Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > Where to start? Where to go? Ski weekends

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where to start? Where to go? Ski weekends

Guys - this may seem a stupid question but when you don't know your way around.... I have been ski-ing before but when you are new in Geneva where do you start? I can see Mont Blanc and the Jura mountains but where to go? I want to head off at weekends and stay overnight in a resort - are there deals on weekend ski-ing packages for one person? Do I just take a train / bus / drive to Chamonix or another resort and book a hotel on the web? What's your advice? Thanks! Ken

The text you are quoting:

Guys - this may seem a stupid question but when you don't know your way around.... I have been ski-ing before but when you are new in Geneva where do you start? I can see Mont Blanc and the Jura mountains but where to go? I want to head off at weekends and stay overnight in a resort - are there deals on weekend ski-ing packages for one person? Do I just take a train / bus / drive to Chamonix or another resort and book a hotel on the web? What's your advice? Thanks! Ken

Ken CJan 24, 2011 @ 15:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1259 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where to start? Where to go? Ski weekends
Post 1

I guess I should have spent more time looking thru the Glocals site and reading past threads!! I see the info about the Ski bus from the centre / airport to various resorts. Morzine seems well recommended as well as many other places (by mountain train?!) now I'm looking for accommodation recommendations -  or any other suggestions for 2 or 3 nights. Is Courmayeur in Italy too far away?

I guess I should have spent more time looking thru the Glocals site and reading past threads!! I see the info about the Ski bus from the centre / airport to various resorts. Morzine seems well recommended as well as many other places (by mountain train?!) now I'm looking for accommodation recommendations -  or any other suggestions for 2 or 3 nights. Is Courmayeur in Italy too far away?

Ken C, Jan 24, 2011 @ 15:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I recommend you Chamionix and all the slopes around. Now the wearther conditions aren't too good as there is quite icy, but maybe in few days will be snowing. I do hope. as I'm going there next weekend. 

I know that there is a bus to Chamoinx from Geneva's airport and it costs 20euros (it's about one hour of way). Then in Chamoinx or in Argentiere you should find some chalets or other accomodation - just use websites. 

Skipass for Chamoinx includes lifts and bus or train ticekts, so that's a good soultion to visit all slopes in Balme or Grands Montets for example.

What is essential - these mountains are really great! And all views are unforgettable.

Enjoy skiing! . 

I recommend you Chamionix and all the slopes around. Now the wearther conditions aren't too good as there is quite icy, but maybe in few days will be snowing. I do hope. as I'm going there next weekend. 

I know that there is a bus to Chamoinx from Geneva's airport and it costs 20euros (it's about one hour of way). Then in Chamoinx or in Argentiere you should find some chalets or other accomodation - just use websites. 

Skipass for Chamoinx includes lifts and bus or train ticekts, so that's a good soultion to visit all slopes in Balme or Grands Montets for example.

What is essential - these mountains are really great! And all views are unforgettable.

Enjoy skiing! . 

Paulina K, Jan 24, 2011 @ 16:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks Paulina!!

Thanks Paulina!!