Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > General > renters rights

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
renters rights

After 25 years of tenancy and three years of battles, the owner of my apartment will renovate my badly damaged kitchen.  The work will be done by a company that did work for the owner on her house and not through the regie, thereby bypassing the Regie which normally pays the regie a percentage of the work when the regie orders the work.  The owner also did an estimate in November 2017 for the removing of soiled wallpaper and painting of my apartment.  The estimate was made without a Bon from the regie and therefore I do not have the name or contact telephone number of the painter.  Two weeks after the estimate was done, the regie called me to say that the owner demands that I empty my apartment because the painter will paint the apartment two weeks later.  I told the regie that the kitchen has to be done first before any painting and since the regie assured me that the kitchen wil be done following his and the owner's visit to see the work that was done on another apartment in our building.  When I called the regie yesterday to ask for the name of the painter who did the painting estimate for the owner, he told me that no painting has been planned for my apartment except of the kitchen which was included in the kitchen work and that they spent already a lot of money on work in my apartment.  Obviously, the regie is upset that the owner commissioned the kitchen work privately, thereby avoiding paying the work commission to the regie and now I am refused painting which I have a right to after 25 years.  What shall I do apart from consulting asloca.  I heard that a tenant has the right to paintng every 5 years of tenancy which is not renovation work but maintenance of the apartment.  Any advice will be appreciated.

The text you are quoting:

After 25 years of tenancy and three years of battles, the owner of my apartment will renovate my badly damaged kitchen.  The work will be done by a company that did work for the owner on her house and not through the regie, thereby bypassing the Regie which normally pays the regie a percentage of the work when the regie orders the work.  The owner also did an estimate in November 2017 for the removing of soiled wallpaper and painting of my apartment.  The estimate was made without a Bon from the regie and therefore I do not have the name or contact telephone number of the painter.  Two weeks after the estimate was done, the regie called me to say that the owner demands that I empty my apartment because the painter will paint the apartment two weeks later.  I told the regie that the kitchen has to be done first before any painting and since the regie assured me that the kitchen wil be done following his and the owner's visit to see the work that was done on another apartment in our building.  When I called the regie yesterday to ask for the name of the painter who did the painting estimate for the owner, he told me that no painting has been planned for my apartment except of the kitchen which was included in the kitchen work and that they spent already a lot of money on work in my apartment.  Obviously, the regie is upset that the owner commissioned the kitchen work privately, thereby avoiding paying the work commission to the regie and now I am refused painting which I have a right to after 25 years.  What shall I do apart from consulting asloca.  I heard that a tenant has the right to paintng every 5 years of tenancy which is not renovation work but maintenance of the apartment.  Any advice will be appreciated.

Raya MMay 2, 2018 @ 09:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1022 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: renters rights
Post 1

Hi Raya,

You can contact ASLOCA http://www.asloca.ch/

They are a very helpful tenant's rights association.

Regards,
Sean

Hi Raya,

You can contact ASLOCA http://www.asloca.ch/

They are a very helpful tenant's rights association.

Regards,
Sean

Sean C, May 2, 2018 @ 13:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I think the right for repaint is after 10 years of rental contract, not after 5.

I think the right for repaint is after 10 years of rental contract, not after 5.

ajimenezp, May 2, 2018 @ 19:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

In my opinion, your situation needs ASLOCA’s expertise, so don’t waste any more time.  Make an appointment to see one of their lawyers as soon as possible.

Good luck!

R.

In my opinion, your situation needs ASLOCA’s expertise, so don’t waste any more time.  Make an appointment to see one of their lawyers as soon as possible.

Good luck!

R.

Ritchie, May 2, 2018 @ 20:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello Raya,

as said above, if I were you, I'd book a meeting with Asloca or call your "protection juridique" if you have one. Both will give you professional advice, which is much needed in complex situations like yours.

The best that you might get here are opinions, which you still need to validate with asloca or a professional.

Good luck

Hello Raya,

as said above, if I were you, I'd book a meeting with Asloca or call your "protection juridique" if you have one. Both will give you professional advice, which is much needed in complex situations like yours.

The best that you might get here are opinions, which you still need to validate with asloca or a professional.

Good luck

Sinan, May 3, 2018 @ 08:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1022 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form