Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > trip to amsterdam

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
trip to amsterdam

hello evryone

i have never travelled to amsterdam and i have heard mixed reviews of amsterdam bnot being safe can anybody assure me that it is?

The text you are quoting:

hello evryone

i have never travelled to amsterdam and i have heard mixed reviews of amsterdam bnot being safe can anybody assure me that it is?

sukayna carterJun 9, 2014 @ 15:28
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1625 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: trip to amsterdam
Post 1

Generally speaking it is safe and I am travelling to Amsterdam on Wednesday 

Generally speaking it is safe and I am travelling to Amsterdam on Wednesday 

Salman Gasim, Jun 9, 2014 @ 15:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

hello ,

thank you very much because i am a lady and was worried going alone ....thanks

hello ,

thank you very much because i am a lady and was worried going alone ....thanks

sukayna carter, Jun 9, 2014 @ 17:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

No problem.  You'll be safe.  there are lots of free or nearly free guided twalking tours. Join one.

Just don't believe it if you think the tulips that you buy will be the same colour as shown on the paquet.  The green, purple, blue and black tulip bulbs will turn out red or yellow.

No problem.  You'll be safe.  there are lots of free or nearly free guided twalking tours. Join one.

Just don't believe it if you think the tulips that you buy will be the same colour as shown on the paquet.  The green, purple, blue and black tulip bulbs will turn out red or yellow.

Marcus T, Jun 10, 2014 @ 01:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Trips to Amsterdam are certainly not something where dangers should be thought of lightly. Thge following helpful like I found when googling "Amsterdam Dangerous".

490 Tips! on avoiding hazardous events in Amsterdam

Tips include:

Drug dealers, Prostitution, Cyclists(!), Steep Stairs and urinating in public.

Trips to Amsterdam are certainly not something where dangers should be thought of lightly. Thge following helpful like I found when googling "Amsterdam Dangerous".

490 Tips! on avoiding hazardous events in Amsterdam

Tips include:

Drug dealers, Prostitution, Cyclists(!), Steep Stairs and urinating in public.

ThomasNL, Jun 10, 2014 @ 09:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Not for forget the local inhabitants, called Amsterdammers - they are the worst I can guarantee you. It's as safe as any other big city. Just use normal common sense in budy areas and avoid walking around totally piss faced. 

Not for forget the local inhabitants, called Amsterdammers - they are the worst I can guarantee you. It's as safe as any other big city. Just use normal common sense in budy areas and avoid walking around totally piss faced. 

martin, Jun 10, 2014 @ 10:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I went there for a conference 2001, and didnt experience any problems, the only problem I had was seeing a Kentucky Fried Chicken Restaurant though I had already stopped eating meat, I started to order some chicken pieces and eating them. And as a woman travelling alone, Amsterdam was ok for me.

I went there for a conference 2001, and didnt experience any problems, the only problem I had was seeing a Kentucky Fried Chicken Restaurant though I had already stopped eating meat, I started to order some chicken pieces and eating them. And as a woman travelling alone, Amsterdam was ok for me.

Dorothy W, Jun 10, 2014 @ 17:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Even if it's safe, it would still be nice to go with someone. I'm interested in going, let me know. I would pay my own costs (on a budget though), if you have an extra seat in your car, I'll contribute to the gas cost.

Even if it's safe, it would still be nice to go with someone. I'm interested in going, let me know. I would pay my own costs (on a budget though), if you have an extra seat in your car, I'll contribute to the gas cost.

Sylvia C, Jun 15, 2014 @ 14:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Amsterdam is nice and safe, but Holland has more to offer, if you want take the train to Haarlem only 15 minutes, a smaller city, but with the same design and way more friendlier and easier going than Amsterdam.

But enjoy the museums, if you want to go to the Anne frank House, Go early morning when it just opens, enjoy the Canal streets, and have a look in the red light district during day time ;-)

if you want to go out and enjoy there a plenty of nightclubs.

Amsterdam is nice and safe, but Holland has more to offer, if you want take the train to Haarlem only 15 minutes, a smaller city, but with the same design and way more friendlier and easier going than Amsterdam.

But enjoy the museums, if you want to go to the Anne frank House, Go early morning when it just opens, enjoy the Canal streets, and have a look in the red light district during day time ;-)

if you want to go out and enjoy there a plenty of nightclubs.

Joey v, Jun 15, 2014 @ 16:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

i am in!

i am in!

hay_, Jun 15, 2014 @ 21:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Been to Amstardam many times. There are better and worse areas, so keep your eyes open and stay out of unsafe places asap. Main railway station seems to be a hotspot. Other touristy places are risky for pickpockets and scammers, so I usually take not much cash at different places on my body/clothing/bags.

Been to Amstardam many times. There are better and worse areas, so keep your eyes open and stay out of unsafe places asap. Main railway station seems to be a hotspot. Other touristy places are risky for pickpockets and scammers, so I usually take not much cash at different places on my body/clothing/bags.

Alan S, Jun 16, 2014 @ 08:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1625 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form