Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > The difference between Liability insurance and Household contents insurance.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
The difference between Liability insurance and Household contents insurance.

Hello. I have a question regarding liability insurance and Household contents insurance. I am still not sure about the difference between liability insurance and household insurance.

Recently, I have finally found a place to live and I need to take out liability insurance (I will be renting a room in an apartment and living with a landload). When I was researching liability insurance, I found household contents insurance and it also seems to protect me if I break something in my room.

I want to save money and I feel that it is not necessary to have household insurance if it protects "my own things" instead of my landlord's property.

This could be a basic question, but I would be grateful if someone could answer it.

The text you are quoting:

Hello. I have a question regarding liability insurance and Household contents insurance. I am still not sure about the difference between liability insurance and household insurance.

Recently, I have finally found a place to live and I need to take out liability insurance (I will be renting a room in an apartment and living with a landload). When I was researching liability insurance, I found household contents insurance and it also seems to protect me if I break something in my room.

I want to save money and I feel that it is not necessary to have household insurance if it protects "my own things" instead of my landlord's property.

This could be a basic question, but I would be grateful if someone could answer it.

Hayato MasudaFeb 26, 2024 @ 22:12
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 216 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: The difference between Liability insurance and Household contents insurance.
Post 1

Feb 26, 24 22:12

Do you have a legal rental agreement?  Or is the "rental" simply a private arrangement between friends?

And how long will you stay?

R.

Do you have a legal rental agreement?  Or is the "rental" simply a private arrangement between friends?

And how long will you stay?

R.

Ritchie, Feb 27, 2024 @ 16:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: The difference between Liability insurance and Household contents insurance.
Post 2

Hi, Ritchie.

I had an official contract with my landlord, and I rent a room and live in the same apartment with her.

I am going to stay here until August (half a year).

Thank you

Hi, Ritchie.

I had an official contract with my landlord, and I rent a room and live in the same apartment with her.

I am going to stay here until August (half a year).

Thank you

Hayato Masuda, Feb 27, 2024 @ 19:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I'm not an expert but here's what I understand:

Household content is insurance for the objects you have in the house: TV, fridge, cloths, etc. If they get damaged / stolen, the insurance covers it. 

Liability is insurance that covers damage you do to to the apartement: fire, flooding, etc. 

If you want an expert opinion (plus glocals discount): https://www.glocals.com/guides/guide-insurance-switzerland-allianz/

I'm not an expert but here's what I understand:

Household content is insurance for the objects you have in the house: TV, fridge, cloths, etc. If they get damaged / stolen, the insurance covers it. 

Liability is insurance that covers damage you do to to the apartement: fire, flooding, etc. 

If you want an expert opinion (plus glocals discount): https://www.glocals.com/guides/guide-insurance-switzerland-allianz/

Nir Ofek, Feb 28, 2024 @ 16:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 216 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form