Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Termination of rent

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Termination of rent

Hello!

I am working here in Switzrland already 3 years. But seems I miss home too much and I am thinking together with my family  to move back. Currently I am not decided when, but just want to plan everything I will have to do before leaving the country.

The think that bothers me the most is how to cancel the appartment rent. I have a contract started on 1st of Feb 2015.  I tried to read the contract on how to cancel the rent, but seems I know french not that good to clearly understand the terms written in contract.

Please, help me to understand what this means:

Résiliation et reconduction
Is se renouvelle aux mêmes conditions pour 1 an sauf avis de résiliation de l'une ou l'autre des parties donné et reçu 4 mois à l'avancee pour la prochaine échéance et ainsi de suite d' 1an en 1an

Does it means that I could cancel my contract only once in a year?

Thanks for your help,

Regards, Sasha

The text you are quoting:

Hello!

I am working here in Switzrland already 3 years. But seems I miss home too much and I am thinking together with my family  to move back. Currently I am not decided when, but just want to plan everything I will have to do before leaving the country.

The think that bothers me the most is how to cancel the appartment rent. I have a contract started on 1st of Feb 2015.  I tried to read the contract on how to cancel the rent, but seems I know french not that good to clearly understand the terms written in contract.

Please, help me to understand what this means:

Résiliation et reconduction
Is se renouvelle aux mêmes conditions pour 1 an sauf avis de résiliation de l'une ou l'autre des parties donné et reçu 4 mois à l'avancee pour la prochaine échéance et ainsi de suite d' 1an en 1an

Does it means that I could cancel my contract only once in a year?

Thanks for your help,

Regards, Sasha

Sasha BAug 27, 2017 @ 14:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1077 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Termination of rent
Post 1

It means that the agreement shall in principle be terminated by registered letter to be received by the landlord at least 4 months before the term (i.e. before end of September for a term set at 31 January). This ordinary cancellation is only once a year. As an extraordinary measure, you may find yourself another lessee who would be willing to take over the agreement under the same terms. Shall in principle be accepted by the landord if the new lessee has a good financial situation.

It means that the agreement shall in principle be terminated by registered letter to be received by the landlord at least 4 months before the term (i.e. before end of September for a term set at 31 January). This ordinary cancellation is only once a year. As an extraordinary measure, you may find yourself another lessee who would be willing to take over the agreement under the same terms. Shall in principle be accepted by the landord if the new lessee has a good financial situation.

Per P, Aug 27, 2017 @ 18:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks, for explanation. That what I thought also. Just I heard from colleges at work that they terminated their contract just notifying 3 month before the date they wanted to leave. But seems the contract my regie created is more strict...

Thanks, for explanation. That what I thought also. Just I heard from colleges at work that they terminated their contract just notifying 3 month before the date they wanted to leave. But seems the contract my regie created is more strict...

Sasha B, Aug 27, 2017 @ 20:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I would suggest that you discuss with the landlord if you plan to move out earlier. Sometimes they have people waiting to find an apartement and they could suggest someone else and accept to terminate the agreement earlier.

I would suggest that you discuss with the landlord if you plan to move out earlier. Sometimes they have people waiting to find an apartement and they could suggest someone else and accept to terminate the agreement earlier.

Per P, Aug 31, 2017 @ 14:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Don't waste your time, get legal advice with ASLOCA: http://www.asloca.ch/geneve/. A lawyer will help you write a letter in your best interests.

Don't waste your time, get legal advice with ASLOCA: http://www.asloca.ch/geneve/. A lawyer will help you write a letter in your best interests.

geojusto, Aug 31, 2017 @ 14:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1077 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form