Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Permit B – Time outside Switzerland.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Permit B – Time outside Switzerland.

Hi, Does anyone know if there is an issue with having a permit B but spending >6 months outside Switzerland in one go?

If there is an issue would it be avoided by my returning to Switzerland for a couple of weeks in the middle of the time I will be away?

The text you are quoting:

Hi, Does anyone know if there is an issue with having a permit B but spending >6 months outside Switzerland in one go?

If there is an issue would it be avoided by my returning to Switzerland for a couple of weeks in the middle of the time I will be away?

Jaime vFeb 21, 2011 @ 22:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 5019 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Permit B – Time outside Switzerland.
Post 1

I think the limit is six months but I don't know if a quick visit will satisfy the residency requirement.

Do be careful as I've heard some horror stories regarding people living here for many years but losing their permit after a long trip abroad.

I think the limit is six months but I don't know if a quick visit will satisfy the residency requirement.

Do be careful as I've heard some horror stories regarding people living here for many years but losing their permit after a long trip abroad.

richardm, Feb 22, 2011 @ 11:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Your permit is attached to your address and work... if you have neither in Switzerland you will loose your permit.

Either as a EU citizen you have to keep your address here, and pay relevant bills and taxes.... or you have to reapply when you wish to live here again.

As a C permit holder you can leave for 2 yrs... after then you have to start again.

Your permit is attached to your address and work... if you have neither in Switzerland you will loose your permit.

Either as a EU citizen you have to keep your address here, and pay relevant bills and taxes.... or you have to reapply when you wish to live here again.

As a C permit holder you can leave for 2 yrs... after then you have to start again.

Charlie, Feb 22, 2011 @ 12:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Feb 21, 11 22:34

If you really have to do this, it is best to consult with a qualified immigrationn lawyer.

If you really have to do this, it is best to consult with a qualified immigrationn lawyer.

Translator, Feb 22, 2011 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

sorry, immigration

sorry, immigration

Translator, Feb 22, 2011 @ 13:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Jan 1, 70 01:00

Perhaps... If he could find a way to leave Schengen space without going through a passport control.  Might not be easy.

Perhaps... If he could find a way to leave Schengen space without going through a passport control.  Might not be easy.

richardm, Feb 22, 2011 @ 15:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

They never stamp my passport, either.  But they definitely scan it each time I go through a control.

They never stamp my passport, either.  But they definitely scan it each time I go through a control.

richardm, Feb 22, 2011 @ 15:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Feb 22, 11 15:22

Passport control is a federal thing. Residence permit is issued by local authorities. The systems are not that integrated ;)

Passport control is a federal thing. Residence permit is issued by local authorities. The systems are not that integrated ;)

catalin, Feb 22, 2011 @ 16:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 5019 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form