Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > Playing Squash in Zurich

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Playing Squash in Zurich

Dear all,

I'm looking for a squash sparing partner. Goal is to play once a week or every two weeks at Luxor Gym Club (near Paradeplatz). I've been playing squash for one year and i'm looking for a partner of the same level. Looking forward to reading your answer.

The text you are quoting:

Dear all,

I'm looking for a squash sparing partner. Goal is to play once a week or every two weeks at Luxor Gym Club (near Paradeplatz). I've been playing squash for one year and i'm looking for a partner of the same level. Looking forward to reading your answer.

Pierre MJul 2, 2012 @ 23:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 3332 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Playing Squash in Zurich
Post 1

Hi Pierre!

I am a beginner but I like sqash pretty much and I was wondering if you know if they give also classes there... in other words: or how did you start?

I had the feeling tha most of the squash courts where outside zurich and reachable by car only... so i was almost giving up...

thanks a lot!

Hi Pierre!

I am a beginner but I like sqash pretty much and I was wondering if you know if they give also classes there... in other words: or how did you start?

I had the feeling tha most of the squash courts where outside zurich and reachable by car only... so i was almost giving up...

thanks a lot!

laura c, Jul 3, 2012 @ 08:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Laura,

I think that you can book a squash teacher there but I don't know the price... Otherwise, I started without lesson, just playing with friends.

Luxor sport club is very central: 2 min by foot from paradaplatz, but the prices are quite high: 30 CHF pro player if you're not a member. It's free for members (100 CHF pro month, with all the usual other gym facilities, including sauna and steam bath).

Tell me if you wanna have a try

Hi Laura,

I think that you can book a squash teacher there but I don't know the price... Otherwise, I started without lesson, just playing with friends.

Luxor sport club is very central: 2 min by foot from paradaplatz, but the prices are quite high: 30 CHF pro player if you're not a member. It's free for members (100 CHF pro month, with all the usual other gym facilities, including sauna and steam bath).

Tell me if you wanna have a try

Pierre M, Jul 3, 2012 @ 08:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I play squash too when you want we can organize something, i play at airgate oerlikon and guggah UBS 

I play squash too when you want we can organize something, i play at airgate oerlikon and guggah UBS 

Adrian V, Jul 3, 2012 @ 09:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Adrian,

Would you be ready to play at Luxor Sport Club (as I am a member...)

Best

Pierre

Hi Adrian,

Would you be ready to play at Luxor Sport Club (as I am a member...)

Best

Pierre

Pierre M, Jul 3, 2012 @ 11:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi,

I'd like to play as well, however 30CHF per day is a little expensive. Are there any cheaper alternatives?

Pranav

Hi,

I'd like to play as well, however 30CHF per day is a little expensive. Are there any cheaper alternatives?

Pranav

Pranav K, Jul 11, 2012 @ 21:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi everyone,

I am everything but a pro, but I´d like to play as well. Yes, 30 CHF is quite expensive, nevertheless I would give it a try.

Best,

Patrick

Hi everyone,

I am everything but a pro, but I´d like to play as well. Yes, 30 CHF is quite expensive, nevertheless I would give it a try.

Best,

Patrick

Patrick L, Jul 11, 2012 @ 22:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

guggah is 26 franks i know its a small difference but at least :)

i will play aswell come let organise a match maybe we rent two courts and get 4 players

guggah is 26 franks i know its a small difference but at least :)

i will play aswell come let organise a match maybe we rent two courts and get 4 players

Adrian V, Jul 11, 2012 @ 22:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

So then let´s find a date. During the week I would have (more or less) time every day after 8:00 pm. Is there as well a possibility to rent a racket?

Cheers

Patrick

So then let´s find a date. During the week I would have (more or less) time every day after 8:00 pm. Is there as well a possibility to rent a racket?

Cheers

Patrick

Patrick L, Jul 11, 2012 @ 22:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Ok then. I'm still "determined" to play in Luxor, so I will pay half the fees (15 CHF per person). Racket can be rent there. I'm available everyday of the week, in the evening or over lunch. For concrete proposition, pleqase contact me on [email protected]

Best

Pierre

Ok then. I'm still "determined" to play in Luxor, so I will pay half the fees (15 CHF per person). Racket can be rent there. I'm available everyday of the week, in the evening or over lunch. For concrete proposition, pleqase contact me on [email protected]

Best

Pierre

Pierre M, Jul 18, 2012 @ 10:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Jul 3, 12 09:49

Hi there,

I just moved to Oerlikon and looking for some squash. Haven't checked Airgate yet, how is it?

Ready for some squash, and I brought my racket.

Hi there,

I just moved to Oerlikon and looking for some squash. Haven't checked Airgate yet, how is it?

Ready for some squash, and I brought my racket.

Bern Muller, Aug 31, 2014 @ 21:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 3332 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form