  it is just very central and you can find another place!!

http://www.tripadvisor.it/Hotel_Review-g187849-d2339007-Reviews-Ostello_Bello-Milan_Lombardy.html

you could also try this, but perhaps it is not very easy to find

http://www.santeriamilano.it/before/

a cool and friendly place is ostello bello. It is an hostel as you can guess (just in case you don't know where to sleep), but the bar is full of local people and the aperitivo is cheap (4/6 euros)... it is not a place where you go if you want to eat a lot, but there are many international guests (and friendly locals) so you can definitely find somebody to chat with (I went saturday and I did meet new people!), and if you don't like,  it is just very central and you can find another place!!

http://www.tripadvisor.it/Hotel_Review-g187849-d2339007-Reviews-Ostello_Bello-Milan_Lombardy.html

you could also try this, but perhaps it is not very easy to find

http://www.santeriamilano.it/before/

elena f, Jul 28, 2014 @ 23:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1569 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form