Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > CHRISTMAS EMERGENCY! HELP APPRECIATED!!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
CHRISTMAS EMERGENCY! HELP APPRECIATED!!!

Hey everyone!,

I am in a bit of a christmas crisis and I would gladly receive any tips or help to get me out of it - I volunteered on a late notice to cook a christmas dinner, however my freezer has defrosted and now the turkey I bought is ruined.. 

The coop's I visited today are all out of Turkeys, so does anyone have an alternative way to get one? I am desperate so any tips would be helpful, maybe someone has an extra one or want to earn a quick buck (maybe someone just found out their cousin's vegan?) 

Super grateful for any tips, I would really appreciate it!!! 

Olivia

The text you are quoting:

Hey everyone!,

I am in a bit of a christmas crisis and I would gladly receive any tips or help to get me out of it - I volunteered on a late notice to cook a christmas dinner, however my freezer has defrosted and now the turkey I bought is ruined.. 

The coop's I visited today are all out of Turkeys, so does anyone have an alternative way to get one? I am desperate so any tips would be helpful, maybe someone has an extra one or want to earn a quick buck (maybe someone just found out their cousin's vegan?) 

Super grateful for any tips, I would really appreciate it!!! 

Olivia

olivia oDec 21, 2017 @ 22:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1014 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: CHRISTMAS EMERGENCY! HELP APPRECIATED!!!
Post 1

Poor you! What a disaster. Have you tried one of the nearby French supermarkets Luke Carrefour in Ferney Voltaire?

My other advice if you oven is big enough would be to cook two large chickens or maybe a small poussin/quail for each person, so everyone has their own 'roast turkey' 

Or you could cook the turkey now and take a photo of it in all its glory, and then slice it and have it cold. You can then show your guests the pic and make a joke of it!

Hope you manage to sort something out!

Poor you! What a disaster. Have you tried one of the nearby French supermarkets Luke Carrefour in Ferney Voltaire?

My other advice if you oven is big enough would be to cook two large chickens or maybe a small poussin/quail for each person, so everyone has their own 'roast turkey' 

Or you could cook the turkey now and take a photo of it in all its glory, and then slice it and have it cold. You can then show your guests the pic and make a joke of it!

Hope you manage to sort something out!

cliff h, Dec 22, 2017 @ 07:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Have you tried Aligro?

Have you tried Aligro?

Sinan, Dec 22, 2017 @ 09:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Have you tried Aligro?

Dec 22, 17 09:12

You could also insert an ad. in the Classifieds!  Maybe someone has a bird to spare in their freezer.

Good luck, R.

You could also insert an ad. in the Classifieds!  Maybe someone has a bird to spare in their freezer.

Good luck, R.

Ritchie, Dec 22, 2017 @ 10:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Aligro :  Geneva

Dinde Fermière de Bourgogne
kg
16 %

Aligro :  Geneva

Dinde Fermière de Bourgogne
kg
16 %

Basil F, Dec 22, 2017 @ 11:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Nearby France (Annemasse, Ferney, Divonne) will have plenty of turkeys to sell until Sunday lunchtime. Ferney has a lovely market on Saturdays.

Nearby France (Annemasse, Ferney, Divonne) will have plenty of turkeys to sell until Sunday lunchtime. Ferney has a lovely market on Saturdays.

hay_, Dec 22, 2017 @ 17:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1014 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form