Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Best hiking near chamonix??

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Best hiking near chamonix??

Hi guys 

Any suggestions on best hiking routes around chamonix?

Not too difficult level.

Thank you 

Dan

The text you are quoting:

Hi guys 

Any suggestions on best hiking routes around chamonix?

Not too difficult level.

Thank you 

Dan

Daniel sSep 22, 2014 @ 16:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1230 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Best hiking near chamonix??
Post 1

On June 7th, we took the cable car up to the Aiguilled du Midi to admire the spectacular view - then rode down to the Plan de l'Aiguille from where we hiked to the Mer de Glace: an amazing hike. We took the train down to the village frmom Montenvers but one can also hike down.

Check out the photos posted to the event (Lausanne). Karin

On June 7th, we took the cable car up to the Aiguilled du Midi to admire the spectacular view - then rode down to the Plan de l'Aiguille from where we hiked to the Mer de Glace: an amazing hike. We took the train down to the village frmom Montenvers but one can also hike down.

Check out the photos posted to the event (Lausanne). Karin

Karin E, Sep 22, 2014 @ 17:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

If you drive through Chamonix up into the higher Vallorcine valley it is very nice (many hikes starting from here, including up to mountain tops with nice views) with a lot fewer tourists in my experience.

If you drive through Chamonix up into the higher Vallorcine valley it is very nice (many hikes starting from here, including up to mountain tops with nice views) with a lot fewer tourists in my experience.

Mark H, Sep 22, 2014 @ 21:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Daniel, there are so many amazing hikes in that area. as Mark said, Vallorcine is amazing. Or even before Chamonix, you can hike from Sallanches or Passy with incredible Mont Blanc views. There are also many hikes from Chamonix itself.

Assuming you don't want to buy a guide book, you can get very good advice from the local tourist information offices in any of these areas. In order to pick the right route, think about how many hours you want to hike for? How much climbing you want to do? Are you fit? Do you prefer to be on a very easy trail or can you handle something more challenging? Give this info to the local tourist advisor and they'll help you pick a suitable route. Enjoy :-)

Daniel, there are so many amazing hikes in that area. as Mark said, Vallorcine is amazing. Or even before Chamonix, you can hike from Sallanches or Passy with incredible Mont Blanc views. There are also many hikes from Chamonix itself.

Assuming you don't want to buy a guide book, you can get very good advice from the local tourist information offices in any of these areas. In order to pick the right route, think about how many hours you want to hike for? How much climbing you want to do? Are you fit? Do you prefer to be on a very easy trail or can you handle something more challenging? Give this info to the local tourist advisor and they'll help you pick a suitable route. Enjoy :-)

Amy Soska, Sep 23, 2014 @ 08:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I like the ones where you can hike to a hut for lunch. Two good ones are from the top of the Flegere or Index lift to Lac Blanc Refuge (Index is easier), or from the top of the Brevent lift to Refuge Bellachat, and then down to the valley floor. You've missed the lifts for this year though I think.

I like the ones where you can hike to a hut for lunch. Two good ones are from the top of the Flegere or Index lift to Lac Blanc Refuge (Index is easier), or from the top of the Brevent lift to Refuge Bellachat, and then down to the valley floor. You've missed the lifts for this year though I think.

Steven T, Sep 23, 2014 @ 09:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi guys 

Thank you for all the advice.

We did the Plan de l'Aiguille to the Mer de Glace, which was one of the best hikes of my life REALLY Really amazing. Highly recomended.

some pics below

Daniel

Hi guys 

Thank you for all the advice.

We did the Plan de l'Aiguille to the Mer de Glace, which was one of the best hikes of my life REALLY Really amazing. Highly recomended.

some pics below

Daniel

Daniel s, Sep 24, 2014 @ 11:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1230 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form