Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > How do they remove and sell Banksy art work

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
How do they remove and sell Banksy art work

Can some one tell me?  Am I right in assuming they cut the art work out of which ever section of wall he has painted on and sell the wall?

In the case of this grade II building in Cheltnam, they will cut a hole in the grade II building and restore that section?

The text you are quoting:

Can some one tell me?  Am I right in assuming they cut the art work out of which ever section of wall he has painted on and sell the wall?

In the case of this grade II building in Cheltnam, they will cut a hole in the grade II building and restore that section?

peakyJul 3, 2014 @ 11:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1865 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: How do they remove and sell Banksy art work
Post 1

Many people in the world asked the same question:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/features/how-do-you-remove-a-banksy-mural-9142482.html

Many people in the world asked the same question:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/features/how-do-you-remove-a-banksy-mural-9142482.html

Nir Ofek, Jul 3, 2014 @ 12:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Naive question: how does Banksy make money off its artwork when it is sold/auctioned, if the artist is anonymous?

Naive question: how does Banksy make money off its artwork when it is sold/auctioned, if the artist is anonymous?

Ines E, Jul 7, 2014 @ 09:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Well the other thing that crossed my mind, is how does he make money if he has painted on someone elses wall?  And why just because its Banksy is it ok to do it?  Isnt making money from illegal means forbidden?

Well the other thing that crossed my mind, is how does he make money if he has painted on someone elses wall?  And why just because its Banksy is it ok to do it?  Isnt making money from illegal means forbidden?

peaky, Jul 7, 2014 @ 10:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Jul 7, 14 09:58

banksy does not get any money from those pieces, these are gifts to the city, to the people, it's then the owner of the wall who decides to make business; all the t-shirts, the mugs, the postcards, that contain an image from banksy.. he gets none of it, you can print his stuff on your own merchandising and sell it in a market, as it has no copyright there are no copyrights to claim

i guess he doesn't need and care much about money, and when it comes to that i guess he just gets a couple of paintings to a gallery or prints a large edition for fans

and i'm sure everybody invites him for lunch, so one thing less to worry about (though it's more likely that he'd end up paying the bill)

banksy does not get any money from those pieces, these are gifts to the city, to the people, it's then the owner of the wall who decides to make business; all the t-shirts, the mugs, the postcards, that contain an image from banksy.. he gets none of it, you can print his stuff on your own merchandising and sell it in a market, as it has no copyright there are no copyrights to claim

i guess he doesn't need and care much about money, and when it comes to that i guess he just gets a couple of paintings to a gallery or prints a large edition for fans

and i'm sure everybody invites him for lunch, so one thing less to worry about (though it's more likely that he'd end up paying the bill)

rob rob, Oct 21, 2014 @ 20:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

On a side note... 

Graffiti Artist Banksy Arrested In London; Identity Revealed
 http://nationalreport.net/banksy-arrested-identity-revealed/

On a side note... 

Graffiti Artist Banksy Arrested In London; Identity Revealed
 http://nationalreport.net/banksy-arrested-identity-revealed/
Cécile V, Oct 22, 2014 @ 11:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Fake news Cécile, fortunately  ;))

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/banksy-arrest-hoax-internet-duped-by-fake-report-claiming-that-the-street-artists-identity-has-been-revealed-9806157.html

! Report to Admin
Post 7

thank god it's a hoax :)

thank god it's a hoax :)

rob rob, Oct 23, 2014 @ 20:19
Your Reply: