Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Football topic - SA captain's death

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Football topic - SA captain's death

For those interested in football [I am not, but always interested in events in SA of course]has anyone else seen the BBC news today reporting that the captain of the SA national team has been shot dead just south of Johannesburg? What a pity such a beautiful country is spiralling into more and more violence.

The text you are quoting:

For those interested in football [I am not, but always interested in events in SA of course]has anyone else seen the BBC news today reporting that the captain of the SA national team has been shot dead just south of Johannesburg? What a pity such a beautiful country is spiralling into more and more violence.

sheila cOct 27, 2014 @ 11:49
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

35 Replies | 1611 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Football topic - SA captain's death
Post 1

Its true sheila but we see violence everyday in Europe, what about those hundreds of people who die in the Ukraine. Isnt that violence in Europe. There is much more violence in Europe than you can imagine.

Its true sheila but we see violence everyday in Europe, what about those hundreds of people who die in the Ukraine. Isnt that violence in Europe. There is much more violence in Europe than you can imagine.

Dorothy W, Oct 27, 2014 @ 17:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

What about this Amok in Estonia

And the crime rate which is going high in Switzerland

Funny when Oscar Pistorius shot his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentin's day you didnt comment.

Those crimes are in Europe not in South Africa.

Funny when Oscar Pistorius shot his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentin's day you didnt comment.

Dorothy W, Oct 27, 2014 @ 17:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Say what, now????????? Drank too much Amarula??

Say what, now????????? Drank too much Amarula??

Casuistik, Oct 27, 2014 @ 19:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Exactly those crimes are in Europe not in South Africa.

Sheila mentioned that a pity such a beautiful country is spiralling into more and more violence.

Yea I have lots of Amarula here but I dont drink it as I dont drink alcohol.

Exactly those crimes are in Europe not in South Africa.

Sheila mentioned that a pity such a beautiful country is spiralling into more and more violence.

Yea I have lots of Amarula here but I dont drink it as I dont drink alcohol.

Dorothy W, Oct 27, 2014 @ 21:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Oct 27, 14 17:57

Do you genuinely think that most of the crime in Switzerland is committed by Swiss people ?

95% of inmates in Swiss jails are foreigners.

Do drug dealers in Geneva or Lausanne look 'European' (?) to you? Robbers, rapists, murderers?

Crime was never so low in Europe before that crooked politicians opened the doors to third-world multiculturalism.

Btw South Africa was much more peaceful when it was ruled by 'Europeans'.

Do you genuinely think that most of the crime in Switzerland is committed by Swiss people ?

Do drug dealers in Geneva or Lausanne look 'European' (?) to you? Robbers, rapists, murderers?

Crime was never so low in Europe before that crooked politicians opened the doors to third-world multiculturalism.

Albin Pinard, Oct 27, 2014 @ 21:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

The South African athlete Oscar Pistorius murdered his South African GF Reeva Steenkamp at his South African home (Pretoria)...

You should drink more alcohol...

The South African athlete Oscar Pistorius murdered his South African GF Reeva Steenkamp at his South African home (Pretoria)...

You should drink more alcohol...

Casuistik, Oct 27, 2014 @ 21:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

If a person doesn’t drink alcohol, he/she can’t drink more of it.

If a person doesn’t drink alcohol, he/she can’t drink more of it.

Ritchie, Oct 27, 2014 @ 22:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

You tell me... In French, it sounds a bit odd too, although not entirely wrong. I mean drinking alcohol is drinking more alcohol than not drinking alcohol at all, no?

You tell me... In French, it sounds a bit odd too, although not entirely wrong. I mean drinking alcohol is drinking more alcohol than not drinking alcohol at all, no?

Casuistik, Oct 27, 2014 @ 22:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
more

adjective ˈmȯr

1: greater in amount, number, or size

2: extra or additional

more

adjective ˈmȯr

1: greater in amount, number, or size

2: extra or additional

Casuistik, Oct 27, 2014 @ 22:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Oct 27, 14 22:39

I think what you mean is that an abstinent should renounce the pledge.

But let’s not forget that some folk have to be TT for health reasons.

I think what you mean is that an abstinent should renounce the pledge.

But let’s not forget that some folk have to be TT for health reasons.

Ritchie, Oct 27, 2014 @ 22:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Oct 27, 14 21:04

I guess I know Switzerland 100% as I also speak the language of the area I stay. Am also aware of the high crime rate which is not commited by the Swiss. I never said that crime was commited by Swiss. I have never robbed, raped nor murdered anybody and I have never been to jail so I dont know who is there, I guess you know more than I do. But one thing I know in Switzerland racism is forbidden, and Im sending the local newspapers the links of this forum. According to the biggest national newspaper a few days ago Expats cannot find friends in Switzerland, but that they discriminate other people as well, there was no mention of that. So I would like them to know the truth. And for your information this is my country and I feel at home here.

I guess I know Switzerland 100% as I also speak the language of the area I stay. Am also aware of the high crime rate which is not commited by the Swiss. I never said that crime was commited by Swiss. I have never robbed, raped nor murdered anybody and I have never been to jail so I dont know who is there, I guess you know more than I do. But one thing I know in Switzerland racism is forbidden, and Im sending the local newspapers the links of this forum. According to the biggest national newspaper a few days ago Expats cannot find friends in Switzerland, but that they discriminate other people as well, there was no mention of that. So I would like them to know the truth. And for your information this is my country and I feel at home here.

Dorothy W, Oct 28, 2014 @ 01:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Oct 28, 14 01:38

Speaking the language doesn't necessary mean you "know Switerland 100%". Even Swiss people don't know Switerland 100% - I'm assuming here that typical arrogance from English-speaking expats.

I know better than you do on these subjects because I just keep my eyes open and read the statistics - which happen to be widely available in this country (they don't hide the truth about the effect of immigration on crime increase unlike France for example).

Now you're bringing the fact that Swiss people are discriminating. Of course they are, everyone is. I've been to Africa and I've seen more racism (among Africans to start with) that I've witnessed anywhere else. Stop pretending you're better in essence.

Now the Swiss can come across as cold but hey (1) their country is being invaded (2) most English-speaking expats can't even bother to speak French or German even after many years, not to mention they tend to stick to each other. Read that story - American teacher 39 yrs in CH still can't get a clue about his locality: http://www.srf.ch/news/regional/zentralschweiz/einsiedeln-verweigert-eth-professor-den-roten-pass

Glad to know this is your country - maybe stop moaning about its people then?

Speaking the language doesn't necessary mean you "know Switerland 100%". Even Swiss people don't know Switerland 100% - I'm assuming here that typical arrogance from English-speaking expats.

I know better than you do on these subjects because I just keep my eyes open and read the statistics - which happen to be widely available in this country (they don't hide the truth about the effect of immigration on crime increase unlike France for example).

Now you're bringing the fact that Swiss people are discriminating. Of course they are, everyone is. I've been to Africa and I've seen more racism (among Africans to start with) that I've witnessed anywhere else. Stop pretending you're better in essence.

Now the Swiss can come across as cold but hey (1) their country is being invaded (2) most English-speaking expats can't even bother to speak French or German even after many years, not to mention they tend to stick to each other. Read that story - American teacher 39 yrs in CH still can't get a clue about his locality: http://www.srf.ch/news/regional/zentralschweiz/einsiedeln-verweigert-eth-professor-den-roten-pass

Albin Pinard, Oct 28, 2014 @ 14:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Oct 28, 14 14:49

Wow! That's a pretty arrogant response from someone who is not Swiss.

And how about getting back to the original topic which has to do with football.

sheila c, Oct 28, 2014 @ 15:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

I'd rather be arrogant than ignorant.

Albin Pinard, Oct 28, 2014 @ 15:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Oct 28, 14 15:13

What's at stake has not much to do with football...

What's at stake has not much to do with football...

Casuistik, Oct 28, 2014 @ 16:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Oct 28, 14 15:57

And since when has one excluded the other?

Ritchie, Oct 28, 2014 @ 16:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Oct 28, 14 14:49

You are wrong, the ETH Professor from Einsiedeln has been given a second chance, and he doesnt have to answer to those questions he answered, he only has to know the 6 areas around Einsiedeln thats all.

And I never said Swiss were criminals but I have a few links for you who killed

Lucie in Baden = That was a young Swiss guy (Lucie was 16 year old)

Who killed Marie from Payerne that was also a young Swiss guy

Who killed his Therapist and afterwards ran with her car all over Europe and then arrested in Poland - That was a French guy

Claudia G was killed by her swiss husband and he digged a grave in the woods and buried her there.

There are much more. And I think you are even more ignorant and arrogant if you think I dont read statistics.

You are wrong, the ETH Professor from Einsiedeln has been given a second chance, and he doesnt have to answer to those questions he answered, he only has to know the 6 areas around Einsiedeln thats all.

Who killed his Therapist and afterwards ran with her car all over Europe and then arrested in Poland - That was a French guy

Claudia G was killed by her swiss husband and he digged a grave in the woods and buried her there.

There are much more. And I think you are even more ignorant and arrogant if you think I dont read statistics.

Dorothy W, Oct 28, 2014 @ 17:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Oct 28, 14 16:31

Exactly.

Exactly.

Albin Pinard, Oct 28, 2014 @ 17:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

May we direct you to the Englishforum.ch

You may well feel more at home there

sheila c, Oct 28, 2014 @ 17:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

Oct 28, 14 17:03

Well done - you've picked up on the only 3 common cases involving 'Swiss' (sometimes they're not so 'Swiss' btw) nationals. Obviously no country is crime-free. Don't pretend you're not getting it, we're talking about the impact of immigration on the increase of crime here. What has the French guy to do with it btw? He's a foreigner - you just scored an own goal (talking of football, eventually).

So no, there aren't much more, and you know it; now let's take the big picture:

- 92.8% of inmates at Champ-Dollon are foreigners (http://www.ghi.ch/le-journal/la-une/champ-dollon-92-des-prevenus-sont-etrangers)

- overall in Switzerland, more than 74% (2013, on constant rise) (http://www.bfs.admin.ch/bfs/portal/fr/index/themen/19/03/05/key/ueberblick/wichtigsten_zahlen.html)

Now if you don't understand that a 1/4 of the population are foreigners, while 3/4 of inmates are foreigners... I mean it's simple maths. Like you know, 90% of the crime is carried out in townships in SA... Like 50% of crime is committed by black people in London, when they only account for 13% of the population, etc...

In closing, you're definitely awarded the arrogant and ignorant prize.

Get a life.

Well done - you've picked up on the only 3 common cases involving 'Swiss' (sometimes they're not so 'Swiss' btw) nationals. Obviously no country is crime-free. Don't pretend you're not getting it, we're talking about the impact of immigration on the increase of crime here. What has the French guy to do with it btw? He's a foreigner - you just scored an own goal (talking of football, eventually).

- 92.8% of inmates at Champ-Dollon are foreigners (http://www.ghi.ch/le-journal/la-une/champ-dollon-92-des-prevenus-sont-etrangers)

- overall in Switzerland, more than 74% (2013, on constant rise) (http://www.bfs.admin.ch/bfs/portal/fr/index/themen/19/03/05/key/ueberblick/wichtigsten_zahlen.html)

Now if you don't understand that a 1/4 of the population are foreigners, while 3/4 of inmates are foreigners... I mean it's simple maths. Like you know, 90% of the crime is carried out in townships in SA... Like 50% of crime is committed by black people in London, when they only account for 13% of the population, etc...

Get a life.

Albin Pinard, Oct 28, 2014 @ 17:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Exactly.

Oct 28, 14 17:36

Methiks the point has been missed -- but then even cook-a-doodle doos can’t win them all.

Methiks the point has been missed -- but then even cook-a-doodle doos can’t win them all.

Ritchie, Oct 28, 2014 @ 18:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

Casuistik, Oct 28, 2014 @ 18:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

Just goes to show that when a Swiss puts his mind to it he leaves nothing to chance.

Just goes to show that when a Swiss puts his mind to it he leaves nothing to chance.

Ritchie, Oct 28, 2014 @ 18:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29809298

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29809298

Albin Pinard, Oct 29, 2014 @ 15:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

How did this thread dive down so quicky?

Sheila just asked if people heard about the South-Africa football captain dying, and from there is was "why don't you talk about Europe", "Why don't you admit immigrants are causing the issues in CH", and "what's the definition of more"...

Albin, Dorothy:

If you really want to discuss those other topics then open a thread focused on them, but don't do it on non-related threads. 

Nir

Sheila just asked if people heard about the South-Africa football captain dying, and from there is was "why don't you talk about Europe", "Why don't you admit immigrants are causing the issues in CH", and "what's the definition of more"...

Albin, Dorothy:

If you really want to discuss those other topics then open a thread focused on them, but don't do it on non-related threads. 

Nir

Nir Ofek, Oct 29, 2014 @ 16:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

The paranoiac-critical method is a surrealist technique developed by Salvado Dalí in the early 1930s. He employed it in the production of paintings and other artworks, especially those that involved optical illusions and other multiple images.

The aspect of paranoia that Dalí was interested in and which helped inspire the method was the ability of the brain to perceive links between things which rationally are not linked. Dalí described the paranoiac-critical method as a "spontaneous method of irrational knowledge based on the critical and systematic objectivity of the associations and interpretations of delirious phenomena."

The paranoiac-critical method is a surrealist technique developed by Salvado Dalí in the early 1930s. He employed it in the production of paintings and other artworks, especially those that involved optical illusions and other multiple images.

The aspect of paranoia that Dalí was interested in and which helped inspire the method was the ability of the brain to perceive links between things which rationally are not linked. Dalí described the paranoiac-critical method as a "spontaneous method of irrational knowledge based on the critical and systematic objectivity of the associations and interpretations of delirious phenomena."

Casuistik, Oct 29, 2014 @ 21:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

Oct 29, 14 21:46

Casu: I see a heavy Dali influence then on Dorothy and Albin...

Casu: I see a heavy Dali influence then on Dorothy and Albin...

Nir Ofek, Oct 30, 2014 @ 08:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

Albin, Dorothy:

Nir

Oct 29, 14 16:55

Fair enough.

Fair enough.

Albin Pinard, Nov 3, 2014 @ 16:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Oct 29, 14 21:46

Hey know-it-all you come across as the delusional, depressed, Wikipedia-quoting kind of person - fine that's quite entertaining actually.

Now tell me - when I see (mostly, if not exlusively) African people selling drugs in the streets of Lausanne, am I actually being paranoiac, am I witnessing a delirious phenomena? Same applies to the tons of statistics linking a certain type of immigration with crime, etc.

It's always amazing to see how Leftists are blinded by their ideology and deny reality.

Hey know-it-all you come across as the delusional, depressed, Wikipedia-quoting kind of person - fine that's quite entertaining actually.

Now tell me - when I see (mostly, if not exlusively) African people selling drugs in the streets of Lausanne, am I actually being paranoiac, am I witnessing a delirious phenomena? Same applies to the tons of statistics linking a certain type of immigration with crime, etc.

It's always amazing to see how Leftists are blinded by their ideology and deny reality.

Albin Pinard, Nov 3, 2014 @ 16:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

Oct 28, 14 17:41

What is it with Englishforum.ch?

What is it with Englishforum.ch?

Albin Pinard, Nov 3, 2014 @ 16:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

Nov 3, 14 16:08

Haha, know-it-all against know-it-better !!!

As Nir already wrote, your topics have nothing to do with the original thread. Maybe an idea for you both to get a beer together and continue your 'discussion' in private.

As Nir already wrote, your topics have nothing to do with the original thread. Maybe an idea for you both to get a beer together and continue your 'discussion' in private.

Jack B, Nov 3, 2014 @ 16:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

Nov 3, 14 16:08

You, on the other hand, seem like a bright young man; you are articulate, witty, open-minded  and charming. I don't get it why nobody seem to like you...

You, on the other hand, seem like a bright young man; you are articulate, witty, open-minded  and charming. I don't get it why nobody seem to like you...

Casuistik, Nov 3, 2014 @ 17:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

Nov 3, 14 16:36

And what has your post to do with the original thread?

And what has your post to do with the original thread?

Casuistik, Nov 3, 2014 @ 18:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Get a life.

Oct 28, 14 17:37

My goodness, where are on earth are you getting your so-called 'facts'?? Plus any person with a modiculm of intelligence knows how statistics can be manipulated to give a desired result. One only has to look at how the Nazis manipulated statistics and used propoganda in order to 'illustrate' how the Jews were responsible for most of the crimes in Germany.

My goodness, where are on earth are you getting your so-called 'facts'?? Plus any person with a modiculm of intelligence knows how statistics can be manipulated to give a desired result. One only has to look at how the Nazis manipulated statistics and used propoganda in order to 'illustrate' how the Jews were responsible for most of the crimes in Germany.

delseta9_, Nov 10, 2014 @ 12:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

Oct 27, 14 11:49

Unfortunately as Dorothey rightly pointed out, crime is on the up and up especially senseless crimes like this.

Unfortunately as Dorothey rightly pointed out, crime is on the up and up especially senseless crimes like this.

delseta9_, Nov 10, 2014 @ 12:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
35 Replies | 1611 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form