Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > Borrow your bike for 3 weeks? - Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Borrow your bike for 3 weeks? - Geneva

Hi, I'm staying in Geneva May 20 - June 6, and it would be great if I could use (or rent for cheap) your bike (and lock) for some or all of that time. I don't ride a lot and I don't do anything crazy or stupid, but it would be nice to have to get from my residence near Carouge to the university each day. Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hi, I'm staying in Geneva May 20 - June 6, and it would be great if I could use (or rent for cheap) your bike (and lock) for some or all of that time. I don't ride a lot and I don't do anything crazy or stupid, but it would be nice to have to get from my residence near Carouge to the university each day. Thanks!

Kathryn SMay 19, 2012 @ 19:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 874 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Borrow your bike for 3 weeks? - Geneva
Post 1

As far as I know the swiss train station also offer bikes for rent - and Im sure in Geneva its the same as in the German speaking part. Go to the station and ask - where they sell tickets they will give you some infos on that. Hope this helps.

As far as I know the swiss train station also offer bikes for rent - and Im sure in Geneva its the same as in the German speaking part. Go to the station and ask - where they sell tickets they will give you some infos on that. Hope this helps.

Dorothy W, May 20, 2012 @ 00:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Dorothy,

Thanks for mentioning that. From what it looks like on the website though, the only bikes available in Geneva are rentals for day trips (and I'm staying far from the station), not longer term rentals of a week or more. And it doesn't look like the bike-sharing program is over here yet. =/

Hi Dorothy,

Thanks for mentioning that. From what it looks like on the website though, the only bikes available in Geneva are rentals for day trips (and I'm staying far from the station), not longer term rentals of a week or more. And it doesn't look like the bike-sharing program is over here yet. =/

Kathryn S, May 20, 2012 @ 15:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Kathryn - well I dont know - at one time my son went to one of those Laagers where they stayed away for a week and he got a bicycle from the Station and he was not the only one who got it. I still think its better to ask.

Good luck or just check bikes for hire in google. I checked google and it coughed a few like http://www.rentabike.ch

Hi Kathryn - well I dont know - at one time my son went to one of those Laagers where they stayed away for a week and he got a bicycle from the Station and he was not the only one who got it. I still think its better to ask.

Good luck or just check bikes for hire in google. I checked google and it coughed a few like http://www.rentabike.ch

Dorothy W, May 20, 2012 @ 21:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

http://www.geneveroule.ch/

http://www.geneveroule.ch/

Zuzana S, May 20, 2012 @ 21:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I went to google.ch and gave in "Bikes for hire in Geneva" and I got more than 10 links like

www.bikesswitzerlandrentals.ch

I went to google.ch and gave in "Bikes for hire in Geneva" and I got more than 10 links like

www.bikesswitzerlandrentals.ch

Dorothy W, May 20, 2012 @ 21:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Awesome, thanks!

Awesome, thanks!

Kathryn S, May 20, 2012 @ 22:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Kathryn, there is also a carouge roule in Carouge.. just next to the brige where tram 12 crosses the river.

Hi Kathryn, there is also a carouge roule in Carouge.. just next to the brige where tram 12 crosses the river.

otred, May 21, 2012 @ 11:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Oh.. and what kind of bike are you looking for..?

Oh.. and what kind of bike are you looking for..?

otred, May 21, 2012 @ 11:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Kath,

I got a bike for you. It's nothing special tho, and hasn't been ridden in 2 years, but it stillo rolls. If you need it, lemme know.

Kath,

I got a bike for you. It's nothing special tho, and hasn't been ridden in 2 years, but it stillo rolls. If you need it, lemme know.

Nir Ofek, May 21, 2012 @ 11:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Well, you can use my bike.. That is not a problem and you can keep it as long as you need. But I live in Lausanne...

Well, you can use my bike.. That is not a problem and you can keep it as long as you need. But I live in Lausanne...

Jiayuan Z, May 21, 2012 @ 11:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 874 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form