Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > Need help finding my way around Zurich!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Need help finding my way around Zurich!

Hey everyone, At the end of February I will be coming to Zurich for 6 months and need advice on where I could stay for the 6 months ie: BnB, Hotel ect. Any advice will be welcomed. I am looking forward to being there and hope to meet up with some of you soon. Thank you.

The text you are quoting:

Hey everyone, At the end of February I will be coming to Zurich for 6 months and need advice on where I could stay for the 6 months ie: BnB, Hotel ect. Any advice will be welcomed. I am looking forward to being there and hope to meet up with some of you soon. Thank you.

Scarlett WilliamsJan 12, 2012 @ 10:58
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1270 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Need help finding my way around Zurich!
Post 1

Hi Scarlett

this is my contribution based on my experience:

the main website used in Switzerland for housing is www.homegate.ch, but usually aparments are only rented for long term (to people with a B or C permit) and without furniture, then even if you would be able to get one it would be anti-economic to furnish it only for 6 months.

The hotel is in my opinion not an option (unless your company is paying for it and doesn't care about the cost), as a single night in an hotel could easily cost 200 CHF, anyway you can check on www.booking.com

Bed and breakfast could be an option (www.bnb.ch) but I don't know anything about it.

There are renting companies that rent furnished temporary apartments for something starting from 2500/3000 CHF per month:

www.apartments-swiss-star.ch

www.visionapartments.eu

www.accademia.li

www.cityappartements.ch

Another possibility: if you are lucky you can find somebody that is going on holidays for some months and is subletting his/her apartment

But the main option in cases like yours is to share an apartment (to rent a room) with somebody else.

I'd say that for the last two options the glocals "Classified" andf other expats' webites forums will be a good starting point for your reserch.

Good luck !

Fabrizio

Hi Scarlett

this is my contribution based on my experience:

the main website used in Switzerland for housing is www.homegate.ch, but usually aparments are only rented for long term (to people with a B or C permit) and without furniture, then even if you would be able to get one it would be anti-economic to furnish it only for 6 months.

The hotel is in my opinion not an option (unless your company is paying for it and doesn't care about the cost), as a single night in an hotel could easily cost 200 CHF, anyway you can check on www.booking.com

Bed and breakfast could be an option (www.bnb.ch) but I don't know anything about it.

There are renting companies that rent furnished temporary apartments for something starting from 2500/3000 CHF per month:

www.apartments-swiss-star.ch

www.visionapartments.eu

www.accademia.li

www.cityappartements.ch

Another possibility: if you are lucky you can find somebody that is going on holidays for some months and is subletting his/her apartment

But the main option in cases like yours is to share an apartment (to rent a room) with somebody else.

I'd say that for the last two options the glocals "Classified" andf other expats' webites forums will be a good starting point for your reserch.

Good luck !

Fabrizio

Fabrizio C, Jan 12, 2012 @ 11:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

When I first moved to Zurich I stayed here in  a furnished studio apartment & it cost 1800CHF per month. had to also stump up 1 months deposit, which was repaid without any issues when I left

It was clean, central & safe

However I gotta say after 3 months I was going a bit crazy, cos it was small

http://glandon-apartments.ch/en/zurich.html

Have fun in Zurich, its great here in the summer

Shaun

When I first moved to Zurich I stayed here in  a furnished studio apartment & it cost 1800CHF per month. had to also stump up 1 months deposit, which was repaid without any issues when I left

It was clean, central & safe

However I gotta say after 3 months I was going a bit crazy, cos it was small

http://glandon-apartments.ch/en/zurich.html

Have fun in Zurich, its great here in the summer

Shaun

Shaun M, Jan 16, 2012 @ 11:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you for all your help! I will look into all of your views.

Thank you for all your help! I will look into all of your views.

Scarlett Williams, Jan 17, 2012 @ 17:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Scarlett,

Welcome to Swiss....let me know your budget...will assist u accordingly. I'm into Swiss Tourism will help you out on BnB's / Hotels etc..Cheers n all the best!! Poppy

Hi Scarlett,

Welcome to Swiss....let me know your budget...will assist u accordingly. I'm into Swiss Tourism will help you out on BnB's / Hotels etc..Cheers n all the best!! Poppy

Poppy Pandher, Jan 17, 2012 @ 18:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1270 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form