Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Unintentional Activity Group Spamming...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Unintentional Activity Group Spamming...

Could this be a possible design fault?

When an admin of a group oganises an activity for others to attend, all of the group members can be informed ...good idea.  

However, when/if this activity is then cancelled (due to the weather or other reason), could something be changed so that only the people concerned with the activity (those who had signed up) be informed of it's cancellation, and not the whole activity group (others who have not signed up)?

As it is, everyone is informed and it annoys some, especially if the activity doesn't even interest them at all...  Just an idea.

Cheers!  :o)  JT.

The text you are quoting:

Could this be a possible design fault?

When an admin of a group oganises an activity for others to attend, all of the group members can be informed ...good idea.  

However, when/if this activity is then cancelled (due to the weather or other reason), could something be changed so that only the people concerned with the activity (those who had signed up) be informed of it's cancellation, and not the whole activity group (others who have not signed up)?

As it is, everyone is informed and it annoys some, especially if the activity doesn't even interest them at all...  Just an idea.

Cheers!  :o)  JT.

JulianTMay 17, 2013 @ 15:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1356 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Unintentional Activity Group Spamming...
Post 1

Excuse the typo!  ;o))  JT.

Excuse the typo!  ;o))  JT.

JulianT, May 17, 2013 @ 15:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

As we technically don't have to be part of a group to attend its activities, I have simply signed out of a few groups recently to avoid receiving all the notices by email. That solved the problem pretty well.

As we technically don't have to be part of a group to attend its activities, I have simply signed out of a few groups recently to avoid receiving all the notices by email. That solved the problem pretty well.

Izzie, May 17, 2013 @ 15:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Done the same thing for some threads I lost interest in, I simply unsuscribed Wink

Done the same thing for some threads I lost interest in, I simply unsuscribed Wink

Izzie, May 17, 2013 @ 15:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

:)  Just had an idea from another member... When activity postings are put up through a group's page, don't invite anyone... Everyone (in that group) should see it anyway.

:)  Just had an idea from another member... When activity postings are put up through a group's page, don't invite anyone... Everyone (in that group) should see it anyway.

JulianT, May 17, 2013 @ 15:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Jan 1, 70 01:00

Oh my God I think I'm having a Déjà vu... :D

Oh my God I think I'm having a Déjà vu... :D

Stefania G, May 21, 2013 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1356 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form