Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Swiss driving handbook in English

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Swiss driving handbook in English

Hi,
Does anyone have a driving handbook to learn about Swiss/Genevan driving regulations in English? Is there any way I could get it, other than joining driving school ?

I've heard that there is an english test in Berne. How can I make an appointment for the test?

Thanks,

Ajonta

The text you are quoting:

Hi,
Does anyone have a driving handbook to learn about Swiss/Genevan driving regulations in English? Is there any way I could get it, other than joining driving school ?

I've heard that there is an english test in Berne. How can I make an appointment for the test?

Thanks,

Ajonta

Ajonta SSep 12, 2014 @ 17:01
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 6310 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Swiss driving handbook in English
Post 1

I am not aware that there is a english priving handbook.

I however understand that TCS does teach driving theory in english.

Call TCS and ask them, they should know.

I am not aware that there is a english priving handbook.

I however understand that TCS does teach driving theory in english.

Call TCS and ask them, they should know.

Dave G, Sep 12, 2014 @ 18:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Try your local library, I know that Paquis have the latest 2014 Theory CD, however I don't know if English is a language option on the CD. Just out of interest, if you fail your first theory test you have two further attempts free of charge which you can take more or less immediately.

Try your local library, I know that Paquis have the latest 2014 Theory CD, however I don't know if English is a language option on the CD. Just out of interest, if you fail your first theory test you have two further attempts free of charge which you can take more or less immediately.

Shirley T, Sep 15, 2014 @ 21:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Ajonta,

You can get books in english at Payot, near BelAir. You can ask the guys from the store and they will show it to you, it's around CHF 24. How long have you been in Switzerland, if it's less than 1 year then you can use your country's license upto maximum 1 year and you only have to give practical test. Beware, that you only get one chance to exchange, so practice a lot.

Thanks

Anil

Hi Ajonta,

You can get books in english at Payot, near BelAir. You can ask the guys from the store and they will show it to you, it's around CHF 24. How long have you been in Switzerland, if it's less than 1 year then you can use your country's license upto maximum 1 year and you only have to give practical test. Beware, that you only get one chance to exchange, so practice a lot.

Thanks

Anil

Anil V, Sep 15, 2014 @ 22:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thanks everyone. I didn't have get a chance to check here.

Shirley T @ I am not famiier with library in Paquis. I will chech it out. Any speficic adreess or name would be usefull. Thanks again for your respond.

Anenil V @ I havent been to Payot yet. Thanks a lot. I went to finac, it didn't have any english book.

Dave G@ I don't know about TCS. But I will try them too.

Cheers,

A

Shirley T @ I am not famiier with library in Paquis. I will chech it out. Any speficic adreess or name would be usefull. Thanks again for your respond.

Anenil V @ I havent been to Payot yet. Thanks a lot. I went to finac, it didn't have any english book.

Cheers,

A

Ajonta S, Sep 16, 2014 @ 15:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Cheers,

A

Sep 16, 14 15:13

Bibliothèque des Pâquis
Rue du Môle 17
1201 Genève

mardi_15:00 - 19:00
mercredi_10:00 - 18:00
jeudi_15:00 - 19:00
vendredi_15:00 - 19:00
samedi_13:30 - 17:00

réception : (+41) 022 418 37 50

tram 15 stop Mole.

Bibliothèque des Pâquis
Rue du Môle 17
1201 Genève

mardi_15:00 - 19:00
mercredi_10:00 - 18:00
jeudi_15:00 - 19:00
vendredi_15:00 - 19:00
samedi_13:30 - 17:00

réception : (+41) 022 418 37 50

tram 15 stop Mole.

Shirley T, Sep 16, 2014 @ 21:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

I have a copy of the handbook in English that I no longer need - 30chf, in perfect condition (it's 41 chf brand new). PM me if anyone wants it.

I have a copy of the handbook in English that I no longer need - 30chf, in perfect condition (it's 41 chf brand new). PM me if anyone wants it.

Fionnuala O, Jan 26, 2015 @ 12:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hello is the book still available? and what year was it printed...

was it helpful?

Hello is the book still available? and what year was it printed...

was it helpful?

Enny A, Jan 30, 2015 @ 09:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hello, 

I was wondering if anyone had any updates on actually finding an English driving handbook. I am on the hunt for one. 

Thanks!

Hello, 

I was wondering if anyone had any updates on actually finding an English driving handbook. I am on the hunt for one. 

Thanks!

Liv S, Mar 8, 2015 @ 12:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

be aware the written driving test is "language specific" to the federal driving code. this code is not in english therefore any translation of the test  be it english or other) can be extremely misleading when reading the choces on the exam in the translated version.exmaple: "entraver la circulation....... "  this is the word used in the federal driving code. how many different translations for this do you know, yet only the specific one they want is correct. if you take it in french, then, you will recognize the word from the federal code.

be aware the written driving test is "language specific" to the federal driving code. this code is not in english therefore any translation of the test  be it english or other) can be extremely misleading when reading the choces on the exam in the translated version.exmaple: "entraver la circulation....... "  this is the word used in the federal driving code. how many different translations for this do you know, yet only the specific one they want is correct. if you take it in french, then, you will recognize the word from the federal code.

epicure, Mar 9, 2015 @ 12:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Just as a note for anyone who may seek an English driving handbook, the Payot at Chantepoulet carried one! 

Just as a note for anyone who may seek an English driving handbook, the Payot at Chantepoulet carried one! 

Liv S, Mar 9, 2015 @ 21:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 6310 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form