Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Chômage "legal" issue

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Chômage "legal" issue

Hello,

I had to resign from my job for medical reasons (I have the certificate) on April, with actual termination at the end of June.
Of course before resigning, I wanted to know all my obbligations in order to properly register under chomage, and so I called them.
I was told to start to look jobs anyway during the 2 months notice (as stated in the working contract).

I also informed myself through the officlal swiss authorites website.
https://www.ch.ch/en/unemployment-rights-and-obligations/

I was anyway looking for jobs already in March anbd April, but I was told to proof only the one of May and June, as also stated in the unemployment right and obligations above, where it states that I am obblied to look for jobs already during my 2 months notice period, which is effective at the end of the month. I'm literally, not obblied to look it on April when I resigned, but at the end of the month, when the 2 months notice kicks in.

Infact during my first appointment for the registration I was provided with 2 blank papers for may and june, and I was told to fill them up. 
And so I did, and then I've provided them to my consultant, who didn't mention of any missing job research during our first appointment ( I am sure she would have mentioned it immediately if there was a problem, as the pdf where scan where wide open on her screen during the appointment. You would see 1 missing out of 3, if that was really the case).

However I now received a penality where I won't get money for X days, because I didn't provide papers for April.

I stated the facts, my rights and obbligations to the chomage, but it seems they are ignoring the informations which are provided to the citizen and the verbal information that I was given (unfortunately I can't proof them, expect the possible recorded phone call).
On their defense, they don't care, as I was expected to look for a job on April, as I have to do everything possible in order to find a job.

I understand that, but then why provide wrong info? write and tell me that I have to provide proof starting from the same day, and not at the end as written above.
I unfortunatelly didn't provided any papers, as I was told not to do it (even though I did search for jobs, maybe not 10, I don't remember). 
But still, I am not obblied to proof April, as stated on the swiss authority website.

And the excuse of ï should have done "everything possible" is not a good arguments, as it can be used against me in many ways.
Am I not allowed to travell on the weekend because I was supposed to find a job?
Can I enjoy an evening outside, or I need to look for a job? 
I am allowed to 5 days of holydays every 60 working days while being under chomage. If I take them, are they gonna penalize me with the excuse that I should have done everything possible to look for a job?
It looks like they are ignoring my rights, and now I am afraid that they can do whatever they want, against a foreigner who supposely doesnt know the language and the law.

is there something I can do? 

Cheers

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I had to resign from my job for medical reasons (I have the certificate) on April, with actual termination at the end of June.
Of course before resigning, I wanted to know all my obbligations in order to properly register under chomage, and so I called them.
I was told to start to look jobs anyway during the 2 months notice (as stated in the working contract).

I also informed myself through the officlal swiss authorites website.
https://www.ch.ch/en/unemployment-rights-and-obligations/

I was anyway looking for jobs already in March anbd April, but I was told to proof only the one of May and June, as also stated in the unemployment right and obligations above, where it states that I am obblied to look for jobs already during my 2 months notice period, which is effective at the end of the month. I'm literally, not obblied to look it on April when I resigned, but at the end of the month, when the 2 months notice kicks in.

Infact during my first appointment for the registration I was provided with 2 blank papers for may and june, and I was told to fill them up. 
And so I did, and then I've provided them to my consultant, who didn't mention of any missing job research during our first appointment ( I am sure she would have mentioned it immediately if there was a problem, as the pdf where scan where wide open on her screen during the appointment. You would see 1 missing out of 3, if that was really the case).

However I now received a penality where I won't get money for X days, because I didn't provide papers for April.

I stated the facts, my rights and obbligations to the chomage, but it seems they are ignoring the informations which are provided to the citizen and the verbal information that I was given (unfortunately I can't proof them, expect the possible recorded phone call).
On their defense, they don't care, as I was expected to look for a job on April, as I have to do everything possible in order to find a job.

I understand that, but then why provide wrong info? write and tell me that I have to provide proof starting from the same day, and not at the end as written above.
I unfortunatelly didn't provided any papers, as I was told not to do it (even though I did search for jobs, maybe not 10, I don't remember). 
But still, I am not obblied to proof April, as stated on the swiss authority website.

And the excuse of ï should have done "everything possible" is not a good arguments, as it can be used against me in many ways.
Am I not allowed to travell on the weekend because I was supposed to find a job?
Can I enjoy an evening outside, or I need to look for a job? 
I am allowed to 5 days of holydays every 60 working days while being under chomage. If I take them, are they gonna penalize me with the excuse that I should have done everything possible to look for a job?
It looks like they are ignoring my rights, and now I am afraid that they can do whatever they want, against a foreigner who supposely doesnt know the language and the law.

is there something I can do? 

Cheers

daniel fJul 19, 2018 @ 11:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1223 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Chômage "legal" issue
Post 1

Why not just provide them with the paper for April then?  Just go down to the office, tell them you were never asked to provide it and you will gladly provide the searches for April if they print out the correct form for you.  They are just following their administrative approach, abide by their process and you will be fine.

Getting frustrated with them won't bring any repopnse from the system unfortunately.  Imagine you were dealing with a computer that will only respond to the correct process and you will find it a far easier journey.  

Why not just provide them with the paper for April then?  Just go down to the office, tell them you were never asked to provide it and you will gladly provide the searches for April if they print out the correct form for you.  They are just following their administrative approach, abide by their process and you will be fine.

Getting frustrated with them won't bring any repopnse from the system unfortunately.  Imagine you were dealing with a computer that will only respond to the correct process and you will find it a far easier journey.  

hucklewoo, Jul 19, 2018 @ 12:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Because as I was never asked for the April papers, I have not written down anything.

I did phone calls, asked around, compiled online form, which not always they send you an answer by email saying you did apply, and through many different website.

Unfortunately I can only find one from April who sent confirmation, and therefore, unfortunatelly I can't provide the "april paper".

And they are violating my rights, why should I pay for it? I don't think as they are Chomage, they can break the law and do what they want, and I have to keep quiet and obbey. Why this passive attitude?
And as I said, by doing this, the can do it again for whichever reason they want, as for example the holidays, which are part of my rights for me to take 5 of them every 60 days.
But will they give me penality cause I didn't do everything possible to look for a job (I have been told of episodes like this). I don't want to go through this process with this fear, keeping my head down during the whole time, and have injustice done towards me, to which I just have to keep quiet.

Therefore is there some "organ" of the chomahe who I can talk to, who defends my rights?

Thanks

Because as I was never asked for the April papers, I have not written down anything.

I did phone calls, asked around, compiled online form, which not always they send you an answer by email saying you did apply, and through many different website.

Unfortunately I can only find one from April who sent confirmation, and therefore, unfortunatelly I can't provide the "april paper".

And they are violating my rights, why should I pay for it? I don't think as they are Chomage, they can break the law and do what they want, and I have to keep quiet and obbey. Why this passive attitude?
And as I said, by doing this, the can do it again for whichever reason they want, as for example the holidays, which are part of my rights for me to take 5 of them every 60 days.
But will they give me penality cause I didn't do everything possible to look for a job (I have been told of episodes like this). I don't want to go through this process with this fear, keeping my head down during the whole time, and have injustice done towards me, to which I just have to keep quiet.

Therefore is there some "organ" of the chomahe who I can talk to, who defends my rights?

Thanks

daniel f, Jul 19, 2018 @ 13:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

There’s a very basic procedure that everyone should observe when handling employment, rental, medical and other similar issues:  make copies of all correspondence and notes of all oral contacts such as interviews, telephone calls and conversations with civil servants, HR staff, medics, etc.  Ask for his or her name (and if there’s any reluctance to provide such information make a note of that too).

In other words, you build up a dossier of where you’ve been and when, who you talked to and what they said.  This may be tiresome and time-consuming but it could provide valuable evidence that you have indeed been actively searching for new employment and doing your best to comply with the regulations.

I’d also like to ask you if the medical condition that prompted your resignation also engendered sick leave while you were employed.  And has it hampered your job-hunt? Such data could have a bearing on your rights.

Apart from a dossier’s obvious value, officials behind a counter often amend their own stance when a claimant arrives clutching a bulky file.  That can prompt them to be somewhat more circumspect in their response to questions since there’s a fair chance that their answers will be recorded.

That said, all the best in your search for a new job, R.

There’s a very basic procedure that everyone should observe when handling employment, rental, medical and other similar issues:  make copies of all correspondence and notes of all oral contacts such as interviews, telephone calls and conversations with civil servants, HR staff, medics, etc.  Ask for his or her name (and if there’s any reluctance to provide such information make a note of that too).

In other words, you build up a dossier of where you’ve been and when, who you talked to and what they said.  This may be tiresome and time-consuming but it could provide valuable evidence that you have indeed been actively searching for new employment and doing your best to comply with the regulations.

I’d also like to ask you if the medical condition that prompted your resignation also engendered sick leave while you were employed.  And has it hampered your job-hunt? Such data could have a bearing on your rights.

Apart from a dossier’s obvious value, officials behind a counter often amend their own stance when a claimant arrives clutching a bulky file.  That can prompt them to be somewhat more circumspect in their response to questions since there’s a fair chance that their answers will be recorded.

That said, all the best in your search for a new job, R.

Ritchie, Jul 19, 2018 @ 19:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1223 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form