Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > My cooking experience for yours!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
My cooking experience for yours!!

The two best things I love in this world will be writing and food. I did take up writing seriously and it ended up in trash. As for cooking, the exploring and experimenting started just two years back when i got my own kitchen and money.

http://foodysthoughts.blogspot.com/

Happy to explore food with like minded people

The text you are quoting:

The two best things I love in this world will be writing and food. I did take up writing seriously and it ended up in trash. As for cooking, the exploring and experimenting started just two years back when i got my own kitchen and money.

http://foodysthoughts.blogspot.com/

Happy to explore food with like minded people

Chella NathanFeb 23, 2012 @ 11:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

24 Replies | 1293 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: My cooking experience for yours!!
Post 1

Now THAT's a post to my liking ;-P

Have been working in hospitality industry for over 10 years (not as a chef, but in gastronomy for a few years anyways), and have been living in France for over 2 years.

And I love cooking and good food ! Simple dishes, sometimes even not cooked, but just bread, wine, cheese and a nice ham or pâté.

My cooking skills - well, I'm past the stage of trying to boil water and fail at it ;-P

Let me know what you have in mind... I can invite (very, very small appartment though, 3 ppl and it's full - no joke), otherwise I'm open for anthing, and definitely interested in learning ;-))

Now THAT's a post to my liking ;-P

Have been working in hospitality industry for over 10 years (not as a chef, but in gastronomy for a few years anyways), and have been living in France for over 2 years.

And I love cooking and good food ! Simple dishes, sometimes even not cooked, but just bread, wine, cheese and a nice ham or pâté.

My cooking skills - well, I'm past the stage of trying to boil water and fail at it ;-P

Let me know what you have in mind... I can invite (very, very small appartment though, 3 ppl and it's full - no joke), otherwise I'm open for anthing, and definitely interested in learning ;-))

Dominik M, Feb 23, 2012 @ 19:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Chella and Dominik,

I am also interested, I like cooking and experimenting, let's meet up and cook!

Hi Chella and Dominik,

I am also interested, I like cooking and experimenting, let's meet up and cook!

muriel l, Mar 12, 2012 @ 23:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

thank u so much dominik, we ill plan some day and cook a lot of food :)

thank u so much dominik, we ill plan some day and cook a lot of food :)

Chella Nathan, Mar 13, 2012 @ 11:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

hello muriel, e will def plan some day and cook. :) yay!! its fun to meet ppl who r really intrested in food and tlak abt food :))

hello muriel, e will def plan some day and cook. :) yay!! its fun to meet ppl who r really intrested in food and tlak abt food :))

Chella Nathan, Mar 13, 2012 @ 11:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Let's plan a date in April!

Cheers,

Let's plan a date in April!

Cheers,

muriel l, Apr 2, 2012 @ 19:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Should you need some special dessert - Im good at it.

Should you need some special dessert - Im good at it.

Dorothy W, Apr 2, 2012 @ 20:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

wow really? i so wanna learn to make few :) lets plan something

wow really? i so wanna learn to make few :) lets plan something

Chella Nathan, Apr 2, 2012 @ 22:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

sure thing :)

sure thing :)

Chella Nathan, Apr 2, 2012 @ 22:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I like that idea and I'm good on a kitchen...no drama!!

alexandre

I like that idea and I'm good on a kitchen...no drama!!

alexandre

Ale Rizzo, Apr 2, 2012 @ 23:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi all,

Did you meet up to do your shared cooking?  It sounds like fun and would be something i would be really interested in.  I really enjoy cooking and have just enrolled on a professional 10 week full time cooking course in the UK in October!  Would love to share your experience if possible?

Cath

Hi all,

Did you meet up to do your shared cooking?  It sounds like fun and would be something i would be really interested in.  I really enjoy cooking and have just enrolled on a professional 10 week full time cooking course in the UK in October!  Would love to share your experience if possible?

Cath

Catherine Bryant, May 8, 2012 @ 15:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11
If you're interested in learning about gluten free cooking, I'm happy to share!
If you're interested in learning about gluten free cooking, I'm happy to share!
Jillian N, May 8, 2012 @ 15:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

When I lived in Belgium I put together a group that met once or so a month and cooked foods based on a cultural theme. The group had a lot of people from different countries and each time we met there was a different theme -- Indian, Thai, Italian, or other times just a focus on appetizers or sushi, etc. The people from those countries would provide recipes for each member of the group and we'd all gather at my house and have a big sort of potluck with lots of terrific food. It was fun because it helped us learn how to prepare foods from different cultures and it was social because we all met up and became friends (or at least friendly!). I'm happy to offer my house for this again (though we live near Bellegarde, which is only 25 mins by train but perhaps too far for some people?) if a people would like to form this kind of group.

When I lived in Belgium I put together a group that met once or so a month and cooked foods based on a cultural theme. The group had a lot of people from different countries and each time we met there was a different theme -- Indian, Thai, Italian, or other times just a focus on appetizers or sushi, etc. The people from those countries would provide recipes for each member of the group and we'd all gather at my house and have a big sort of potluck with lots of terrific food. It was fun because it helped us learn how to prepare foods from different cultures and it was social because we all met up and became friends (or at least friendly!). I'm happy to offer my house for this again (though we live near Bellegarde, which is only 25 mins by train but perhaps too far for some people?) if a people would like to form this kind of group.

eveyansas, May 8, 2012 @ 16:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Thanks Jillian, Gluten free is on my list of things to learn!  Where are you based?  I'm in Cessy in the Pays de Gex area.

Thanks Jillian, Gluten free is on my list of things to learn!  Where are you based?  I'm in Cessy in the Pays de Gex area.

Catherine Bryant, May 9, 2012 @ 09:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Eveyansas, that sounds like a brilliant idea. I'll check the map and see where you are located. It may be too far for me as I'm in Gex?

Eveyansas, that sounds like a brilliant idea. I'll check the map and see where you are located. It may be too far for me as I'm in Gex?

Catherine Bryant, May 9, 2012 @ 09:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

That may be the problem, the distance. I think Gex is about 45 minutes from our place (we live about 3 km from Confort, which is on the road between Bellegarde and Chezery Forens). But the offer is open. :)

That may be the problem, the distance. I think Gex is about 45 minutes from our place (we live about 3 km from Confort, which is on the road between Bellegarde and Chezery Forens). But the offer is open. :)

eveyansas, May 9, 2012 @ 09:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Hi All,

It´s a shame Geneva is way too far apart from Basel, otherwise, would be exciting to introduce my malaysian/malaysian-chinese cuisine :-)

Have fun !

Sue

Hi All,

It´s a shame Geneva is way too far apart from Basel, otherwise, would be exciting to introduce my malaysian/malaysian-chinese cuisine :-)

Have fun !

Sue

Sue Yen, May 9, 2012 @ 09:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

May 9, 12 09:38

I'm based in central Geneva, but don't have the biggest kitchen unfortunately. 

I'm based in central Geneva, but don't have the biggest kitchen unfortunately. 

Jillian N, May 9, 2012 @ 13:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Hi I am also based in Geneva, happy to meet people interested in cooking, I used to organize monthly meeting with friends and we would chose a different theme or country each time! Let's get organized, who wants to meet in Geneva, my kitchen is open!

Let's plan for a specific date in MAY

Muriel

Hi I am also based in Geneva, happy to meet people interested in cooking, I used to organize monthly meeting with friends and we would chose a different theme or country each time! Let's get organized, who wants to meet in Geneva, my kitchen is open!

Let's plan for a specific date in MAY

Muriel

muriel l, May 9, 2012 @ 13:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

is there a shop where i can find authentic chineese groceriers? indian or srilankan shops are not helpful.Cry

is there a shop where i can find authentic chineese groceriers? indian or srilankan shops are not helpful.Cry

Chella Nathan, May 10, 2012 @ 10:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

There is a store that has a lot of terrific Chinese ingredients just a couple of doors away from the Starbucks across from the central station. With the Starbucks on youir left, you walk up that small street (not the pedestrian way) and walk past a travel agency and a hotel (if memory serves). The shop doesn't take bankcards, however, only cash. Run by Chinese people and definitely a good bet for lots of Asian ingredients.

There is a store that has a lot of terrific Chinese ingredients just a couple of doors away from the Starbucks across from the central station. With the Starbucks on youir left, you walk up that small street (not the pedestrian way) and walk past a travel agency and a hotel (if memory serves). The shop doesn't take bankcards, however, only cash. Run by Chinese people and definitely a good bet for lots of Asian ingredients.

eveyansas, May 10, 2012 @ 12:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Hi All,

i'm new here from Russia, love cooking and would like to meet people with the same "food passion". Surprisingly, I live in Bellegarde :) Would be happy to join food meeting in May! 

Hi All,

i'm new here from Russia, love cooking and would like to meet people with the same "food passion". Surprisingly, I live in Bellegarde :) Would be happy to join food meeting in May! 

Genia E, May 13, 2012 @ 23:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Still, I like that...I could do a home made pasta for a groupe of people...tagliatelli, torteloni, lasagna...home made, grand mothers recipe!!

Out for 10 days in São Paulo, back by the end of May...

Follow me:

www.alerizzo.com

alexandre

079 243-4657

Still, I like that...I could do a home made pasta for a groupe of people...tagliatelli, torteloni, lasagna...home made, grand mothers recipe!!

Out for 10 days in São Paulo, back by the end of May...

Follow me:

www.alerizzo.com

alexandre

079 243-4657

Ale Rizzo, May 14, 2012 @ 00:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

ok guys now that we have been planning this for a while lets put this into some action. i am from geneva, i have a 9 months old baby gal and i completely depend on public transport so i cant travel far. so if its fine lets cook any thing of our choice and bring it for a pot lunch and we can share food and recipies?? ofcourse get to know each other. since the climate is so much better we can hang out in a park and have fun takling and eating. as for the date i am fine with anyday. plz reply :)

ok guys now that we have been planning this for a while lets put this into some action. i am from geneva, i have a 9 months old baby gal and i completely depend on public transport so i cant travel far. so if its fine lets cook any thing of our choice and bring it for a pot lunch and we can share food and recipies?? ofcourse get to know each other. since the climate is so much better we can hang out in a park and have fun takling and eating. as for the date i am fine with anyday. plz reply :)

Chella Nathan, May 15, 2012 @ 09:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

G'day all,

I'll be out for two weeks and back for cooking experiences by the end of the month, please contact me for coming activities, tks'

alexandre

079 243-4657

www.alerizzo.com

G'day all,

I'll be out for two weeks and back for cooking experiences by the end of the month, please contact me for coming activities, tks'

alexandre

079 243-4657

www.alerizzo.com

Ale Rizzo, May 15, 2012 @ 20:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
24 Replies | 1293 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form