Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > Tram changes in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Tram changes in Geneva?

Apparently from today various tram lines have changed or stopped in Geneva. I could not find a summary of this on the tpg site and the link on WRS was not working. Has anyone got the full info on this? I know the 13 has stopped, and perhaps the 18 too? (merged with the 14)? Prices have also gone up. So it this a situation of less for more? Cheers, Siany

The text you are quoting:

Apparently from today various tram lines have changed or stopped in Geneva. I could not find a summary of this on the tpg site and the link on WRS was not working. Has anyone got the full info on this? I know the 13 has stopped, and perhaps the 18 too? (merged with the 14)? Prices have also gone up. So it this a situation of less for more? Cheers, Siany

SianyDec 12, 2011 @ 13:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 3248 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Tram changes in Geneva?
Post 1

Here are the summary of changes in tram routes:

As of Sunday 11 December 2011, many of the TPG (public transportation in Geneva) lines will be changed. 

The major change is with the re-organization of trams. In turn, some buses and trams will run on different routes and some will be cancelled. Please see the following summary for major lines (tram in blue and bus in black):

Lines that will no longer be in service:

13, 16, 17, 18, 20, 27

Lines with modified routes:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 14, 19, 21, 

No change in the routes but with new timetable:

6, 8, 11, 12, 15, 22, 23, 28

The Blandonnet stop will be served by tram 14 and buses 23, 28, 57 and Y.

Here are the summary of changes in tram routes:

As of Sunday 11 December 2011, many of the TPG (public transportation in Geneva) lines will be changed. 

The major change is with the re-organization of trams. In turn, some buses and trams will run on different routes and some will be cancelled. Please see the following summary for major lines (tram in blue and bus in black):

Lines that will no longer be in service:

13, 16, 17, 18, 20, 27

Lines with modified routes:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 14, 19, 21, 

No change in the routes but with new timetable:

6, 8, 11, 12, 15, 22, 23, 28

The Blandonnet stop will be served by tram 14 and buses 23, 28, 57 and Y.

Samidh Shrestha, Dec 12, 2011 @ 13:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

here you find all changes per line in details:

http://www.tpg.ch/fr/horaires-et-reseau/horaires/changements-d-horaires/changement_ligne_11_decembre_2011.php

here you find all changes per line in details:

http://www.tpg.ch/fr/horaires-et-reseau/horaires/changements-d-horaires/changement_ligne_11_decembre_2011.php

Federica, Dec 12, 2011 @ 13:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

from my morning experience the "Nations" stop for the bus 22 has been moved to the stop "Nation" of the bus 8

from my morning experience the "Nations" stop for the bus 22 has been moved to the stop "Nation" of the bus 8

Elina M, Dec 12, 2011 @ 13:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

The prices have gone up only for individual tickets. The monthly and yearly pass prices have not changed.

The prices have gone up only for individual tickets. The monthly and yearly pass prices have not changed.

Andrew I, Dec 12, 2011 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

hmmmmm.... I don't now about that 'less congestion' remark... it has been horrible these days, with lots of buses and trams standing still... Last night it took me an hour and a half to get home, where earlier it would take 45 minutes to an hour. Not happy...

hmmmmm.... I don't now about that 'less congestion' remark... it has been horrible these days, with lots of buses and trams standing still... Last night it took me an hour and a half to get home, where earlier it would take 45 minutes to an hour. Not happy...

drb1, Dec 15, 2011 @ 15:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

It is simplified for sure.

But I have also noticed that there are a lot more cars on roads and a lot more people in public transport than before. And this even at hours such as 10am which wasnt the case before!

The main problem for me is getting back home, I see huge crowds of people waiting for a tram that never arrives. I remember waiting 5 minutes for a tram and almost no one else waiting at the platform. Now there are maybe 30 people waiting and I had to wait 15 minutes.

It is simplified for sure.

But I have also noticed that there are a lot more cars on roads and a lot more people in public transport than before. And this even at hours such as 10am which wasnt the case before!

The main problem for me is getting back home, I see huge crowds of people waiting for a tram that never arrives. I remember waiting 5 minutes for a tram and almost no one else waiting at the platform. Now there are maybe 30 people waiting and I had to wait 15 minutes.

Andrew I, Dec 15, 2011 @ 16:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

My wifes commute home has now doubled in time also. Before what used to be a tram every 10 minutes now turns to 1 every 30 minutes. Her commutte to La Plaine from Plan Palais used to be 30 minutes its now over 1 hr 10 minutes, and the trams are overcrowded. Don't sound like an improvement to me. 

My wifes commute home has now doubled in time also. Before what used to be a tram every 10 minutes now turns to 1 every 30 minutes. Her commutte to La Plaine from Plan Palais used to be 30 minutes its now over 1 hr 10 minutes, and the trams are overcrowded. Don't sound like an improvement to me. 

Kevin M, Dec 15, 2011 @ 18:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

In my experience these new changes in the tpg is just worse than ever. The trams keep up the traffic everywhere(I used to queue around 10minutes to get out from my street and now it's between 30-40minutes) and it's true that there are loads of people at the stops(even after 10am). I was suspecting that will happen because is it really a good idea to take 4 tramlines out of the traffic and expecting better transportation with it? In the other hand it'd work perfectly if there are no cars in the town at all...

In my experience these new changes in the tpg is just worse than ever. The trams keep up the traffic everywhere(I used to queue around 10minutes to get out from my street and now it's between 30-40minutes) and it's true that there are loads of people at the stops(even after 10am). I was suspecting that will happen because is it really a good idea to take 4 tramlines out of the traffic and expecting better transportation with it? In the other hand it'd work perfectly if there are no cars in the town at all...

Monika L, Dec 15, 2011 @ 18:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

let us hope it is teething problems and things will get back to normal .. surely this situation is not permanent  ?

let us hope it is teething problems and things will get back to normal .. surely this situation is not permanent  ?

Helen E, Dec 15, 2011 @ 23:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Thanks for Link Reka, was looking for that. So GVA came to a standstill last night, My wife ended up walking from Planpalais to cornavin station, trams were arriving 60minutes late on her line, and some never showed at all. So what was a 30 minute commute last thursday turned into a 2 hr commute this thursday..good job tpg! Great to see Genevas finest out helping with traffic congestion too, what's the point of public transport if it's going to get stuck behind traffic....crikey.....

Thanks for Link Reka, was looking for that. So GVA came to a standstill last night, My wife ended up walking from Planpalais to cornavin station, trams were arriving 60minutes late on her line, and some never showed at all. So what was a 30 minute commute last thursday turned into a 2 hr commute this thursday..good job tpg! Great to see Genevas finest out helping with traffic congestion too, what's the point of public transport if it's going to get stuck behind traffic....crikey.....

Kevin M, Dec 16, 2011 @ 10:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Yesterday, it was the teachers strike. It is the reason of the mess. However, the new network is a disaster :) In Lausanne, when we made a change 3 years ago, no complains. Everything was better ... Here in Geneva, I can only see that I heard on the news that the management is going to be fired apparently... Not a surprise after such a mess !

Yesterday, it was the teachers strike. It is the reason of the mess. However, the new network is a disaster :) In Lausanne, when we made a change 3 years ago, no complains. Everything was better ... Here in Geneva, I can only see that I heard on the news that the management is going to be fired apparently... Not a surprise after such a mess !

jcatjost, Dec 16, 2011 @ 10:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

There was supposed to be the Occupy movement as well, but many of my collegues went through the place there were going to be having their demonstrations, and did not see anything... but on the noticeboard of TPG it kept saying 'manifestations'. Where were those 'manifestations' then?

I really hope next week is going to be better. If not, I am going to ask my moneay back for my annual abonnement, and buy a scooter... :-(

There was supposed to be the Occupy movement as well, but many of my collegues went through the place there were going to be having their demonstrations, and did not see anything... but on the noticeboard of TPG it kept saying 'manifestations'. Where were those 'manifestations' then?

I really hope next week is going to be better. If not, I am going to ask my moneay back for my annual abonnement, and buy a scooter... :-(

drb1, Dec 16, 2011 @ 11:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 3248 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form