Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > 5àsec the WORST dry-cleaning ever!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
5àsec the WORST dry-cleaning ever!!

Look how 5àsec in Balexert has spoiled my vest!!! This is simply unacceptible! 

It was ABSOLUTELY BRAND NEW  vest costing 160CHF. + I payed for dry-cleaning about 30CHF.

When I complained to them they simply replied 'we did not guaranty this, this is not our problem'

NEVER EVER GO TO 5àsec! I wish I could sue them! 

The text you are quoting:

It was ABSOLUTELY BRAND NEW  vest costing 160CHF. + I payed for dry-cleaning about 30CHF.

When I complained to them they simply replied 'we did not guaranty this, this is not our problem'

Andy AJan 14, 2015 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

19 Replies | 1926 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: 5àsec the WORST dry-cleaning ever!!
Post 1

Wow. Which one did you go to?

I usually use the team in Balexert and so far did not have any problem.

This looks like that the iron was too hot??

Wow. Which one did you go to?

I usually use the team in Balexert and so far did not have any problem.

This looks like that the iron was too hot??

Reka Y, Jan 14, 2015 @ 18:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I wrote that it was in Balexert shopping centre.

I don't know whether it was ironed or not. There was a metal tag with a brand and now it is torn off as you can see from the photo above.

I wrote that it was in Balexert shopping centre.

I don't know whether it was ironed or not. There was a metal tag with a brand and now it is torn off as you can see from the photo above.

Andy A, Jan 14, 2015 @ 18:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Don't just give up. Contact the FRC, Federation romande des consommateurs.

http://www.frc.ch/

You could also try threatening them with a lawyer. This is totally unacceptable and I detest the laissez-faire attitude over here when no one admits they are in the wrong.

Don't just give up. Contact the FRC, Federation romande des consommateurs.

http://www.frc.ch/

You could also try threatening them with a lawyer. This is totally unacceptable and I detest the laissez-faire attitude over here when no one admits they are in the wrong.

delseta9_, Jan 14, 2015 @ 19:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

It’s difficult to know what you mean exactly by “vest” but if the garment was “brand new” why did it need to be dry-cleaned?  Had it been worn?  Had it got stained?

In any event, most people who pay that much for a “vest”

would go to a specialized dry cleaners rather than a run-of-the-mill chain outlet.

It’s difficult to know what you mean exactly by “vest” but if the garment was “brand new” why did it need to be dry-cleaned?  Had it been worn?  Had it got stained?

In any event, most people who pay that much for a “vest”

would go to a specialized dry cleaners rather than a run-of-the-mill chain outlet.

Ritchie, Jan 14, 2015 @ 19:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

What kind of specialized dry cleaners do you mean?? I don't know any.

I must admit that 30 CHF is not cheap for a down vest. Baechler must be costing same price.

When you buy a brand new coat or down vest or whatever you give it first to a dry cleaners cause people in the shop try it on and it is not clean any more if you know what I mean.

What kind of specialized dry cleaners do you mean?? I don't know any.

I must admit that 30 CHF is not cheap for a down vest. Baechler must be costing same price.

When you buy a brand new coat or down vest or whatever you give it first to a dry cleaners cause people in the shop try it on and it is not clean any more if you know what I mean.

Andy A, Jan 14, 2015 @ 19:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I will contact FRC for sure. This will not go without punishment cause impunity persists.

Or as you mention a lawyer might be a good idea.

I will contact FRC for sure. This will not go without punishment cause impunity persists.

Andy A, Jan 14, 2015 @ 19:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Jan 14, 15 19:35

well, 500 CHF per hour for a lawyer.

And if you read the terms and conditions, they do not take responsibility for tags, buttons etc.

well, 500 CHF per hour for a lawyer.

And if you read the terms and conditions, they do not take responsibility for tags, buttons etc.

Reka Y, Jan 14, 2015 @ 22:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

True.But this is the case only if you do not hold Personal Legal protection Insurance for such cases.

And unfortunately I do not hold it.

True.But this is the case only if you do not hold Personal Legal protection Insurance for such cases.

And unfortunately I do not hold it.

Andy A, Jan 14, 2015 @ 22:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Again, read the terms and conditions. I am pretty sure that tags and buttons etc. are excluded from liability.

It is really annoying but I think even their responsibility will be limited. A couple of times of the cleaning fee. So probably you will have more time investment than a succesful return but try if you have the time on your hands.

Again, read the terms and conditions. I am pretty sure that tags and buttons etc. are excluded from liability.

It is really annoying but I think even their responsibility will be limited. A couple of times of the cleaning fee. So probably you will have more time investment than a succesful return but try if you have the time on your hands.

Reka Y, Jan 14, 2015 @ 22:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

As I tried to indicate earlier, if you give an expensive garment to a one-price-suits-all dry- cleaner, you can’t expect hand-finished service, so

I doubt that even a costly lawyer will be able to help you much.  Dry-cleaning is a tricky skill and you get what you pay for.

It’s also well known that many prêt-à-porter boutique clothes are difficult to clean or wash because you pay for the design and the label, not for durability, so that’s something to check out before you buy.

I would certainly report the incident to the FRC but if you finally have to accept that this has been an expensive lesson, resolve to discuss your rights before you hand over your goods and/or cash to anyone anywhere.

As I tried to indicate earlier, if you give an expensive garment to a one-price-suits-all dry- cleaner, you can’t expect hand-finished service, so

I doubt that even a costly lawyer will be able to help you much.  Dry-cleaning is a tricky skill and you get what you pay for.

It’s also well known that many prêt-à-porter boutique clothes are difficult to clean or wash because you pay for the design and the label, not for durability, so that’s something to check out before you buy.

I would certainly report the incident to the FRC but if you finally have to accept that this has been an expensive lesson, resolve to discuss your rights before you hand over your goods and/or cash to anyone anywhere.

Ritchie, Jan 14, 2015 @ 23:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

I've also heard that 5asec is bad and they spoiled clothes of my several friends. I personally haven't used their services and not planning to. Thank you for your post here and I am sorry for your unpleasant experience! People should be aware of such ridiculous cases!!!

I've also heard that 5asec is bad and they spoiled clothes of my several friends. I personally haven't used their services and not planning to. Thank you for your post here and I am sorry for your unpleasant experience! People should be aware of such ridiculous cases!!!

Ally Y, Jan 15, 2015 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Oh my gosh! I'm never going to use 5asec dry cleaners. It's like taking your car to a garage and then having the door handles missing. Awful, awful, awful!

Oh my gosh! I'm never going to use 5asec dry cleaners. It's like taking your car to a garage and then having the door handles missing. Awful, awful, awful!

no.38, Jan 15, 2015 @ 10:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

That would have never happened to a high quality garment at a professional dry-cleaner.

That being said, I find overpriced and poor quality clothing at too many of the Swiss department stores. They usually do not even have the country of origin tags on most of the garments sold here either. I expected the Swiss to have better regulations on something like that. 

Equally, I have had a poor experience with the same dry-cleaner in a different location.

One would think that in a country where you need a higher education and permit to fart, there should at least be a competent person at the overpriced, low-quality dry-cleaner. 

We can trust that the cheese, watches, pocket knives and chocolate are most likely Swiss.

Seriously, sorry about your bad experience. You are not alone in your frustration.

That would have never happened to a high quality garment at a professional dry-cleaner.

That being said, I find overpriced and poor quality clothing at too many of the Swiss department stores. They usually do not even have the country of origin tags on most of the garments sold here either. I expected the Swiss to have better regulations on something like that. 

Equally, I have had a poor experience with the same dry-cleaner in a different location.

One would think that in a country where you need a higher education and permit to fart, there should at least be a competent person at the overpriced, low-quality dry-cleaner. 

We can trust that the cheese, watches, pocket knives and chocolate are most likely Swiss.

Seriously, sorry about your bad experience. You are not alone in your frustration.

Tim G, Jan 15, 2015 @ 12:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Probably a bit late for the original poster but I'd recommend Sequoia in Ferney, near the Leclerc supermarket.  Good value, especially thanks to the rocketing Swiss franc.

Probably a bit late for the original poster but I'd recommend Sequoia in Ferney, near the Leclerc supermarket.  Good value, especially thanks to the rocketing Swiss franc.

Ray C, Jan 17, 2015 @ 00:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Jan 14, 15 17:34

The wear on the jacket, the fraying, and the wear on the zips suggests that it wasn't new in the first place. 

The wear on the jacket, the fraying, and the wear on the zips suggests that it wasn't new in the first place. 

nickg_44, Jan 20, 2015 @ 17:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Jan 20, 15 17:06

You could have a point there.  I f the jacket was “brand new”, why did it need to be dry-cleaned?  

You could have a point there.  I f the jacket was “brand new”, why did it need to be dry-cleaned?  

Ritchie, Jan 20, 2015 @ 17:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Another reason to get Legal Protection insurance. It's cheap, and gives you free access to legal advice and to legal claims if you make any. 

From my limited experience, it's sometimes enough that the lawyer writes a scary letter to the business place, and things start moving differently then. 

I'm talking in general terms tho. I don't know if in this specific case, legal action is the way to go. 

Another reason to get Legal Protection insurance. It's cheap, and gives you free access to legal advice and to legal claims if you make any. 

From my limited experience, it's sometimes enough that the lawyer writes a scary letter to the business place, and things start moving differently then. 

I'm talking in general terms tho. I don't know if in this specific case, legal action is the way to go. 

Nir Ofek, Jan 20, 2015 @ 18:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

I had problems with 5asec at Servette as well. They spoiled 2 pulloveres of mine and didnot want to take any responsability no excuse. I complained to the top management and was recompensated and got excuses as well.

I had problems with 5asec at Servette as well. They spoiled 2 pulloveres of mine and didnot want to take any responsability no excuse. I complained to the top management and was recompensated and got excuses as well.

olti o, Jan 21, 2015 @ 10:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

Swiss "customer service" in a nutshell:

Customer is never right.

Swiss "customer service" in a nutshell: