Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Ski / Snowboarding > ski resort accessible by public transport from Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
ski resort accessible by public transport from Geneva

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me about a ski resort that is open this Sunday, April 11, and is accessible by public transport? I'm looking for mostly blue runs and also one or two reds. I would also like to rent equipment on-site if possible.

I've previously been to La Dôle and Balanciers, but the ski bus is not running there anymore and it's a bit of a walk from the train station.
Many thanks for your help!

Wendy

The text you are quoting:

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me about a ski resort that is open this Sunday, April 11, and is accessible by public transport? I'm looking for mostly blue runs and also one or two reds. I would also like to rent equipment on-site if possible.

I've previously been to La Dôle and Balanciers, but the ski bus is not running there anymore and it's a bit of a walk from the train station.
Many thanks for your help!

Wendy

Wendy WApr 7, 2010 @ 14:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 5465 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: ski resort accessible by public transport from Geneva
Post 1

Leysin you get there by train...from Geneva to Aigle and then the mountain train...very nice...

Leysin you get there by train...from Geneva to Aigle and then the mountain train...very nice...

Susan61, Apr 7, 2010 @ 16:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Suggest you consider Samoens, Morrilon and Flaine next season -most of my Glocals friends ski ;o)

Suggest you consider Samoens, Morrilon and Flaine next season -most of my Glocals friends ski ;o)

Jivebaby, Jul 13, 2010 @ 10:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

These buses go to Flaine, Morzine, Contamines and think you can get a ski pass as well.  In general a shorter trip than to the Swiss resorts - they leave about8 am but you have to be wide awake as it never seems to be clear which bus goes where.  Also Verbier is accessible. Train to Martigny then train to le Chable and you get the ski lift right up to the top from 100 yards from the train station.   Think CFF also does a trip and ski pass

These buses go to Flaine, Morzine, Contamines and think you can get a ski pass as well.  In general a shorter trip than to the Swiss resorts - they leave about8 am but you have to be wide awake as it never seems to be clear which bus goes where.  Also Verbier is accessible. Train to Martigny then train to le Chable and you get the ski lift right up to the top from 100 yards from the train station.   Think CFF also does a trip and ski pass

Paul E, Aug 12, 2010 @ 23:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

You can take the train to Martigny, change to Le Chable. The gondola lift for Verbier and ski area leaves from opposite the train station in Le Chable. Hire equipment at "Mountain Show" which is in the gondola lift station building. The Lac des Vaux area will be open with gentle blues and a short and not scary black! If you ever need accommodation, please check out www.season-rentals.com

Happy skiing!

John 

You can take the train to Martigny, change to Le Chable. The gondola lift for Verbier and ski area leaves from opposite the train station in Le Chable. Hire equipment at "Mountain Show" which is in the gondola lift station building. The Lac des Vaux area will be open with gentle blues and a short and not scary black! If you ever need accommodation, please check out www.season-rentals.com

Happy skiing!

John 

John Bristow, Nov 17, 2010 @ 16:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Can you give information on the following

1. How to take a train or bus from Martigny to le chable ?

2. Where to check for the time table and the fares ?

Can you give information on the following

1. How to take a train or bus from Martigny to le chable ?

2. Where to check for the time table and the fares ?

Ketan Rathor, Dec 30, 2010 @ 18:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 5465 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form