Login or Sign Up

Forums in Zurich > Zurich > Weekend in Zurich with Friends

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Weekend in Zurich with Friends

HI everyone, we are a small group of friends visiting Zurich next weekend. We don't know Zurich very well. Does anyone have any recommendations on bars, clubs and restaurants? Thanks,

Party.

The text you are quoting:

HI everyone, we are a small group of friends visiting Zurich next weekend. We don't know Zurich very well. Does anyone have any recommendations on bars, clubs and restaurants? Thanks,

Party.

Party MApr 26, 2014 @ 16:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1429 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Weekend in Zurich with Friends
Post 1

well.. a little bit more info on your group, how many are you age group gender  etc..

well.. a little bit more info on your group, how many are you age group gender  etc..

Anna F, Apr 26, 2014 @ 18:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hey Anna, thanks for taking your time. We are three guys and a girl between 30 - 36. All from Geneva. We are there from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. We love going out in the evenings, bar, clubs. Mostly chilled out and avoid stuck up / snobby places. More fun loving, down to earth, funny and at time silly. And we love meeting new people when we travel. Open to any suggestions you got. Welcome to join or show us around. Smile

Hey Anna, thanks for taking your time. We are three guys and a girl between 30 - 36. All from Geneva. We are there from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. We love going out in the evenings, bar, clubs. Mostly chilled out and avoid stuck up / snobby places. More fun loving, down to earth, funny and at time silly. And we love meeting new people when we travel. Open to any suggestions you got. Welcome to join or show us around. Smile

Party M, Apr 26, 2014 @ 19:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Ah oki, weel in zurich it is pretty much stuck up areas ;) but for more chill laid back night out i would say langstrasse area, and then for a bar round try Talacker Bar, Valmann and on friday Amber club near HB station is really good.

food wise alot of nice places on the street josef strasse.. Maison Blunt is one I really enjoy (maroccan style but yum meze food)

Best Italian is Don Leone at stauffacher area,

Seafood I like this one place in old town called Mère Catherine, yummy moules frites

Brunch, i would say Bohemia, tramstop called Kreuzplatz or les halles (not sure of adress to that one )

it all depends on weather too, i will pm you my phone and you can cntact me when here and I can let you know what is on during friday and saturday.

Ah oki, weel in zurich it is pretty much stuck up areas ;) but for more chill laid back night out i would say langstrasse area, and then for a bar round try Talacker Bar, Valmann and on friday Amber club near HB station is really good.

food wise alot of nice places on the street josef strasse.. Maison Blunt is one I really enjoy (maroccan style but yum meze food)

Best Italian is Don Leone at stauffacher area,

Seafood I like this one place in old town called Mère Catherine, yummy moules frites

Brunch, i would say Bohemia, tramstop called Kreuzplatz or les halles (not sure of adress to that one )

it all depends on weather too, i will pm you my phone and you can cntact me when here and I can let you know what is on during friday and saturday.

Anna F, Apr 26, 2014 @ 19:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks Anna. I will message you my number too. Cheers, Smile

Thanks Anna. I will message you my number too. Cheers, Smile

Party M, Apr 26, 2014 @ 19:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I lived in Geneva for a few years and now I am relatively new to Zurich.

If you want to avoid places like Arthur's and Riverside in Geneva then you want to hangout in Kreis 4 and Kreis 5... try to avoid Kreis 1 and its tourist traps.

Anna mentioned Langstrasee which is the Zurich equivalent of Paquis.

Some names that come to mind:

El Lokal (easy going place, beer and snacks in front of the river)

Kafi fur Dich (live music on Fridays)

La Catrina (tiny place in Langstrasse)

Bar Rossi (tiny but good live Music also in Langstrasse)

Ole Ole (For a drink, also in Langstrasse)

Clubs in Hardbrucke (like Hive and Supermarket)

Frau Gerolds Garten (Hardbrucke, great place in Summer)

Schiffbau in Kreis 5 (Awesome example of what Geneva is missing by only having hotel bars)

Flussbad Oberer Letten (a personal favorite of alternative places)

I can probably think of other names but that those above give you a good start, google them and take a look. I can try to help if you have more specific questions.

I lived in Geneva for a few years and now I am relatively new to Zurich.

If you want to avoid places like Arthur's and Riverside in Geneva then you want to hangout in Kreis 4 and Kreis 5... try to avoid Kreis 1 and its tourist traps.

Anna mentioned Langstrasee which is the Zurich equivalent of Paquis.

Some names that come to mind:

El Lokal (easy going place, beer and snacks in front of the river)

Kafi fur Dich (live music on Fridays)

La Catrina (tiny place in Langstrasse)

Bar Rossi (tiny but good live Music also in Langstrasse)

Ole Ole (For a drink, also in Langstrasse)

Clubs in Hardbrucke (like Hive and Supermarket)

Frau Gerolds Garten (Hardbrucke, great place in Summer)

Schiffbau in Kreis 5 (Awesome example of what Geneva is missing by only having hotel bars)

Flussbad Oberer Letten (a personal favorite of alternative places)

I can probably think of other names but that those above give you a good start, google them and take a look. I can try to help if you have more specific questions.

Leo F, Apr 27, 2014 @ 11:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Leo, this is very helpful. We will look up these places before Friday. Thank you both for your time and inputs.Smile

Leo, this is very helpful. We will look up these places before Friday. Thank you both for your time and inputs.Smile

Party M, Apr 27, 2014 @ 14:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1429 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form