Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Not very original: Looking for an accommodation

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Not very original: Looking for an accommodation

Hello everyone,

My name is Raquel, I will start my Master's degree in Journalism and Communication at the University of Geneva in about a week. I currently live in Tessin and I'm desperately looking for a place to stay in Geneva! 

My previous housing plans didn't work out and now I find myself really really last minute looking for a room to stay that doesn't exceed 750.- per month (unfortunately I can't afford anything more since I don't have a job while studying and my parents can only contribute so much). I know that prices in Geneva are absolutely crazy and the housing market is super competitive but all the student residences or religous housings I contacted were at full capacity (and it was like 40 of them!).

I didn't know about this community but I was hoping someone could redirect me to someone they know that is subleasing a room in their house or help me out of this mess with some magical website I don't know of! 

I speak italian/french/spanish/english, don't smoke, I'm easy going and quiet. I'm all about living together as a community (I did for 3 years during my Bachelor's degree and it was really rewarding!) and I understand the need to respect/clean common spaces.

If you could help me out I will be forever grateful! 

Also, though the reason I've found this community is not super fun, I can't wait to explore all the different activities going on in Geneva! (obviously once I know where I'll sleep ahaha)

Wishing all of you a great week,

Raquel

The text you are quoting:

Hello everyone,

My name is Raquel, I will start my Master's degree in Journalism and Communication at the University of Geneva in about a week. I currently live in Tessin and I'm desperately looking for a place to stay in Geneva! 

My previous housing plans didn't work out and now I find myself really really last minute looking for a room to stay that doesn't exceed 750.- per month (unfortunately I can't afford anything more since I don't have a job while studying and my parents can only contribute so much). I know that prices in Geneva are absolutely crazy and the housing market is super competitive but all the student residences or religous housings I contacted were at full capacity (and it was like 40 of them!).

I didn't know about this community but I was hoping someone could redirect me to someone they know that is subleasing a room in their house or help me out of this mess with some magical website I don't know of! 

I speak italian/french/spanish/english, don't smoke, I'm easy going and quiet. I'm all about living together as a community (I did for 3 years during my Bachelor's degree and it was really rewarding!) and I understand the need to respect/clean common spaces.

If you could help me out I will be forever grateful! 

Also, though the reason I've found this community is not super fun, I can't wait to explore all the different activities going on in Geneva! (obviously once I know where I'll sleep ahaha)

Wishing all of you a great week,

Raquel

Raquel CastelliSep 9, 2018 @ 16:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1086 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Not very original: Looking for an accommodation
Post 1

Have a look here: https://www.suitetudes.com/en/student-property-parc-avenue-annemasse

Prices between 595 € and 870 €. It's in France but really cllose to Geneva.

Should be just for students and you can book it for just some months, so in the meanwhile search for something different.

Have a look here: https://www.suitetudes.com/en/student-property-parc-avenue-annemasse

Prices between 595 € and 870 €. It's in France but really cllose to Geneva.

Should be just for students and you can book it for just some months, so in the meanwhile search for something different.

Stefano De Masi, Sep 10, 2018 @ 12:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thank you so much for your answer! I will definitely look into this, I don't think Annemasse should be a problem since there's a tramway to Geneva if I'm not mistaken.. 

That's a great website to explore as well!

Thank you so much for your answer! I will definitely look into this, I don't think Annemasse should be a problem since there's a tramway to Geneva if I'm not mistaken.. 

That's a great website to explore as well!

Raquel Castelli, Sep 12, 2018 @ 06:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I think France side would be a good choice for you. If you are not obliged to stay on Suisse side. And you could have a better living condition, you can maybe try pap.fr, you can directly connect with real estate owners.

Good luck!

I think France side would be a good choice for you. If you are not obliged to stay on Suisse side. And you could have a better living condition, you can maybe try pap.fr, you can directly connect with real estate owners.

Good luck!

Victoria Tan, Sep 21, 2018 @ 14:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1086 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form