Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > How to get to Valmeinier ski resort from Geneva? Please!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
How to get to Valmeinier ski resort from Geneva? Please!

We four people are planning to go to Valmeinier ski resort for one week snowboarding holiday. We do not know HOW to get there cheaper, especially in the late afternoon (around 5pm from Geneva) of 15th January. 

Any tip will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.  

Wish you all happy holiday season!

The text you are quoting:

We four people are planning to go to Valmeinier ski resort for one week snowboarding holiday. We do not know HOW to get there cheaper, especially in the late afternoon (around 5pm from Geneva) of 15th January. 

Any tip will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.  

Wish you all happy holiday season!

rina bDec 19, 2010 @ 15:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 2907 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: How to get to Valmeinier ski resort from Geneva? Please!
Post 1

Do you have a car?

Do you have a car?

Nir Ofek, Dec 19, 2010 @ 16:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Most would get a shared transport from Geneva airport. You can find a list here:

http://www.natives.co.uk/travel/transfers.htm

An alternative, which will take you a little longer is to take the train to Chambery (about 27 CHF pp one way) and then to take one of the above transport co's from there. But I think you'll be glad you paid a bit more for direct transport from GVA. It's still a 2 hr trip if there's no traffic and no snow.

Good luck

Most would get a shared transport from Geneva airport. You can find a list here:

http://www.natives.co.uk/travel/transfers.htm

An alternative, which will take you a little longer is to take the train to Chambery (about 27 CHF pp one way) and then to take one of the above transport co's from there. But I think you'll be glad you paid a bit more for direct transport from GVA. It's still a 2 hr trip if there's no traffic and no snow.

Good luck

Dirk B, Dec 19, 2010 @ 16:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank Dirk and Nir! I will look for solutions according to your advice!

No, we do not have a car. :( And also we will stay there for a week, so it is not wise to rent a car, most preferable options is to go by minibus with other ski fellows and pay per person, which might be cheaper. right?   

Have a nice holiday!

Cheers,

Rina

Thank Dirk and Nir! I will look for solutions according to your advice!

No, we do not have a car. :( And also we will stay there for a week, so it is not wise to rent a car, most preferable options is to go by minibus with other ski fellows and pay per person, which might be cheaper. right?   

Have a nice holiday!

Cheers,

Rina

rina b, Dec 20, 2010 @ 10:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Try this site 

http://www.alpybus.com/home

I have heard of this service that operates from the airport they don't have your destination listed but on one page it states this:

PLEASE NOTE: WE CAN OFFER PRIVATE TRANSFERS TO ALL OTHER SKI RESORTS IN FRANCE, SWITZERLAND AND ITALY FROM GENEVA AIRPORT. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A QUOTE PLEASE EMAIL: [email protected]

Try this site 

http://www.alpybus.com/home

I have heard of this service that operates from the airport they don't have your destination listed but on one page it states this:

PLEASE NOTE: WE CAN OFFER PRIVATE TRANSFERS TO ALL OTHER SKI RESORTS IN FRANCE, SWITZERLAND AND ITALY FROM GENEVA AIRPORT. IF YOU WOULD LIKE A QUOTE PLEASE EMAIL: [email protected]

Melanienyc, Dec 20, 2010 @ 12:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Wow, thanks all of you for great information and taking time to reply my thread! Thanks again and have a nice holiday season! 

Cheers,

R

Wow, thanks all of you for great information and taking time to reply my thread! Thanks again and have a nice holiday season! 

Cheers,

R

rina b, Dec 20, 2010 @ 12:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 2907 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form