Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Skiing on Sunday?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Skiing on Sunday?

Weather permitting, I would like to go skiing on Sunday. Haven't quite made up my mind about where. Diableretes or villars maybe. If anyone wants to come too, I have free seats in the car. any suggestions on easy slopes for beginners, intermediates welcome.

The text you are quoting:

Weather permitting, I would like to go skiing on Sunday. Haven't quite made up my mind about where. Diableretes or villars maybe. If anyone wants to come too, I have free seats in the car. any suggestions on easy slopes for beginners, intermediates welcome.

catalynaJan 14, 2014 @ 20:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 1779 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Skiing on Sunday?
Post 1

Was in Villars last weekend and the snow is not great! Would suggest Verbier: will be there with another group, www.onvasortir.com

Karin

Was in Villars last weekend and the snow is not great! Would suggest Verbier: will be there with another group, www.onvasortir.com

Karin

Karin E, Jan 15, 2014 @ 00:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks for that. Do they have easy runs in verbier though? I know how to ski but am not a very confident skier. So need some relatively easy practice. :)

Thanks for that. Do they have easy runs in verbier though? I know how to ski but am not a very confident skier. So need some relatively easy practice. :)

catalyna, Jan 15, 2014 @ 00:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I would love to join but I am a super beginner....... Will be trying for the second time ............ :) Let me know if you plan to go on Sunday and i would love to join............cheers....aadish

I would love to join but I am a super beginner....... Will be trying for the second time ............ :) Let me know if you plan to go on Sunday and i would love to join............cheers....aadish

Aadish J, Jan 15, 2014 @ 00:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

For beginners I advise "les paccots", it's a small station with family atmosphere and easy slops.

I' a beginner too and going there this week end for the 4th time.

Cheers

For beginners I advise "les paccots", it's a small station with family atmosphere and easy slops.

I' a beginner too and going there this week end for the 4th time.

Cheers

christophe b, Jan 15, 2014 @ 08:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Am a good skierKissand yes there are some nice easy runs in Verbier (Lac des Vaux and La Chaux).

Am a good skierKissand yes there are some nice easy runs in Verbier (Lac des Vaux and La Chaux).

Karin E, Jan 15, 2014 @ 09:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Thanks, Legalkitty and Christophe B for the  suggestions. :) Aadish J , where are you based?

Thanks, Legalkitty and Christophe B for the  suggestions. :) Aadish J , where are you based?

catalyna, Jan 16, 2014 @ 01:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Catalyna, for excursions outside Geneva, and not TOO difficult, I suggest Les Gets in France. It's lovely, great village, nice pistes. Also Leysin is great (http://www.leysin.ch/en/index.cfm)

I also find Flaine on the French side to be great for all levels (and close to Geneva again).

Catalyna, for excursions outside Geneva, and not TOO difficult, I suggest Les Gets in France. It's lovely, great village, nice pistes. Also Leysin is great (http://www.leysin.ch/en/index.cfm)

I also find Flaine on the French side to be great for all levels (and close to Geneva again).

Yannis M, Jan 28, 2014 @ 18:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Anyone going this weekend?!

Anyone going this weekend?!

Maryam W, Jan 30, 2014 @ 14:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Why not join the outing listed on the site?

Why not join the outing listed on the site?

Karin E, Jan 30, 2014 @ 16:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Well, the ones listed for this weekend are either full, in Gstaad (which is approx 2.5 hours away according to CFF), or for advanced skiers. I was hoping to find someone/people of similar level (upper beginner - intermediate) so as not to hold back or get abandoned by a group if I go with advanced skiers.

Well, the ones listed for this weekend are either full, in Gstaad (which is approx 2.5 hours away according to CFF), or for advanced skiers. I was hoping to find someone/people of similar level (upper beginner - intermediate) so as not to hold back or get abandoned by a group if I go with advanced skiers.

Maryam W, Jan 30, 2014 @ 16:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi @all

I am an intermediate snowboarder and plan to go to les gets or another ski area close to geneva... currently I am all alone and have at least space for 1-2 people in the car. Anyone wants to join?

Cheers

Alex

Hi @all

I am an intermediate snowboarder and plan to go to les gets or another ski area close to geneva... currently I am all alone and have at least space for 1-2 people in the car. Anyone wants to join?

Cheers

Alex

Alex S, Jan 30, 2014 @ 21:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

The outings posted in Lausanne (Villars, Leysin, Verbier) are not full but I am a good skier. Will be in Crans on Feb 9th, with another group.

The outings posted in Lausanne (Villars, Leysin, Verbier) are not full but I am a good skier. Will be in Crans on Feb 9th, with another group.

Karin E, Jan 30, 2014 @ 23:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 1779 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form