Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Lost key to my mailbox

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Lost key to my mailbox

Hi,

A very stupid situation: A friend of mine put some keys into my mailbox in the house where I am living. One of these keys is the key to the mailbox itself. We forgot that I have spare keys for everything else but not the mailbox... There is no way to get this key out.

Do you know if the regie typically has a spare key for this? Whom can I ask? The fact that my French is still very basic does not make it easier unfortunately...

Many thanks for your help! 

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

A very stupid situation: A friend of mine put some keys into my mailbox in the house where I am living. One of these keys is the key to the mailbox itself. We forgot that I have spare keys for everything else but not the mailbox... There is no way to get this key out.

Do you know if the regie typically has a spare key for this? Whom can I ask? The fact that my French is still very basic does not make it easier unfortunately...

Many thanks for your help! 

Ben KMay 3, 2017 @ 07:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1285 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Lost key to my mailbox
Post 1

You might have to enlist the help of a locksmith, but hopefully not as their call-out fees are high. Is there any way a child's hand might reach inside and fish them out for you?

You might have to enlist the help of a locksmith, but hopefully not as their call-out fees are high. Is there any way a child's hand might reach inside and fish them out for you?

sheila c, May 3, 2017 @ 12:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Or you may also use a magnet if the mailbox is not deep.

Call Mister Minit they can produce the dupliate key. Or ask the Concierge of the building he must have a solution.

Or you may also use a magnet if the mailbox is not deep.

Call Mister Minit they can produce the dupliate key. Or ask the Concierge of the building he must have a solution.

Chap, May 3, 2017 @ 12:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I’d ask the concièrge and if he can’t help then contact the Régie.  Better to get an officially issued key so that if ever you move out you will have an “authentic” key to hand on to the next tenant.

I’d ask the concièrge and if he can’t help then contact the Régie.  Better to get an officially issued key so that if ever you move out you will have an “authentic” key to hand on to the next tenant.

Ritchie, May 3, 2017 @ 13:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Or you can try one of those bendable shirt hangers. Bend it like a hook and see if you can fish out the keys. Thats what I did anyway.

Or you can try one of those bendable shirt hangers. Bend it like a hook and see if you can fish out the keys. Thats what I did anyway.

Toolz Ok, May 3, 2017 @ 15:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1285 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form