Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > Help Needed with Swiss-German Translation

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Help Needed with Swiss-German Translation

Hi All,

I need help to translate a Swiss-German (Zurich Dialect). Is there anyone that can help me with this? It would me much appreciated:

Sindd ihr usgwanderet oder hender bereits emal en alauf gnoh miteme Feriehus??A/Ferieapartmentte Wünsche eu uf jede Fall s Allerbeschte für das neue Jahrr!!!avo Herze s

Thanks in advance 

Delano

The text you are quoting:

Hi All,

I need help to translate a Swiss-German (Zurich Dialect). Is there anyone that can help me with this? It would me much appreciated:

Sindd ihr usgwanderet oder hender bereits emal en alauf gnoh miteme Feriehus??A/Ferieapartmentte Wünsche eu uf jede Fall s Allerbeschte für das neue Jahrr!!!avo Herze s

Thanks in advance 

Delano

delano fJan 6, 2015 @ 23:56
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1726 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Help Needed with Swiss-German Translation
Post 1

"Have you emigrated or have you already got a vacation home? I wish you the best for the new year from the bottom of my heart."

More or less

"Have you emigrated or have you already got a vacation home? I wish you the best for the new year from the bottom of my heart."

More or less

Alan S, Jan 7, 2015 @ 08:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Alan,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. I am learning German, but at the moment, Swiss-German is a challenge. Can you recommend a good Swiss-German to English or to High German translator?

Regards

Delano

Hi Alan,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. I am learning German, but at the moment, Swiss-German is a challenge. Can you recommend a good Swiss-German to English or to High German translator?

Regards

Delano

delano f, Jan 7, 2015 @ 10:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I'd be very surprised if you find an online swiss-german to any other language translator, if that's what you mean. Swiss german is not standardized, and there are proabably as many ways to prounounce/spell something as there are swiss people.

Good luck!

I'd be very surprised if you find an online swiss-german to any other language translator, if that's what you mean. Swiss german is not standardized, and there are proabably as many ways to prounounce/spell something as there are swiss people.

Good luck!

B B, Feb 10, 2015 @ 10:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1726 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form