Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > German mother looks for a French tandem

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
German mother looks for a French tandem
Hi

I am a mother of an almost 18-month-old girl with German mother-tongue.
We have just moved to Geneva and I am taking French classes, but I really have to improve my spoken French and would like to do that in daily situations.
I am looking for a French-speaking mother who is willing to teach French and wants to improve her German at the same time - maybe we could meet speaking French one time and speaking German the other time? Is there any one out there who is willing to spend time together chatting, drinking coffee, hanging out at playgrounds etc. while the children can be together as well?

Hope to hear from you!

Elisabeth
The text you are quoting:
Hi

I am a mother of an almost 18-month-old girl with German mother-tongue.
We have just moved to Geneva and I am taking French classes, but I really have to improve my spoken French and would like to do that in daily situations.
I am looking for a French-speaking mother who is willing to teach French and wants to improve her German at the same time - maybe we could meet speaking French one time and speaking German the other time? Is there any one out there who is willing to spend time together chatting, drinking coffee, hanging out at playgrounds etc. while the children can be together as well?

Hope to hear from you!

Elisabeth

Elisabeth HOct 10, 2009 @ 14:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1074 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: German mother looks for a French tandem
Post 1
 Hello Elisabeth
Although I should like to help you, I am far too old but wish you good luck in any case. Had to laugh at your post though, as in English a tandem is generally speaking a bicycle made for two people! Hope you find someone to help you.
 Hello Elisabeth
Although I should like to help you, I am far too old but wish you good luck in any case. Had to laugh at your post though, as in English a tandem is generally speaking a bicycle made for two people! Hope you find someone to help you.

sheila c, Oct 12, 2009 @ 13:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Dear Glocals

Sorry about the usage of the word "tandem" - in German it stands for a language partner, with whom one can practise language skills, preferably with a native speaker.

Hope this generates some more helpful replies :o)
Dear Glocals

Sorry about the usage of the word "tandem" - in German it stands for a language partner, with whom one can practise language skills, preferably with a native speaker.

Hope this generates some more helpful replies :o)

Elisabeth H, Oct 12, 2009 @ 21:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Good afternoon Elisabeth,

I live both in Geneva and Zurich, and although my mother tongue is french, I'd like to speak a bit more in German.

What about some conversationnal mixing (both in subjects and in language) with my french vs your german. In some bar in Geneva, once a week.

Cheers

Philippe

Good afternoon Elisabeth,

I live both in Geneva and Zurich, and although my mother tongue is french, I'd like to speak a bit more in German.

What about some conversationnal mixing (both in subjects and in language) with my french vs your german. In some bar in Geneva, once a week.

Cheers

Philippe

Philippe L, Jul 12, 2010 @ 15:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1074 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form