Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Travel insurance negate the need for swiss compulsory health insurance?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Travel insurance negate the need for swiss compulsory health insurance?

Hello,

I am in Switzerland for 6 months at the WHO (volunteer, non paid). Is anyone able to tell me that if I extend my travel insurance from Australia that I won't need to get additional Swiss Health Insurance?

Thanks.

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I am in Switzerland for 6 months at the WHO (volunteer, non paid). Is anyone able to tell me that if I extend my travel insurance from Australia that I won't need to get additional Swiss Health Insurance?

Thanks.

Pasqualina CoffeySep 22, 2014 @ 20:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 935 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Travel insurance negate the need for swiss compulsory health insurance?
Post 1

WHO has is own insurance plans. Then you dont need to contract for the expensive swiss compulsory insurance. But the WHO insurance plan is much better (there are much more benefits) and more costly than a simple "travel insurance", I guess. 

WHO has is own insurance plans. Then you dont need to contract for the expensive swiss compulsory insurance. But the WHO insurance plan is much better (there are much more benefits) and more costly than a simple "travel insurance", I guess. 

Alexandre B, Oct 30, 2014 @ 17:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Don’t forego your travel insurance if it covers you for the cancellation of, say, a flight reservation because of an accident or illness, luggage loss and things of that sort.

The WHO insurance is only concerned with health issues.

Don’t forego your travel insurance if it covers you for the cancellation of, say, a flight reservation because of an accident or illness, luggage loss and things of that sort.

The WHO insurance is only concerned with health issues.

Ritchie, Oct 30, 2014 @ 19:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hey Pasqualina, how did you go with finding out about the WHO health insurance? I am looking at this issue myself at the moment...

Hey Pasqualina, how did you go with finding out about the WHO health insurance? I am looking at this issue myself at the moment...

Rachel Katterl, Nov 10, 2014 @ 00:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 935 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form