Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Biometric Permit B

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Biometric Permit B

Hi all, I've recently changed addresses and now I need to go and get a biometric one. I have an appointment but does anyone know how long they take to come? are they done while you wait? or are they then sent after in the post?  

I had the paper ones before but now I believe all permits will be Biometric credit card ones. 

Cheers

The text you are quoting:

Hi all, I've recently changed addresses and now I need to go and get a biometric one. I have an appointment but does anyone know how long they take to come? are they done while you wait? or are they then sent after in the post?  

I had the paper ones before but now I believe all permits will be Biometric credit card ones. 

Cheers

adam cJul 13, 2021 @ 09:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 256 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Biometric Permit B
Post 1

Hello, 

The process at OCPM takes about 30 minutes (plus the wait at the entrance). 

Then they will send you the permit by "Recommandée" after one-two weeks and you will have to go to the post office to pick it up.

Cheers,

Sergio

Hello, 

The process at OCPM takes about 30 minutes (plus the wait at the entrance). 

Then they will send you the permit by "Recommandée" after one-two weeks and you will have to go to the post office to pick it up.

Cheers,

Sergio

Sergio G, Jul 13, 2021 @ 14:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Brilliant, thanks for the reply. 

Meantime if I need to prove my address, I can get an attestation from the same place? 

Regards

Adam.

Brilliant, thanks for the reply. 

Meantime if I need to prove my address, I can get an attestation from the same place? 

Regards

Adam.

adam c, Jul 13, 2021 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I don't think you can get such an attestation, but while you're waiting for your B Permit you can keep with you a recent electricity (SIG) bill or an Internet subscription bill mentioning your name and new address.  That's pretty much recognized everywhere as a proof of living at that new address.

I don't think you can get such an attestation, but while you're waiting for your B Permit you can keep with you a recent electricity (SIG) bill or an Internet subscription bill mentioning your name and new address.  That's pretty much recognized everywhere as a proof of living at that new address.

TheOmegaMan, Jul 15, 2021 @ 20:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks for this - and I also changed address and got the request to submit for a biometric Permit B. But is it mandatory or can I just keep the old version? I was not clear if you have to submit for the biometric version? Thanks,. 

Thanks for this - and I also changed address and got the request to submit for a biometric Permit B. But is it mandatory or can I just keep the old version? I was not clear if you have to submit for the biometric version? Thanks,. 

Ann Canavan, Jul 15, 2021 @ 21:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Jul 15, 21 21:06

Looks like there is no choice. As they won't be sending a paper version. 

Looks like there is no choice. As they won't be sending a paper version. 

adam c, Jul 16, 2021 @ 10:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Jul 15, 21 20:04

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have any other bills, only health insurance.  

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have any other bills, only health insurance.  

adam c, Jul 16, 2021 @ 10:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 256 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form