Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > SOS HELP ! moving to France, how to start the paperwork!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
SOS HELP ! moving to France, how to start the paperwork!

Hi,

I am planning to moving to France (not frontailer, but further) but I have no information about official things how and where to start? I was wondering if anybody would be able to explain me some stuff, step by step what do I have to organise.

Could you help me, or recommend one of your friend who is up to date in the subject?

Would appreciate a lot!

Thank you

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I am planning to moving to France (not frontailer, but further) but I have no information about official things how and where to start? I was wondering if anybody would be able to explain me some stuff, step by step what do I have to organise.

Could you help me, or recommend one of your friend who is up to date in the subject?

Would appreciate a lot!

Thank you

Gina FAug 30, 2017 @ 12:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1121 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: SOS HELP ! moving to France, how to start the paperwork!
Post 1

Bonjour !

Formalities depend on various things such as your objectives : Living and/or  working in France, etc  ...?

That could be a starting point i guess : https://geneve.consulfrance.org/   there is a phone number on the home page.

Hope that will help. 

Regards,

Chris

Bonjour !

Formalities depend on various things such as your objectives : Living and/or  working in France, etc  ...?

That could be a starting point i guess : https://geneve.consulfrance.org/   there is a phone number on the home page.

Hope that will help. 

Regards,

Chris

Chris c, Aug 30, 2017 @ 12:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

https://www.expatica.com/fr/visas-and-permits/A-guide-for-EU-EEA-Swiss-citizens-moving-to-France_109144.html

https://www.expatica.com/fr/visas-and-permits/A-guide-for-EU-EEA-Swiss-citizens-moving-to-France_109144.html

Reka Y, Aug 31, 2017 @ 09:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

https://www.expatica.com/fr/moving-to/moving-to-france-checklist-move-to-france_109102.html

there's a lot of information available on-line. i found these two very quickly.

it lists typical items like:

registering or not with the mairie

health care etc.

but I guess most things you will learn when you move and especially when you figure out that most public offices will not communicate in English but French. This is something you might not imagine since in Finland most people would speak English due to your excellent education system. 

https://www.expatica.com/fr/moving-to/moving-to-france-checklist-move-to-france_109102.html

there's a lot of information available on-line. i found these two very quickly.

it lists typical items like:

registering or not with the mairie

health care etc.

but I guess most things you will learn when you move and especially when you figure out that most public offices will not communicate in English but French. This is something you might not imagine since in Finland most people would speak English due to your excellent education system. 

Reka Y, Aug 31, 2017 @ 09:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Also, try the two most used websites for people living in France :

LivingFrance forum

FrenchEntree.forum

both are free to register and are a mine of information for those waiting to move here.

We have used them extensively in the past, but are now happily settled in the Haute Savoie, so no longer peruse the websites daily, only occasionally. If you need further help or guidance, feel free to send us a private email. Good luck ...... it's well worth it!!

Also, try the two most used websites for people living in France :

LivingFrance forum

FrenchEntree.forum

both are free to register and are a mine of information for those waiting to move here.

We have used them extensively in the past, but are now happily settled in the Haute Savoie, so no longer peruse the websites daily, only occasionally. If you need further help or guidance, feel free to send us a private email. Good luck ...... it's well worth it!!

sheila c, Aug 31, 2017 @ 15:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Gina

I have replied to your private message. Please see your inbox for detailed information.

Sheila

Gina

I have replied to your private message. Please see your inbox for detailed information.

Sheila

sheila c, Aug 31, 2017 @ 18:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

It is very discouraging when one offers help, both on the forum and subsequently privately, after which the person asking for assistance in the first place cannot be bothered to keep the appointment, or to apologise and explain why this happened.

Rather puts one off trying to help people if they simply vanish into thin air.

Don't think we will bother to offer help in future.

It is very discouraging when one offers help, both on the forum and subsequently privately, after which the person asking for assistance in the first place cannot be bothered to keep the appointment, or to apologise and explain why this happened.

Rather puts one off trying to help people if they simply vanish into thin air.

Don't think we will bother to offer help in future.

sheila c, Sep 4, 2017 @ 18:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1121 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form