Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Travel > Carte journaliere Duo/ one day train trip

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Carte journaliere Duo/ one day train trip

Dear all, 

We have recently received a gift that is a Duo one-day-train pass, that allow us to take any train for free for only one day. Can anyone give me some hints on how to use it but most important the route to take for one day trip by train..

Many thanks in advance.

N. 

The text you are quoting:

Dear all, 

We have recently received a gift that is a Duo one-day-train pass, that allow us to take any train for free for only one day. Can anyone give me some hints on how to use it but most important the route to take for one day trip by train..

Many thanks in advance.

N. 

Nadia HaddadDec 13, 2018 @ 14:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 353 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Carte journaliere Duo/ one day train trip
Post 1

U can travel all Switzerland using bus, train, ship. All for free.

Sam D, Dec 15, 2018 @ 01:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Dec 15, 18 01:06

It’s 40 sf to 45 sf demands on the commune not for Free ...it’s already a Great Deal..

It’s 40 sf to 45 sf demands on the commune not for Free ...it’s already a Great Deal..

Sari W, Dec 15, 2018 @ 12:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

My two suggestions: First is long & has much variety. Second is shorter & relaxing.

1) TRAIN to Lucerne + BOAT opposite train station, take 30 min ride to Vitznau + Mountain TRAIN to RIGI enjoy the mountain, lunch then go down the mountain by CABLE CAR , then walk to Wegis pier back by BOAT to luzern , then take TRAIN back home> All transport written in CAPS are covered bybl the  Day Card. This gives you the most variety of transport. Important to check the boat winter time table; as they run just on certain day/ weekend. Even in summer,  To take this trip from Geneva I have to start before 7 am, as last boat from Wegis is around 4 pm.

2) Interlaken Trip. Take TRAIN to Spiez + BOAT Opposite train station, go to Beatenbuch pier + mountain TRAIN to Beatenburg. if you start early, you can take bus to nearby cave; otherwise go up by  CABLE CAR up to Niederhorn (50% discount using day card in winter=20 CHF only). The view is pretty amazing. On cloudy winter, from top you’ll look down to (not lake but:) just cloud. Pretty. In winter, boat from Spiez to Beatenbuch only runs once a day on Fri Sat Sun. At 11:00. Photo is at Niederhorn last month.

When this gets popular, Let’s hope what’s included  in Day Card will remain! I wish you can enjoy Swiss beauty affordably... others may have ideas on more scenic train route. 

My two suggestions: First is long & has much variety. Second is shorter & relaxing.

1) TRAIN to Lucerne + BOAT opposite train station, take 30 min ride to Vitznau + Mountain TRAIN to RIGI enjoy the mountain, lunch then go down the mountain by CABLE CAR , then walk to Wegis pier back by BOAT to luzern , then take TRAIN back home> All transport written in CAPS are covered bybl the  Day Card. This gives you the most variety of transport. Important to check the boat winter time table; as they run just on certain day/ weekend. Even in summer,  To take this trip from Geneva I have to start before 7 am, as last boat from Wegis is around 4 pm.

2) Interlaken Trip. Take TRAIN to Spiez + BOAT Opposite train station, go to Beatenbuch pier + mountain TRAIN to Beatenburg. if you start early, you can take bus to nearby cave; otherwise go up by  CABLE CAR up to Niederhorn (50% discount using day card in winter=20 CHF only). The view is pretty amazing. On cloudy winter, from top you’ll look down to (not lake but:) just cloud. Pretty. In winter, boat from Spiez to Beatenbuch only runs once a day on Fri Sat Sun. At 11:00. Photo is at Niederhorn last month.

When this gets popular, Let’s hope what’s included  in Day Card will remain! I wish you can enjoy Swiss beauty affordably... others may have ideas on more scenic train route. 

Inoka Bkk, Dec 15, 2018 @ 20:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Is this the one that is currently being offered by La Poste that says can be used until the 20th of January?  You may need to check the specifics as from what I know, one of the passengers need to have a half-fare travel card for this type of carte journaliere duo. 

Is this the one that is currently being offered by La Poste that says can be used until the 20th of January?  You may need to check the specifics as from what I know, one of the passengers need to have a half-fare travel card for this type of carte journaliere duo. 

Sharee B, Dec 16, 2018 @ 04:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Dec 15, 18 20:06

I have done exactly the trip 1) suggested by Inoka twice, but starting from Lausanne. Once in September, with great sunny weather, and a second time end of October with rainless but cloudy weather. No need to say the first time with sun was better, but I also enjoyed it the second time, the view is just not as spectacular, but can still be great.

If you arrange your schedule correcly you may be able to do a quick visit of the city centre of Luzern before returning back to Geneva.

I have done exactly the trip 1) suggested by Inoka twice, but starting from Lausanne. Once in September, with great sunny weather, and a second time end of October with rainless but cloudy weather. No need to say the first time with sun was better, but I also enjoyed it the second time, the view is just not as spectacular, but can still be great.

If you arrange your schedule correcly you may be able to do a quick visit of the city centre of Luzern before returning back to Geneva.

ajimenezp, Dec 16, 2018 @ 13:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 353 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form