Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > rideshare Geneva --> Vienna around Christmas

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
rideshare Geneva --> Vienna around Christmas
Hello all! My wife and I are desperate for rideshare between Geneva and Vienna, Austria around Christmas. We're free from the 20th or so, and don't need to be back until the 4th of January, but our dates are VERY flexible.

Please let me know if you or anyone you know is traveling between Geneva and Vienna - we'd be interested in roundtrip, one-way, or anything remotely near either city.

Please help!

Chris in Geneva

christollesbulk (at) gmail (dot) com

+41 76 205 57 33
The text you are quoting:
Hello all! My wife and I are desperate for rideshare between Geneva and Vienna, Austria around Christmas. We're free from the 20th or so, and don't need to be back until the 4th of January, but our dates are VERY flexible.

Please let me know if you or anyone you know is traveling between Geneva and Vienna - we'd be interested in roundtrip, one-way, or anything remotely near either city.

Please help!

Chris in Geneva

christollesbulk (at) gmail (dot) com

+41 76 205 57 33
christollesDec 9, 2008 @ 12:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 884 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: rideshare Geneva --> Vienna around Christmas
Post 1
http://www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de/

this site offers a lot of rideshare opportunities. it is German, but it is not difficult to figure out, I would suppose what means what. Just make sure that you switch to Ausland (Abroad) option from Deutschland and then pick Staedte (Cities) insert the city name Genf (Geneva) and your destination. There  is no fee for information

Good luck.

There is another one mitfahrtzentrale.de, but you have to pay for contact details of the drivers.

http://www.mitfahrgelegenheit.de/

this site offers a lot of rideshare opportunities. it is German, but it is not difficult to figure out, I would suppose what means what. Just make sure that you switch to Ausland (Abroad) option from Deutschland and then pick Staedte (Cities) insert the city name Genf (Geneva) and your destination. There  is no fee for information

Good luck.

There is another one mitfahrtzentrale.de, but you have to pay for contact details of the drivers.

dajleeng, Dec 9, 2008 @ 14:27

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
thanks, i had found that already to no avail :(
thanks, i had found that already to no avail :(
christolles, Dec 9, 2008 @ 15:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hi, again,

on this website, the posts tend to be more last minute, so you might wanna check again closer to the date. Also it is better if you put your own post with the details of rideshare that you require and people would contact you  directly.

At the risk of stating the obvious, may I ask if you have considered travelling by bus,  the prices are much cheaper than regular train ticket prices.  considered travelling by bus to your destination. http://www.eurolines-pass.com/index.php?id=139, looks like there is no direct bus, but you could for example go first to Munich and see it on your way and take either a train to Vienna from there or cheap carshare which is always available to Vienna.  Maybe there is a better way of organising it, than going via Munich. The bus company is just near Cornavin.

Sorry if this info is not helpful, I really do hope that you are lucky with your search.

Hi, again,

on this website, the posts tend to be more last minute, so you might wanna check again closer to the date. Also it is better if you put your own post with the details of rideshare that you require and people would contact you  directly.

At the risk of stating the obvious, may I ask if you have considered travelling by bus,  the prices are much cheaper than regular train ticket prices.  considered travelling by bus to your destination. http://www.eurolines-pass.com/index.php?id=139, looks like there is no direct bus, but you could for example go first to Munich and see it on your way and take either a train to Vienna from there or cheap carshare which is always available to Vienna.  Maybe there is a better way of organising it, than going via Munich. The bus company is just near Cornavin.

Sorry if this info is not helpful, I really do hope that you are lucky with your search.

dajleeng, Dec 9, 2008 @ 23:44

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 884 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form