Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Health insurance

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Health insurance

Hello,

Just moved to Geneva and was told I'm required by law to get a private health insurance. Does anyone have any tips on how to go about choosing their insurance provider?

Any help  would be much appreciated,

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

Just moved to Geneva and was told I'm required by law to get a private health insurance. Does anyone have any tips on how to go about choosing their insurance provider?

Any help  would be much appreciated,

Thanks!

Nicolas CNov 1, 2019 @ 10:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 245 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Health insurance
Post 1

Hi Nicolas, 

Welcome to Switzerland! I am also an expat (from the UK) and specialize in insurance for expats and families here in Switzerland. Happy to help you.
Please feel free to message me, we can have a call or a coffee? 

Best, 
Katrina 
+41 765 965 605

Hi Nicolas, 

Welcome to Switzerland! I am also an expat (from the UK) and specialize in insurance for expats and families here in Switzerland. Happy to help you.
Please feel free to message me, we can have a call or a coffee? 

Best, 
Katrina 
+41 765 965 605

Katrina K, Nov 1, 2019 @ 13:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Nicolas:

The coverage of basic health insurance is identical (by law) for all providers. And you can see a comparison of all providers and their prices on www.comparis.ch

With each provider you can choose a different "franchise" (the self-participation part of your insurance), and various models (ie: that you see any doctor you want, or only certain doctors). These choices will effect your price.

Personally I'm insured with Assura and i'm happy with them.

Nir

Nicolas:

The coverage of basic health insurance is identical (by law) for all providers. And you can see a comparison of all providers and their prices on www.comparis.ch

With each provider you can choose a different "franchise" (the self-participation part of your insurance), and various models (ie: that you see any doctor you want, or only certain doctors). These choices will effect your price.

Personally I'm insured with Assura and i'm happy with them.

Nir

Nir Ofek, Nov 1, 2019 @ 15:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

You may also wish to look at the website www.priminfo.ch. It is public and not affiliated or linked to health insurances.

M

You may also wish to look at the website www.priminfo.ch. It is public and not affiliated or linked to health insurances.

M

Marvin S, Nov 3, 2019 @ 20:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you very much Marvin and Nir both the websites were helpful.

In the end I met with Katrina and she helped me find the best option for me and also helped with all the paperwork. Would definetly recommend her services if you are new to Switzerland.

Nicolas

Thank you very much Marvin and Nir both the websites were helpful.

In the end I met with Katrina and she helped me find the best option for me and also helped with all the paperwork. Would definetly recommend her services if you are new to Switzerland.

Nicolas

Nicolas C, Nov 6, 2019 @ 12:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

It's true the first time around that speaking to someone to explain the game here is better. The other two sites are good when you understand what's going on!

It's true the first time around that speaking to someone to explain the game here is better. The other two sites are good when you understand what's going on!

Anne-Marie L, Nov 6, 2019 @ 16:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 245 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form