- To complete certain tasks & processes on our website or within our apps
- To respond to your questions and comments
- To measure customer satisfaction and provide customer service (including liaising with merchants to troubleshoot in connection with your purchases or your requests for services)
- We use your data in this way either because we have a contract with you (for example, your acceptance of our Terms of Service) or because it is in our legitimate interests to do so (for example, it is in our interests to measure customer satisfaction and 'troubleshoot' customer issues)
- For advertising and marketing purposes, including to measure how effective our marketing is: To contact you with daily or weekly emails to let you know about products and services we offer that we think you might be interested in based on your subscribed location and other preferences on your account
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and our advertising (i.e. so that we can tell what interests our customers and what doesn't)
- We rely on your consent to contact you directly about the products and services on offer on our site (for example, we will send you Daily Deals emails based on your consent). In other scenarios (for example, measuring the effectiveness of our marketing), we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business, always ensuring that your rights are protected
- For administrative and internal business purposes:
To ensure that content on our site is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and for your device and to tailor the site's experience and content based on the way that you use the site
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- For our internal business purposes, such as analysing and managing our businesses, audits, developing new products or services, enhancing our site, improving our services and products and identifying usage trends. For these purposes, your personal data will be aggregated and looked at on a statistical basis;
- It is in our legitimate interests as a business to use your data in this way. For example, we have a clear interest in ensuring that our site works properly and that our products and services are high quality and efficient. We will always ensure that your rights are protected.
- For security and legal and compliance purposes as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- To detect or prevent fraud or other illegal activity as we believe to be necessary or appropriate in each case in order to comply with laws or legal process (including laws or legal process in other countries)
- To protect our rights or property (or the rights or property of others) and to enforce our rights and pursue available remedies;
- In some cases, we will need to use your personal data to fulfill a legal obligation (for example, if we receive a legitimate request from law enforcement agencies), and in other cases (such as the detection of fraud or ensuring the security of the site) we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business to use your data in this way.
How Do We Share Your Data?
We will never sell your personal data or give it to anyone else for them to use for their own purposes without making that clear to you. There are, however, various ways in which we will share your data, as set out below:
- Sharing with service providers of the products and services we offer:
We may host offers on behalf of third party service providers on our website and, as such, we will share some information about you with the merchant when you request it by opting in or filling out a contact form.
- Sharing with organisations providing services to us:
We engage various third parties to provide services to us for specific functions, and this will often mean that we need to share your personal data with them (it is in our legitimate interests to do so, since we may not have the capabilities to provide these services ourselves). In each case, we will ensure that these third parties are only allowed to use your personal data in order to provide the relevant services to us. We will always make sure that we use organisations that we trust to look after your personal data appropriately and as required by applicable laws.
- Some examples of these third parties will include: analytics, website hosting and related infrastructure provision, customer service, auditing, and other similar services.
- Sharing data with online advertising related service providers:
We may from time to time work with online advertisers, social media platforms and advertising networks to deliver, tailor and measure advertising to you and others both on the site and elsewhere on the internet (including on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter). We also use various tools and products which involve the sharing of data with Google to deliver, measure and tailor our online advertising.
- The personal data that we allow to be shared with these third parties includes online identifiers such as IP address, data from cookies or similar technologies, or other device related information.
- Similarly, we may share certain online identifiers with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- You can choose not to allow your data to be used to deliver targeted advertising by changing your settings within social media platforms.
- Sharing data in connection with changes to our company structure or the ownership of our business:
If we sell or propose to sell our business or part of it, we may need to disclose your personal data to prospective buyers.
Similarly, if there are changes to our company structure or if our ownership changes, we may need to disclose your personal data to the new owners or operators of this site or any of our apps as part of that process.
- Sharing data to comply with laws:
There may be scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to disclose or share your personal data, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime.
International Transfer Of Your Data
Some of the processes involved in our use of your personal data may require your data to be stored or processed in countries outside of Europe.
Whenever we send (or permit a third party to send) your personal data outside of Europe, we will make sure that we take steps necessary to protect your data as required by applicable laws. For example, we may implement specific contract terms or we may rely on service providers who adhere to certain compliance programs overseas, or we may select service providers based in countries with strong local laws to protect your personal data.
Security Of Your Personal Data
We take the security of your data very seriously and have put physical, technical and administrative strategies, controls and measures in place to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure as required by law and in accordance with accepted good industry practice.
To help us keep your data safe please choose a strong, secure password, keep your password confidential and avoid sharing it with anyone.
Retention Of Your Personal Data
We retain certain information that we collect from you while you are a member of the Platform, and in certain cases where you have deleted your account, for the following reasons:
- So you can use our Platform
- To ensure that we do not communicate with you if you have asked us not to
- To better understand the traffic to our Platform so that we can provide all members with the best possible experience
- To detect and prevent abuse of our Platform, illegal activities and breaches of our Terms of Service
- To comply with applicable legal requirements
Rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Accessing, correcting, updating, or deleting of your information
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information
- Opting out from receiving marketing communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by selecting the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing emails we send you. Additionally, you may update your email preferences by changing the settings in your account
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow us to recognize your device.
- Ads: We may partner with third party publishers, advertising networks and service providers to manage ads on our sites. Our third party partners may set cookies on your device or use the technologies described below to gather information about your activities on the Platform and other sites and online services you use, in order to provide you with ads that match member profiles or interests
- Third party advertisers: We may work with advertisers to serve ads that may be relevant to you based on your inferred interests, location or other information collected about you, which may use a cookie or the technologies described below, on our Platform, or on a third party website or online service. The placing of these technologies on your device may enable you to be identified across multiple websites and online services.
Duration of Cookies
Some cookies, known as "session cookies", will stay on your device only for as long as you are accessing our Platform. Others, known as "persistent cookies", are stored on your device for longer periods.
- Pixels tags. Pixel tags (which are also called clear GIFs, web beacons, or pixels), are small pieces of code that can be embedded on websites and emails. Pixels tags may be used to learn how you interact with our site pages and emails, and this information helps us and our partners provide you with a more tailored experience.
- Device Identifiers. A device identifier is a unique label can be used to identify a mobile device. Device identifiers may be used to track, analyze and improve the performance of the Platform and ads delivered.
- Local storage. Local storage is an industry-standard technology that enables the storage and retrieval of data on a computer, mobile phone or other device. Local storage may be used to store member preferences on devices.
Opting Out Of Cookies
Most devices and web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you may be able to remove or reject cookies. You can learn more about how to block cookies by visiting allaboutcookies.org. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Platform.
You may also be able to control advertising cookies provided by publishers, for example Google's Ad Preference Manager. Your device may also include a feature that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps used for behavioral advertising purposes. Note that even if you choose to opt out of receiving targeted advertising, you may still receive advertising, although it should not be tailored to your interests or activities.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.