Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Exchange Things > Your Sicilian for my English/French/piano skills

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Your Sicilian for my English/French/piano skills

Ciao a tutti! I would like to learn some basic Sicilian for a special project I'm working on. I already speak Italian, but have no knowledge of Sicilian. In return, I can offer my English (native speaker), French (fluent) or musical skills (piano).

The text you are quoting:

Ciao a tutti! I would like to learn some basic Sicilian for a special project I'm working on. I already speak Italian, but have no knowledge of Sicilian. In return, I can offer my English (native speaker), French (fluent) or musical skills (piano).

Danielle TFeb 1, 2016 @ 12:35
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 950 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Your Sicilian for my English/French/piano skills
Post 1

Hi Danielle,

Could you be a bit more specific about your project? What would you need Sicilian for? Sicilian is not really the same in each city/village... there are some differences in words used, intotation etc.. (PS: I am from Palermo)

Astrid

Hi Danielle,

Could you be a bit more specific about your project? What would you need Sicilian for? Sicilian is not really the same in each city/village... there are some differences in words used, intotation etc.. (PS: I am from Palermo)

Astrid

Astrid P, Feb 1, 2016 @ 15:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Danielle

Try watching Il Giovene Montalbano each Saturday night on BBCVI as this is Sicilian spoken presumably as it should be, with English subtitles. Superb series and well worth watching in any case, even if one does not wish to learn Sicilian!

Hi Danielle

Try watching Il Giovene Montalbano each Saturday night on BBCVI as this is Sicilian spoken presumably as it should be, with English subtitles. Superb series and well worth watching in any case, even if one does not wish to learn Sicilian!

sheila c, Feb 2, 2016 @ 17:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Actually the series Moltalbano is spoken in Italian with a couple of Sicilian words occasionally here and there... otherwise nobody would understand.... ;)

Actually the series Moltalbano is spoken in Italian with a couple of Sicilian words occasionally here and there... otherwise nobody would understand.... ;)

Astrid P, Feb 2, 2016 @ 18:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Danielle, I am from Messina and I can help you, please reply if you're interested. Cheers, Fabrizio

Hi Danielle, I am from Messina and I can help you, please reply if you're interested. Cheers, Fabrizio

Fabrizio M, Feb 4, 2016 @ 22:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 950 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form