Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > Where to repair broken jewellery in Geneva (

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Where to repair broken jewellery in Geneva (

Hi all,

My friends have broken ring (gold) that they purchased outside of Switzerland (one in Malaysia and one in UK).

Was wondering if anyone would know where can we get broken jewelleries fixed here in Geneva or surround area of Geneva (even if not purchased from the jeweller here).

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Fiona

The text you are quoting:

Hi all,

My friends have broken ring (gold) that they purchased outside of Switzerland (one in Malaysia and one in UK).

Was wondering if anyone would know where can we get broken jewelleries fixed here in Geneva or surround area of Geneva (even if not purchased from the jeweller here).

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Fiona

Fiona LiewJan 22, 2015 @ 14:04
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

17 Replies | 4226 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Where to repair broken jewellery in Geneva (
Post 1

In my experience, the large boutiques aren’t interested in jewellery repair unless the piece is really valuable, so look for small shops where there is a chance that the owner or manager is a qualified craftsman.  Also, most jewelers here are rather disdainful of anything that isn’t 18 ct yellow gold so don’t be too optimistic if that’s not the case for the Malaysian ring.

Good luck!  R.

In my experience, the large boutiques aren’t interested in jewellery repair unless the piece is really valuable, so look for small shops where there is a chance that the owner or manager is a qualified craftsman.  Also, most jewelers here are rather disdainful of anything that isn’t 18 ct yellow gold so don’t be too optimistic if that’s not the case for the Malaysian ring.

Good luck!  R.

Ritchie, Jan 22, 2015 @ 18:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Yeah, if you get gold rings in Asia, or Dubai, or USA the gold content is different and European gold is not the same Karot. Like some are 10k, 14k, 18k and then 24k

I had seen a jewelry & watch repair on rte du servette, almost across from Honda.

Yeah, if you get gold rings in Asia, or Dubai, or USA the gold content is different and European gold is not the same Karot. Like some are 10k, 14k, 18k and then 24k

I had seen a jewelry & watch repair on rte du servette, almost across from Honda.

Dave G, Jan 23, 2015 @ 05:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

There are small jewellery shops all over town.

For example, there’s one in Chantepoulet, on the right- hand side going up towards the railway station;  there are several in Pâquis;  one in rue Montchoisy near the intersection with rue de la Mairie in Eaux-vives;  at least two in rue de Carouge.

Just go walk about and keep your eyes open and have fun, R.

There are small jewellery shops all over town.

For example, there’s one in Chantepoulet, on the right- hand side going up towards the railway station;  there are several in Pâquis;  one in rue Montchoisy near the intersection with rue de la Mairie in Eaux-vives;  at least two in rue de Carouge.

Just go walk about and keep your eyes open and have fun, R.

Ritchie, Jan 23, 2015 @ 09:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Of 3 experiences of mine in paying for jewellery repair, only 1 was good.

Do try to get your item fixed, but don't have fantasies of perfection. Good luck! You may get lucky, you never know.

I guess it depends on the type of repair and what the item is made of.

Of 3 experiences of mine in paying for jewellery repair, only 1 was good.

Do try to get your item fixed, but don't have fantasies of perfection. Good luck! You may get lucky, you never know.

I guess it depends on the type of repair and what the item is made of.

Carrie O, Jan 24, 2015 @ 00:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Bring it to me! I am a professional jeweller with over 16 years in the trade, experienced in repairng all types of jewellery from fashion to antique at very resoanable rates. Please private message me for my website and for more information.

Soldering is fairly straightforwd if you have the right blowtorch and soldering alloys depending on karat (9-22k) and colour (yellow,white or rose gold).

Yes, some jewellers are intimidating, do not work or explain things well and will often refuse to fix something they have not sold or that they deem of inferior quality. And let us not even talk about the price they feel they can charge. I am happy to dicuss individually with you all and will give a free and accurate estimate if you are interested.

Bring it to me! I am a professional jeweller with over 16 years in the trade, experienced in repairng all types of jewellery from fashion to antique at very resoanable rates. Please private message me for my website and for more information.

Soldering is fairly straightforwd if you have the right blowtorch and soldering alloys depending on karat (9-22k) and colour (yellow,white or rose gold).

Yes, some jewellers are intimidating, do not work or explain things well and will often refuse to fix something they have not sold or that they deem of inferior quality. And let us not even talk about the price they feel they can charge. I am happy to dicuss individually with you all and will give a free and accurate estimate if you are interested.

hellsbells, Feb 19, 2015 @ 23:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Try Aqua De Oro,  they do repair and they have a website

Try Aqua De Oro,  they do repair and they have a website

Ali Baba, Feb 20, 2015 @ 09:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi I just got a necklace repaired and was very pleased with the work. This was after another place told me that there was no way to repair it.  The place is Scherrer Bijouterie Rue De-Grenus 5, 1201 Genève near Manor. Tel is 022 732 8457. Mr Scherrer was a real craftsman and knew what he was doing. 

Hi I just got a necklace repaired and was very pleased with the work. This was after another place told me that there was no way to repair it.  The place is Scherrer Bijouterie Rue De-Grenus 5, 1201 Genève near Manor. Tel is 022 732 8457. Mr Scherrer was a real craftsman and knew what he was doing. 

Zabeen M, Feb 21, 2015 @ 22:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hello! 

I know this is a really old thread but I am trying to contact you to get some help regarding an engagement ring. Can you give me a contact number or email? Thank you so much

Hello! 

I know this is a really old thread but I am trying to contact you to get some help regarding an engagement ring. Can you give me a contact number or email? Thank you so much
Alex Sanderson, Jul 4, 2016 @ 12:38

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Try this lady....does eveything and very reasonable

https://www.facebook.com/metaluma/

Try this lady....does eveything and very reasonable

https://www.facebook.com/metaluma/

Jeffery S, Jul 5, 2016 @ 03:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

I recommend Metaluma too (in Ferney Voltaire)

:)

I recommend Metaluma too (in Ferney Voltaire)

:)

Astrid P, Jul 5, 2016 @ 09:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Thanks Jeffery and Astrid! I should be back in the workshop as of Saturday 9 July. Looking forward to it....you can always contact me at [email protected] anytime

Thanks Jeffery and Astrid! I should be back in the workshop as of Saturday 9 July. Looking forward to it....you can always contact me at [email protected] anytime

hellsbells, Jul 8, 2016 @ 07:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Not sure how to private message you.  But, I have a question about the possibility of your fixing something for me.

Not sure how to private message you.  But, I have a question about the possibility of your fixing something for me.

Lisa S, Feb 10, 2017 @ 11:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

To send a private message, click on the member’s  name and send it from her Profile. Hope this helps, R.

To send a private message, click on the member’s  name and send it from her Profile. Hope this helps, R.

Ritchie, Feb 10, 2017 @ 12:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

http://www.bucherer.com/fr/competence/service-clients-montres-bijoux

GENÈVE, RUE DU RHÔNE

45, Rue du Rhône
1204 Genève
T +41 22 319 62 66

GENÈVE, QUAI DU MONT-BLANC

1, Quai Mont-Blanc
1201 Genève
T +41 22 732 31 18

http://www.bucherer.com/fr/competence/service-clients-montres-bijoux

GENÈVE, RUE DU RHÔNE

45, Rue du Rhône
1204 Genève
T +41 22 319 62 66

GENÈVE, QUAI DU MONT-BLANC

1, Quai Mont-Blanc
1201 Genève
T +41 22 732 31 18

hay_, Feb 10, 2017 @ 15:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Many thanks for thinking of me all of you. As always I am availble for your jewellery reapir and custom design needs. H

Many thanks for thinking of me all of you. As always I am availble for your jewellery reapir and custom design needs. H

hellsbells, Feb 15, 2017 @ 12:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

I took my cracked engagement ring to Metaluma recently and she did an amazing (and quick!) job repairing it. Just wanted to bump this to add to the other recommendations to get in touch with her for jewellery repair.

I took my cracked engagement ring to Metaluma recently and she did an amazing (and quick!) job repairing it. Just wanted to bump this to add to the other recommendations to get in touch with her for jewellery repair.

Bryn C, Apr 23, 2017 @ 21:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

For silver jewellery (silver only, no gold) and even some creation, you may go to this shop

Oyela
rue Leschot 3
1205 Genève

(Plainpalais area)

Ther are selling ethnic cloths and jewellery, semi-precious stones, incense, dreamcatchers, bags, etc. Great place :)

For silver jewellery (silver only, no gold) and even some creation, you may go to this shop

Oyela
rue Leschot 3
1205 Genève

(Plainpalais area)

Ther are selling ethnic cloths and jewellery, semi-precious stones, incense, dreamcatchers, bags, etc. Great place :)

Catherine M, Apr 26, 2017 @ 11:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
17 Replies | 4226 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form