Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Salt 4G/LTE mobile internet...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Salt 4G/LTE mobile internet...

Hi guys,

Would like to know if anyone's got experience with the (almost) new Salt internet mobile contract for home (4G/LTE). Is the download/upload speed decent?

Here's a link to the service :   salt.ch/fr/internet-home/

The text you are quoting:

Hi guys,

Would like to know if anyone's got experience with the (almost) new Salt internet mobile contract for home (4G/LTE). Is the download/upload speed decent?

Here's a link to the service :   salt.ch/fr/internet-home/

inskyApr 30, 2016 @ 20:32
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 3462 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Salt 4G/LTE mobile internet...
Post 1

Hello!

I am using it more than 1 year. I don't know what requirements do you have, but for me it works well.Usually all providers come with packages: internet, phone, tv. I don't use telephone and don't watch tv, so I didn't wanted to pay for them. I baught salt modem and subscribed for this contract.

I didn't measured the speed, but it is for sure ok for Skype,  Youtube, surfing etc. Also you can take it with yourself anywere! and have internet.

Sometimes (but really rearly) the speed a bit slow, but in general I am more than satisfied.

Hello!

I am using it more than 1 year. I don't know what requirements do you have, but for me it works well.Usually all providers come with packages: internet, phone, tv. I don't use telephone and don't watch tv, so I didn't wanted to pay for them. I baught salt modem and subscribed for this contract.

I didn't measured the speed, but it is for sure ok for Skype,  Youtube, surfing etc. Also you can take it with yourself anywere! and have internet.

Sometimes (but really rearly) the speed a bit slow, but in general I am more than satisfied.

Alex B, May 2, 2016 @ 11:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks for the input.

Could you test via speedtest (dot net) and let me know? I'm curious....

Thanks for the input.

Could you test via speedtest (dot net) and let me know? I'm curious....

insky, May 2, 2016 @ 12:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Download 35Mb/sec

Upload 27 Mb/sec 

Mb - megabits

Download 35Mb/sec

Upload 27 Mb/sec 

Mb - megabits

Alex B, May 2, 2016 @ 13:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello all,  thanks for this thread. I am looking into a new phone & internet options...Has anybody else tried the Salt 4G option? Or would you have a better mobile/home internet combo suggestions? 

Thanks a ton!

Elena 

Hello all,  thanks for this thread. I am looking into a new phone & internet options...Has anybody else tried the Salt 4G option? Or would you have a better mobile/home internet combo suggestions? 

Thanks a ton!

Elena 

Elena Z, Aug 11, 2016 @ 14:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

if you can have cablecom they have a home/mobile with unlimited phone and 100Mb fibre internet connection at sfr.90.- per month.

if you can have cablecom they have a home/mobile with unlimited phone and 100Mb fibre internet connection at sfr.90.- per month.

epicure, Aug 11, 2016 @ 14:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

That's a great tip Roger, thanks!

That's a great tip Roger, thanks!

berlinoise, Aug 11, 2016 @ 19:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Recently the speed of the Salt data that work has been deteriorating. This is mainly in the center of town, i.e. Geneva and especially the railway station or on the train going to work As you approach Geneva.   It seems that the network is getting overwhelmed during the rush hours. This has come about because Salt has been  selling a large number of subscriptions and the number of users has increased. Thus if they are transmitting at 500 Mb per second but that are 100 users on one transmission tower, each user will only get 5 Mb per second. in practice during the Motor show week the data speed dropled to literally zero i.e. no data transmission at all on 4G. 

I spoke with Salt they are aware of the problem. They said that they are doing their best to find ways to improve the coverage and the number of transmission towers. However the person that I spoke to did not know Eddie precise details as to how they object to solve the problem or any particular type of skill.

I spoke with Salt.  They are aware of the problem. They said that they are doing their best to find ways to improve the coverage and the number of transmission towers. However the person that I spoke to did not know any precise details as to how they expect to solve the problem or any particular timescale  

Therefore, if you are considering using salt and want to use your data in the area of Geneva Cornavin station, be aware that you will not get much of a signal and maybe nothing at all. 

4G would be great if nobody else used it, but in practice it is not better than 2G when the network is saturated. 

Recently the speed of the Salt data that work has been deteriorating. This is mainly in the center of town, i.e. Geneva and especially the railway station or on the train going to work As you approach Geneva.   It seems that the network is getting overwhelmed during the rush hours. This has come about because Salt has been  selling a large number of subscriptions and the number of users has increased. Thus if they are transmitting at 500 Mb per second but that are 100 users on one transmission tower, each user will only get 5 Mb per second. in practice during the Motor show week the data speed dropled to literally zero i.e. no data transmission at all on 4G. 

I spoke with Salt they are aware of the problem. They said that they are doing their best to find ways to improve the coverage and the number of transmission towers. However the person that I spoke to did not know Eddie precise details as to how they object to solve the problem or any particular type of skill.

I spoke with Salt.  They are aware of the problem. They said that they are doing their best to find ways to improve the coverage and the number of transmission towers. However the person that I spoke to did not know any precise details as to how they expect to solve the problem or any particular timescale  

Therefore, if you are considering using salt and want to use your data in the area of Geneva Cornavin station, be aware that you will not get much of a signal and maybe nothing at all. 

4G would be great if nobody else used it, but in practice it is not better than 2G when the network is saturated. 

Marcus T, Mar 15, 2017 @ 07:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Sorry for typos

Eddie=Any

type of skill = timescale