Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > Chinese for English (or any other useful skills I might have...or coffee, or drinks, or snacks...or just out of the kindness of your heart).)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Chinese for English (or any other useful skills I might have...or coffee, or drinks, or snacks...or just out of the kindness of your heart).)

I'm look for anyone who would be willing to help me brush up on my Chinese before I move to China.  I used to be damn near fluent (and close to literate!) in Chinese (my university major was in Chinese Language and Literature and I lived in Taiwan for a year).  Unfortunely, as I was rather harshly reminded when I tried to speak Chinese in an interview this morning, languages go quickly if you don't use them--I tried to speak to my Chinese job interviewer this morning in broken Frinese (that's French-Chinese); it was not one of the high points of my year so far.  In exchange for Chinese conversation, I can offer native english or the coffee/drinks to last us through our talking.  If you can help me out, shoot me a private message.  

Cheers,

Kat

The text you are quoting:

I'm look for anyone who would be willing to help me brush up on my Chinese before I move to China.  I used to be damn near fluent (and close to literate!) in Chinese (my university major was in Chinese Language and Literature and I lived in Taiwan for a year).  Unfortunely, as I was rather harshly reminded when I tried to speak Chinese in an interview this morning, languages go quickly if you don't use them--I tried to speak to my Chinese job interviewer this morning in broken Frinese (that's French-Chinese); it was not one of the high points of my year so far.  In exchange for Chinese conversation, I can offer native english or the coffee/drinks to last us through our talking.  If you can help me out, shoot me a private message.  

Cheers,

Kat

KatCRMMar 26, 2010 @ 21:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1136 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Chinese for English (or any other useful skills I might have...or coffee, or drinks, or snacks...or just out of the kindness of your heart).)
Post 1

HI, I'm Chinese, and struggling with French... so if you want to do some sort of exchange I'd up to!

HI, I'm Chinese, and struggling with French... so if you want to do some sort of exchange I'd up to!

Ankai, Mar 31, 2010 @ 21:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Chinese for English (or any other useful skills I might have...or coffee, or drinks, or snacks...or just out of the kindness of your heart).)
Post 2

Hi I'm Chinese, and living Geneva, I would like to improve my English, so if you want to learn Mandarin you can find me with  [email protected]

Hi I'm Chinese, and living Geneva, I would like to improve my English, so if you want to learn Mandarin you can find me with  [email protected]

Wang L, Jun 22, 2010 @ 12:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1136 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form