Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Very good Idea

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Very good Idea

Whether this idea exists now in Switzerland, we know not, but it seems like an extraordinarily super thing to do : there are out-of-date telephone boxes placed at strategic places in our communities here in France, which serve as book exchanges.

People are free to take and leave unwanted books or DVDs on an ad hoc and free basis, based on trust. There is one such at the Embarcadere in Evian and another one opposite the Chateau in Lugrin.

Today we put in two English book and a DVD, but were not lucky enough to find any books to our liking. No problem though, we will go again in a few days and have another lookKiss

The text you are quoting:

Whether this idea exists now in Switzerland, we know not, but it seems like an extraordinarily super thing to do : there are out-of-date telephone boxes placed at strategic places in our communities here in France, which serve as book exchanges.

People are free to take and leave unwanted books or DVDs on an ad hoc and free basis, based on trust. There is one such at the Embarcadere in Evian and another one opposite the Chateau in Lugrin.

Today we put in two English book and a DVD, but were not lucky enough to find any books to our liking. No problem though, we will go again in a few days and have another lookKiss

sheila cMay 23, 2018 @ 15:57
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 665 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Very good Idea
Post 1

The city and the communes of Geneva have recycling “outlets” where one can leave books and DVDs and/or help oneself to anything that takes one’s fancy.

I live in Eaux-Vives and my nearest receptacle is a metal box on a somewhat unsteady

pedestal but it serves the purpose. 

There are donations for all age-groups and tastes in several languages including, for example, Russian, Japanese, Arabic, etc., as well as the more usual French, German, and Italian plus a wide variety of publication in British and American English.  I’ve acquired quite a few interesting books so I also donate in my turn.

I don’t know who launched the scheme but I think it’s a great idea and judging by the turnover so do many other folk.

The text you are quoting:

The city and the communes of Geneva have recycling “outlets” where one can leave books and DVDs and/or help oneself to anything that takes one’s fancy.

I live in Eaux-Vives and my nearest receptacle is a metal box on a somewhat unsteady

pedestal but it serves the purpose. 

There are donations for all age-groups and tastes in several languages including, for example, Russian, Japanese, Arabic, etc., as well as the more usual French, German, and Italian plus a wide variety of publication in British and American English.  I’ve acquired quite a few interesting books so I also donate in my turn.

I don’t know who launched the scheme but I think it’s a great idea and judging by the turnover so do many other folk.

Ritchie, May 23, 2018 @ 22:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 665 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form