Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Site improvement ideas & Bug reports > Uploading activity pics...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Uploading activity pics...

Hi there Oded & Nir,

Would it be possible, by any chance, to increase the website's capacity to upload activity pictures? At the moment, the maximum amount of data that can be uploaded at any one time is 20MB.  With a 20.1 megapixel camera, this only lets you upload 2 (perhaps 3 at a push) photos before starting the whole process again and I don't particularly wish to limit the pixels on the original pic on my camera.  Any suggestions?

What are the limitations on your side of things?  

Cheers!  :o)  JT.

The text you are quoting:

Hi there Oded & Nir,

Would it be possible, by any chance, to increase the website's capacity to upload activity pictures? At the moment, the maximum amount of data that can be uploaded at any one time is 20MB.  With a 20.1 megapixel camera, this only lets you upload 2 (perhaps 3 at a push) photos before starting the whole process again and I don't particularly wish to limit the pixels on the original pic on my camera.  Any suggestions?

What are the limitations on your side of things?  

Cheers!  :o)  JT.

JulianTJun 23, 2014 @ 15:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1526 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Uploading activity pics...
Post 1

Matey in all honesty 20MP is waaaaay overkill esp. for web publishing. The only situation where you would need that much detail is if printing big posters. There are many apps and websites which allow you to decrease the resolution of your pictures in bulk and then you can upload the lowres images. Hope it helps.

Matey in all honesty 20MP is waaaaay overkill esp. for web publishing. The only situation where you would need that much detail is if printing big posters. There are many apps and websites which allow you to decrease the resolution of your pictures in bulk and then you can upload the lowres images. Hope it helps.

catalin, Jun 23, 2014 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks Catalin.

It's all a bit 'Gobbledygook' to me... FB allows you to put up a whole load of pictures, easily, and I was just wondering why it's so different here.

Oh well, I'll just go on doing 2 pics at a time!  :o)  JT.

Thanks Catalin.

It's all a bit 'Gobbledygook' to me... FB allows you to put up a whole load of pictures, easily, and I was just wondering why it's so different here.

Oh well, I'll just go on doing 2 pics at a time!  :o)  JT.

JulianT, Jun 23, 2014 @ 17:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

http://www.photographyvox.com/a/digital-camera-resolution/

From an independent source. Anything above 4MP for web use is overkill and waste of space Wink

http://www.photographyvox.com/a/digital-camera-resolution/

From an independent source. Anything above 4MP for web use is overkill and waste of space Wink

catalin, Jun 23, 2014 @ 17:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1526 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form